New to Desire S!

Search This thread

searius

Dec 3, 2009
Thessaloniki
Hi guys!
I'm new to Desire S.
I had a SGSII before and a Nexus S.
Can anyone tell me which rom with sense is the most stable and any good ICS rom.
Thanks in advance!

Addicted2xda

Jan 13, 2008
Kolkata, India
You may also try Virtuous ROMs.. they are quite stable and fast as well.. Also Bindroid is a good option, basically you need to try yourself..

M

Montague Fortiscue

Virtuous

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

searius

Dec 3, 2009
Thessaloniki
ok thx everyone.
one question. for s-off i have seen 3-4 threads.
i have Hboot 2.00.0002 now.
which guide is the best for me?
thanks in advance!

theguitarman94

Aug 31, 2011
Hi guys!
I'm new to Desire S.
Can anyone tell me which rom with sense is the most stable and any good ICS rom.
Thanks in advance!

Just out of interest, why did you get the desire S if you had such powerful phones before hand? The nexus S isn't more powerful but the galaxy S II is much more powerful and a much better phone.

searius

Dec 3, 2009
Thessaloniki
I sell the SGS2 befor 1 week.
I am not sure what to buy now so in the mean time I wanted an android phone. :confused:
But only for 2-3 week.So I can decide what to buy between One X/One S or Xperia S or SGS3 . :D

cyRq

Mar 3, 2011
fragxperts.pl
Hi folks.
I've got some time off from work so I can finally play a bit with my new Desire S. I have it for almost a month and didn't even change a thing :p
I've looked into the dev section and there's a ton of ROMS. Previously I had a Legend and the development there was way smaller then here.
Basically I'm looking for a good Sense ROM with some tweaks, OC support and good battery life. Any recommendations? :)
Also, I would like to know if anything goes wrong can I flash it without issues to stock with no signs of unlocking the bootloader etc?

cyRq

Mar 3, 2011
fragxperts.pl
So Endymion will be my furst try ;)
One question - is this normal on the Desire S, that you need to flash boot.img manualy on every ROM when unlocked via HTCdev?

ben_pyett

Oct 28, 2006
London, Colchester, Wivenhoe
One question - is this normal on the Desire S, that you need to flash boot.img manualy on every ROM when unlocked via HTCdev?
Yes, its as a result of using HTCDEV.

You can attempt to RELOCK, downgrade and then S-OFF using Revolutionary, which will mean that you don't need to do that boot flash separately, but, I'd suggest that you save that for next week, there are several guides that should help....but would suggest that you read them all first.

Reactions: cyRq

Ballack94

Jan 12, 2012
Which rom is better
Endimyon or Primodonna
I am not intersted in camera much
And rom has better battery life
Plzzs suggest ???

Sent from my HTC Desire S

uqadwe

May 8, 2012
I don't think that's a fair comparison. Endymion is a stable rom, Primadonna is still "experimental".

A more correct comparison will be. Endymion vs Affinity, i for one use Affinity as a daily driver, but others like Endymion more.

Both of them are stable it's just a question of personal feeling(i think).

HarryPotent

Aug 4, 2011
Reaper 3.0 is a superb stable ROM too.

I still haven't tried endy yet because Reaper is so good

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys!
    I'm new to Desire S.
    Thanks in advance!

endymon is the most stable sense 3.5 rom,all of the ics roms have no working camera for now untill we get a new kernal.
    I don't use it as I don't really like Sense, but you can't go wrong with Endymion as a ROM.
    Yes, its as a result of using HTCDEV.

You can attempt to RELOCK, downgrade and then S-OFF using Revolutionary, which will mean that you don't need to do that boot flash separately, but, I'd suggest that you save that for next week, there are several guides that should help....but would suggest that you read them all first.
    My settings:
    awake: 998-245 mhz
    Virtuous governor
    Sleep: 245-122 mhz
    Virtuous governor

undervolt by -25
    Io scheduler deadline

Sent by my fingers to your head.

Whoa. If I were You I wouldn't go that low on sleep clock values. There's no real need for it nor any gain in standby time. I use 998 and 245 with reaper for both awake and sleep and I have no batt drop over night. Going lower than 245 You are risking loss of stability.