[2017.04.14][ROM][markw][6.0.1][UNOFFICIAL] Lineage OS 13 for Redmi 4 Prime

Search This thread

trane5700

Oct 31, 2012
Lineage OS 13 (2017.04.14) for Redmi 4 Prime UNOFFICIAL
(codename - markw)

(Folder with ROMs and Kernels on MEGA)
>>>Download HERE<<<

In folder "KERNEL by msdx321" you can find Kernels.
DO NOT HURRY UP TO FLASH KERNEL mKernel-LOS-M-R1(R2).zip!
If do the CLEAN install with all WIPES of phone, then install ROM and Kernel mKernel-LOS-M-R1(R2), phone stops booting on animation logo;
If you flash ROM than give it boot it up, and after that flash Kernel, it will be ok, but after flashing this kernel DONT DO WIPE CACHE/DALVIK!!

How to install:
1) Flash TWRP (if you not have it already)
2) Wipe System, Dalvik ART/Cache, Data, Cache
3) flash ROM
4) Download and flash GAPPS (HERE GAPPS, choose ARM64 - 6.0 - recommended Nano or Pico)
5) Reboot to System

If you will find some bugs on Stock Camera, just install Snap Camera!(down below)

If your speaker will be cracking on incoming call, just do next:
Settings - Notifications - App notifications - Phone - turn OFF Allow peeking.

If you will have battery drain by location wakelocks, try this(Need ROOT):
1) Install My Android Tools
2) Services - System - LocationServices
3) Turn OFF NetworkLocationService
No need to reboot!

All Location functionality will be okay!

And remember:
All you do it's on your own risk!

Thats all, falks!:victory:

ALL CREDITS AND THANKS TO msdx321, 0meaninsuit0, xiaobai112220, Liberation(on GitHub)!!!
They make the ROM! THX GUYS FOR YOUR WORK! ;)

We Got Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime Kernel Sources!
:victory:>>>THEY ARE HERE<<<:victory:

The same thread, but on MIUI Global Forum - HERE

Sorry for Ukrainian screenshots :p

Attachments

• Snap+v8.2.6P.apk
    5.7 MB · Views: 5,414
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 39,364
  • 2.png
    2.png
    116.5 KB · Views: 38,784
  • 3.png
    3.png
    82.9 KB · Views: 36,383
  • 4.png
    4.png
    148.3 KB · Views: 36,397
Last edited:

fforward72

Jan 14, 2010
Athens
Thanks for sharing! I also watching in 4pda forum the redmi 4 section with Google translate help. Let's hope that we'll have the kernel source soon...

Reactions: trane5700

JeeHaa

Aug 28, 2007
Has anyone installed this and not experience any location wakelocks?
I would like to use CM, but the last builds I tried gave only half the battery life of what I get on MIU (2 instead of 4 days), which was too much of a difference to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: ciku720

trane5700

Oct 31, 2012
Has anyone installed this and not experience any location wakelocks?
I would like to use CM, but the last builds I tried gave only half the battery life of what I get on MIU (2 instead of 4 days), which was too much of a difference to me.

If you will have or already has battery drain by location wakelocks, just do next:
If you will have battery drain, try this(Need ROOT):
No need to reboot!

JeeHaa

Aug 28, 2007
If you will have or already has battery drain by location wakelocks, just do next:
If you will have battery drain, try this(Need ROOT):
No need to reboot!

I know, but that is just a workaround (I assume it disables location, which I need).
I was wondering if there are also people that have location enabled without excessive drain.

trane5700

Oct 31, 2012
I know, but that is just a workaround (I assume it disables location, which I need).
I was wondering if there are also people that have location enabled without excessive drain.

No, after that all Location functionality will be okay!
And about location wakelocks I hear that they on Resurrection Remix, on this ROM no one notice about that on 4PDA.

Last edited:

mac-duff

Jan 27, 2011
It is so nice to see that the device also gets LineageOS community support. Looking really forward to it

kazekiri

May 11, 2016
I presume you can basically use this same install procedure for RR in order to circumvent the same bugs.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lineage OS 13 (2017.04.14) for Redmi 4 Prime UNOFFICIAL
    (codename - markw)

(Folder with ROMs and Kernels on MEGA)
    >>>Download HERE<<<

In folder "KERNEL by msdx321" you can find Kernels.
    DO NOT HURRY UP TO FLASH KERNEL mKernel-LOS-M-R1(R2).zip!
    If do the CLEAN install with all WIPES of phone, then install ROM and Kernel mKernel-LOS-M-R1(R2), phone stops booting on animation logo;
    If you flash ROM than give it boot it up, and after that flash Kernel, it will be ok, but after flashing this kernel DONT DO WIPE CACHE/DALVIK!!

How to install:
    1) Flash TWRP (if you not have it already)
    2) Wipe System, Dalvik ART/Cache, Data, Cache
    3) flash ROM
    4) Download and flash GAPPS (HERE GAPPS, choose ARM64 - 6.0 - recommended Nano or Pico)
    5) Reboot to System

If you will find some bugs on Stock Camera, just install Snap Camera!(down below)

If your speaker will be cracking on incoming call, just do next:
    Settings - Notifications - App notifications - Phone - turn OFF Allow peeking.

If you will have battery drain by location wakelocks, try this(Need ROOT):
    No need to reboot!

All Location functionality will be okay!

And remember:
    All you do it's on your own risk!

Thats all, falks!:victory:

ALL CREDITS AND THANKS TO msdx321, 0meaninsuit0, xiaobai112220, Liberation(on GitHub)!!!
    They make the ROM! THX GUYS FOR YOUR WORK! ;)

We Got Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime Kernel Sources!
    :victory:>>>THEY ARE HERE<<<:victory:

The same thread, but on MIUI Global Forum - HERE

Sorry for Ukrainian screenshots :p
    It's not that simple mate, look at this: https://wiki.lineageos.org/device_requests.html . We need an approved developer who maintains the device, for example. However, I think we are not that far away from having official lineage os support, @Anik_khan is the official lineage os developer and maintainer of the Redmi 3 (ido), and he is also developing for the Redmi 4 Prime, so in my opinion we could get official support soon.

Yeah i will do it soon.
    Ok, guys, this is my personal build for both Lineage and TWRP, both are updated, bugfree (from my three-day testing, let me know if you run into any errors) and built using Linaro and UberTC. I'm using msdx321 device sources (thanks for that, my man) with my own kernel (which is still not online, since I'm testing some stuff out), which is simpler and should be more battery friendly. Other than that, video camera doesn't present those weird effects present on original build. TWRP is updated and built from source. I'll keep track of the number of download to see if I should update it or not, so please, no mirrors. I have 14.1 in the oven, but it's still buggy (not even RIL works) and it will take some time to be usable due to necessary kernel changes. ZRAM is enabled and can be used without any problems.

People, no PMs, please. What can't you understand when I say this? Just calm down for now, please...
    Ok, guys, I might have some good news:
    - Fixed double tap to wake on devices in which it didn't work (so called EBBG, or whatever);
    May have fixed the upside down front camera (I don't have the issue, so not sure about it);
    May have fixed the idling high battery drain when compared to stock Miui;
    May open a new thread, since I'm putting more time into this than originally thought, so people can relax about it;
    - Fixed reboot to recovery from reboot menu;

Bad news:
    It's kinda hard to adapt the code for two different hardwares, so probably we'll have two different zips, one for people with EBBG, and other for tianma (or whatever the manufacturers of the LCDs are);
    I'll be playing a bit with the Zenfone 3 blobs to see if we can get any improvements in performance, and most likely post an update by Sunday with the fixes;