{Z}[DEVELOPMENT] - CM10.1 - Android 4.2.2 - FreeXperia Project

Search This thread

johnhere

Jul 20, 2009
Wifi works in this version?

"Swyped" From My X10Mini Running SevenBean Stable3

WiFi works in this version.

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Hoes everything running? I can't flash till later :(

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

First glans... still in development (i was not forced by developers to say that) looks good ! Fast and smooth however while making use of the
settings menu the OS becomes laggy and hangs now en then. I also encountered a crash/reboot. CPU or GPU gets warmer then usually or
must i say very warm but that's maybe related to the hanging processes.

Wifi works :good:
Download speed is very very good. I believe better then stock.
In this short period it looks like the battery consumption even with brightness full is better then stock?
Brightness auto or manual is not working :rolleyes:
Screen stays on in stand-by. Black but active? :mad:
Sound issues? which i cant test any more because the lag and hanging issues getting worser
every minute. Must do a hard reset at this moment. :confused:

After installation i was very pleased but for now it's a no go for me because it's unusable. :(

But i am patient. :laugh: first steps on xperia z so we see.

P.s where the hell do i get a stock sony rom :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Aerys

Kallb123

Jun 23, 2010
So its fine after boot but then just slows to a crawl over time?
I'm hopefully getting my Z tomorrow so I'm wondering whether to flash FXP yet.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

johnhere

Jul 20, 2009
So its fine after boot but then just slows to a crawl over time?
I'm hopefully getting my Z tomorrow so I'm wondering whether to flash FXP yet.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

I am not quit there whats good and not good. I just re-installed it again with one step different then first approach i now only did a /cache wipe
and not a full wipe. What i noticed was that it was now updating all my apps ? what's normal do... and was not the fact by first installation.
Now i dont have any slow performance atleast not untill now (30 minutes screen on time) but >> my WiFi is grayed out now ?? So
different behaving here... :)

I give an update tomorrow.

Enjoy you're hands-on tomorrow Kallb123 - it's one son of a sony :)

Last edited:

sevensheaven

Aug 16, 2006
Leidschendam
WiFi works in this version.

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

First glans... still in development (i was not forced by developers to say that) looks good ! Fast and smooth however while making use of the
settings menu the OS becomes laggy and hangs now en then. I also encountered a crash/reboot. CPU or GPU gets warmer then usually or
must i say very warm but that's maybe related to the hanging processes.

Wifi works :good:
Download speed is very very good. I believe better then stock.
In this short period it looks like the battery consumption even with brightness full is better then stock?
Brightness auto or manual is not working :rolleyes:
Screen stays on in stand-by. Black but active? :mad:
Sound issues? which i cant test any more because the lag and hanging issues getting worser
every minute. Must do a hard reset at this moment. :confused:

After installation i was very pleased but for now it's a no go for me because it's unusable. :(

But i am patient. :laugh: first steps on xperia z so we see.

P.s where the hell do i get a stock sony rom :)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2173528 here stock rom uk .

Reactions: johnhere

Delacor

Jun 4, 2011
Bremen
Google Pixel 4a
AW: {Z}[DEVELOPMENT] - CM10.1 - Android 4.2.2 - FreeXperia Project

No, I also cant see no Information/documentation of your work progress on the Z on your Website.... :(

Sent from my Galaxy SII

Last edited:

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
One thing many wonder, and if you or others have insight yet, is how this will develop as a developer-friendly phone. Having watched the frustration with the S2 and Samsung's lack of code release, and the early hints that Sony is being friendly -- how friendly?

Setting aside looking for ETA's, now that a few people have them in their hands, is there a developing consensus of where this phone may end up on the spectrum of developer support?
Well, you never know until you have a device in your hands, but everything looks positive so far.

I received more honest and accurate answers to technical questions from Sony engineers in the first week of having the T than I did in more than a year of dealing with Samsung.

With CM10 on the T, while there are still a few glitches to polish out, there's nothing in the category of "there's no way in hell I'll ever fix this ****".

CM10.1 on the T isn't quite where anyone hoped it would be, but this was partly due to an experiment (fully rebasing it onto Mako sources) that didn't quite pan out. With any device, in its first few months of existence, time is needed to build an understanding and knowledge of the device.
From a developer standpoint, inclusion of a Qualcomm-based device in AOSP with the Nexus 4 was both a blessing and a curse. A blessing in terms of having the same (or similar) SoC as a Nexus, a curse in terms of having not one but TWO potential places to find reference source - which do you choose? Yes, with the T the challenge is not enough platform reference source, it's actually too much - while it consumes a bit of time in the short term, in the long term, that's a GOOD problem to have. :) Compare to Exynos4, where we have a grand total of 0 viable places to go for platform reference source. (No AOSP, and Insignal's source is outdated ****)

Also, with the T, there are a lot of new developers coming up to speed with Sony in general - many of those T developers either have or will be getting the Z.

With the Exynos-based Galaxy S2 and S3 families, the more we came to understand and know the device(s) and platform, the more we hated them. With the T - the more I get to know it, the more I like it, and I expect the same from the Z.

I'd expect, barring any weird surprises, that since this device shares the same SoC as the Nexus 4, it's going to be in a similar category to the original GalaxyS family - those were "devices that just wouldn't die" due to having the same SoC as the Nexus S - but it DID take them a while to get there.

shivindera

May 29, 2012
Amsterdam
Just wanted to know something.... Xperia Z and ZL have the same configuration so flashing a Z ROM on ZL be ok and would it work properly?? The reason I am asking this is because in the dev section for ZL there are no post (literally) and because of some reasons I preffered ZL over Z (hate fingerprint smudges).
So are the devs going to give preference to Z over ZL???

PS - I know this belongs in general section but seeing so many devs here, I wanted an answer from you guys... Sorry and Thanks!!

krabappel2548

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2011
Lommel
Just wanted to know something.... Xperia Z and ZL have the same configuration so flashing a Z ROM on ZL be ok and would it work properly?? The reason I am asking this is because in the dev section for ZL there are no post (literally) and because of some reasons I preffered ZL over Z (hate fingerprint smudges).

PS - I know this belongs in general section but seeing so many devs here, I wanted an answer from you guys... Sorry and Thanks!!

Well, I don't make CM, but I'll also support the ZL for my roms and kernels :)

BoneMo

Jun 25, 2009
Prague
camera

how does the Camera+FrontCamera development go ?? as it is only mentioned not working thing... not asking for eta just whether the dev. started. or what remains to do with camera?

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY

There are slight differences. Direct cross-flashing probably won't work. However getting the ZL working shouldn't be hard for someone - same deal as with T v.s TX.

Reactions: Fasty12

Bin4ry

Nov 14, 2008
Berlin
AW: {Z}[DEVELOPMENT] - CM10.1 - Android 4.2.2 - FreeXperia Project

Problem actually was that we did not know of the ZL section here on XDA.

We will post a ROM soon now the section happened to be there. But can it be that the section is not on the forum list or is it just me?

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: dugzino

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune

alex3305

Jul 4, 2007
Tilburg
Maybe not completely related to CM10.1, but still want to see what dev's think. I was browsing the Sony source code this afternoon and again now, and was wondering about, while I first stumbeled upon the Quake source code within the Sony source drop. Quite funny actually :).

Anyway, I was still wondering about the camera quality that everyone was explaining about. So I found out that images are currently encoded as Ybpbr, while I read somewhere that the Exmor R sensor in the Sony is actually a RGB sensor. So that seems quite odd to me. Maybe some dev can look into it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    HOWTO

Install instructions:
    first time
    - power off the phone:
    - hold vol+ and plug usb to boot into fastboot (blu led)
    - fastboot flash boot boot.img (from cm10 zip)
    - fastboot reboot
    - enter recovery, on boot led will be violet for 3'', during this period press vol+
    - flash rom zip
    - flash gapps zip
    - wipe
    - reboot

for update just flash rom zip from recovery
    Google Apps are not included in this ROM. You'll need to find those yourself if you want them.

ENJOY AN UNOFFICIAL CM10 RELEASE BROUGHT TO YOU BY FreeXperia Team

PLEASE DONT MIRROR OUR ROMS

DOWNLOAD
    http://unrestrict.li/FXP
    So, camera as of right now (I'm calling it a night at this point...)

It now starts up. Preview works, still pictures work.

However a bunch of issues remain:
    Video recording does not work
    Flash does not work
    Preview freezes after taking a picture until you exit and enter cam app or switch between front/back cams
    Camera icon does not appear in launcher (but you can access cam from lockscreen)

Still quite a bit to go, but it's significant progress.
    thanks to all who made this possible supporting us
    contributing with code, donations or even trusting us
    thanks to SONY that made all this possible !
    hi.

im thinking of buying a sony xperia z, but im a cyanogenmod lover. i've been reading about this phone and i have some doubts. and sorry if this is not the appropriate place to ask this, but, im very interested in this rom in case i get the phone.

i found out that to b able to customize the phone i need to get boot loader unlocked. but that will make me lose bravia engine and FOTA. FOTA is the official sony updates on the rom correct? or is the firmware for something else? even with a custom rom will i need to flash the firmware updates of sony? is there a way to get bravia engine back? does bravia engine 2 makes a diference?

are there any major known bugs on this rom using CM10.1 (camera, bluetooth, wifi...)?

thanks in advance

FOTA is Sony's equivalent of the recovery partition - it just means you can't update your firmware over-the-air. You can still update using FlashTool and an FTF file, or flashing something in CWM.

Yeah, you'll lose BE2 but I really never saw it as having much of a point...

Also, one of the CM maintainers (arcee) gave us a great hint of a potentially much easier way to get camera working. If this works it'll be a lot easier than what Steve (cyanogen) did. :)

The camera issue is basically common to CM10.1 on every single Qualcomm MSM8960 and APQ8064 device that is currently shipping with 4.1 - The Nexus 4 Adreno (GPU) blobs were compiled against one version of gralloc_priv.h, the cam HALs in Android 4.1 of basically every Krait device were compiled against a different version. It turns out, though, that the specific fields the camera uses and those the Nexus GPU blobs care about don't overlap - and all of the other fields are only used in internal compiled code.

Specifically, cam cares about fd, size, and offset. Adreno blobs care about gpuaddr and maybe some other things - but not fd, size, or offset.

So we use a custom gralloc_priv.h header that reorders some elements, specifically moving bufferType (which is only used by compiled code and not by any of the blobs) previous to size/offset, so that size/offset are now 4 bytes down from where they were, matching the cam HAL but without moving gpuaddr and breaking the adreno blobs.

If this works, it's much easier than using IDA to hack Sony's cam blobs, asking Sony to recompile (I'm sure they would be willing to, but might encounter issues with laywers for Qcom-origin code...), or rebasing our kernel up to the latest CAF stuff so we can use QDevNet Adreno blobs (which won't be a magic bullet any more anyway...)