Changing lcd density (DPI) problem

Search This thread

Xaeons

Aug 27, 2010
Manila, PH
i actually did that before and for some reason that app replaced the complete content of my build.prop with just the line for lcd density, resulting in the phone not booting. i have now added this line manually to my build.prop and the problems seem to be gone. thank you!

Code:
ro.sf.lcd_density=XXX

Did this and it's fixed my problem with Viber pictures (profile pics and sent pics)

Thanks XDA!

Garclancy

Dec 24, 2016
Hi All,
I have a strange issue with the DPI and cannot get it resolved. I was able to change the DPI on my opo and must have changed it on my op3 but cannot change it now.
It's at 420 according to Le DPI changer app.
I change it to 480 and press set or edit build.prop and it does not change.
I have manually inserted the lines
qemu.sf.lcd_density=480
And
ro.sf.lcd_density=480
Into the build.prop in root/system together and separately.

I created the file local.prop under root/data and inserted the line
qemu.sf.lcd_density=480
And still no joy.

I have tried changing it using aroma debloater.
No idea how to sort this.
Reason I want to change is due to WhatsApp image issue and icons being a funny size.
I'm on oos 3.2.8 and not far off doing a factory reset.

Suggestions appreciated

Gar

JumboMan

Aug 3, 2013
Pink City
Hi All,
I have a strange issue with the DPI and cannot get it resolved. I was able to change the DPI on my opo and must have changed it on my op3 but cannot change it now.
It's at 420 according to Le DPI changer app.
I change it to 480 and press set or edit build.prop and it does not change.
I have manually inserted the lines
qemu.sf.lcd_density=480
And
ro.sf.lcd_density=480
Into the build.prop in root/system together and separately.

I created the file local.prop under root/data and inserted the line
qemu.sf.lcd_density=480
And still no joy.

I have tried changing it using aroma debloater.
No idea how to sort this.
Reason I want to change is due to WhatsApp image issue and icons being a funny size.
I'm on oos 3.2.8 and not far off doing a factory reset.

Suggestions appreciated

Gar

ro.sf.lcd_density is sufficient.
you can also try wm density 480

Garclancy

Dec 24, 2016
Got sorted doing the following

open terminal need root access
commands:

1. su
2. wm density 400 && reboot

DavidWolfen

Mar 26, 2014
Alcalá de Henares
Hi everyone! I just wanted to thank you, as this topic helped me fix the problem.
I had a Nexus 5 before and my Twitter app showed pictures distorted.
When I switched to OnePlus 3, this problem went on, but I had to add that OP3 wouldn't let me crop pictures on Instagram, WhatsApp, Telegram or any other app.
It was all fixed by adding "ro.sf.lcd_density=XXX" to my build.prop (400 in my case) and rebooting.
Thank you all! ;)

rezapatel

Nov 9, 2007
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
OnePlus 8T
Guys just trying my luck if someone has been able to resolve the issue with the status bar icons after a dpi change. I changed the dpi just fine by adding the lcd line to build.prop but..the status bar seems to be leaving some blank space on the right (screen shot attached). Not sure if there's a solution to this! Thanks in advance!

07c6d78b0413791c3c4f649af3af0f7c.jpg

3b1fca58fb18d99826f186c021a64d33.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170101-200431.png
    178 bytes · Views: 239
  • Screenshot_20170101-200424.png
    178 bytes · Views: 238
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had the same issues, the DPI was good for the most part but was having the same problems in those apps. What I did was once my phone was rooted I used 'Le DPI Changer', pulled the slider over to 400dpi then pressed the 'EDIT BUILD.PROP' button and then restarted the phone using the restart button at the top right of le DPI Changer.

Don't use the 'Set DPI' button as that method will give you the same issues we've been facing. Now my OP3 runs at a gorgeous 400dpi with Novalauncher the way Android intended and it looks gorgeous. The reason I use Novalauncher is because it still let's you set the grid size on the desktop:silly::)

i actually did that before and for some reason that app replaced the complete content of my build.prop with just the line for lcd density, resulting in the phone not booting. i have now added this line manually to my build.prop and the problems seem to be gone. thank you!

Code:
    ro.sf.lcd_density=XXX
    i have set the dpi to 380 and have problems in the following apps:

twitter: pictures in tweets have corrupted thumbnails
    whatsapp: when you want to crop a picture, it is zoomed in very much and you cannot zoom out so you can only crop 10% of an image
    imgur: corrupted thumbnnails too
    music player (poweramp) cover art in player notification is zoomed

i think oxygen os handles dpi differently, as i couldnt even find dpi setting in build.prop

i hope someone can fix this bc i would like to stay on oxygen until cm ports etc have dash charging
    i tried to change dpi with ledpi and now my build.prop file is empty and broken. can someone upload build.prop from latest oxygen os please?

EDIT: default.prop in root can be used as a new build.prop in case u get the same problem as me, no need for upload
    Don't change DPI globally, that's problem-prone. Instead, install Xposed with module "App settings" and change DPI only for those apps where you want it. (Another advantage is that you even additionally have more flexible options, like changing text size or using the app's tablet UI etc.)
    How did you fix it? Cos I have the same issue with my images. Behaving weird on Twitter and Instagram for me.

My problem was different. My Phone was not booting up at all after I changed DPI using Le DPI app.

I had to go to recovery and replace build.prop file with the backup file Le DPI app had created.