[Q] New Gmail sounds notifications every time I get an email

Search This thread

t1.8matt

Jan 22, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA.
Hey guys, even though I have my Gmail notifications set as "sound only once", every time I get a new email it plays the notification sound. How can i shut that off?

Ryno77

Feb 13, 2012
I figured you meant something more complex than no notifications at all. I don't understand why you want to be notified of only one Gmail per day...... What's the point of being notified at all if it's only for one email? Is it a email from a certain sender that usually comes before the rest? I'm just curious.

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

t1.8matt

Jan 22, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA.
I figured you meant something more complex than no notifications at all. I don't understand why you want to be notified of only one Gmail per day...... What's the point of being notified at all if it's only for one email? Is it a email from a certain sender that usually comes before the rest? I'm just curious.

Not per day, if i get an email and don't check it, every time an email comes in after that it plays the notification sound every time. Like I get multiple emails in a row from XDA subscriptions, I don't want it to play the sound every time. Gmail has the option to notify once or for every email, I have it set as only once, but that doesn't work. That kind of explain it better?

DJB628

Jul 4, 2010
South Florida
It will notify once for that original email if you get another email from another person or a second post was made on Xda it will send another email and you will be notified again but for that email not the original one you got that you still didn't check. That is simply how it works

Sent From Galaxy Note II

t1.8matt

Jan 22, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA.
It will notify once for that original email if you get another email from another person or a second post was made on Xda it will send another email and you will be notified again but for that email not the original one you got that you still didn't check. That is simply how it works

Sent From Galaxy Note II

That's not how it worked on multiple Motorola phones before this one, my GNex, or my N5. Only this phone. I've been using Android for over 2 years since Gingerbread all the way to Kit Kat and never had this happen on any other phone. I'm just trying to figure out what it is about this phone that is causing it.

Ryno77

Feb 13, 2012
Not per day, if i get an email and don't check it, every time an email comes in after that it plays the notification sound every time. Like I get multiple emails in a row from XDA subscriptions, I don't want it to play the sound every time. Gmail has the option to notify once or for every email, I have it set as only once, but that doesn't work. That kind of explain it better?

I got it now. What's weird is you quoted me and I got a new email because of that but did not get a notification..... Which is what you want. It appears to be working the way you want for me but not for you. Have no idea why that would be. My guess is it's something with your account and not the phone itself.

t1.8matt

Jan 22, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA.
I got it now. What's weird is you quoted me and I got a new email because of that but did not get a notification..... Which is what you want. It appears to be working the way you want for me but not for you. Have no idea why that would be. My guess is it's something with your account and not the phone itself.

Haha, at least you know what I mean. I dunno, only thing I can think of to do is try another stock rom like Eclipse and see what it does.