[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP for Galaxy S10e/S10/S10+

Search This thread

geiti94

Mar 18, 2009
Zürich
Team Win Recovery Project 3.3.1

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.maketecheasier.com%2Fassets%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F01%2Ftwrp-featured.jpg

Exynos ONLY.
In NO way it is compatible with Snapdragon variants including but not limited to American(U/A/T/P/V), Chinese(0/8/6), Hong Kong(0), Japanese(SC-*), Canadian(W) variants.

Special Notes:
1. DON'T FORGET TO ENABLE "OEM UNLOCK" (located in Developers options).
2. KNOX will be tripped once you flashed custom binaries to your phone.
(Your warranty may be voided. However this may not affect you if your country forces Samsung to provide hardware warranty regardless of software status.)
3. Samsung Firmware OTA (aka System Updates) will no longer work once you flashed custom binaries.
(You can flash custom ROMs if you want to keep the OS up-to-date.)
4. All apps that use KNOX like Samsung pay, Secure Folder and maybe more will no more work

Download: S10(Exynos variants - G970/973/975/F/N)
Download

Sources:
TWRP Tree and kernel source

Changelog:
- Updated TWRP for Android 10.0
- From now on no more Magisk Prepatched images (if you need it patch it byself or flash my kernel where patched recovery is not needed)

-Updated TWRP Kernel to Full ASIG Base
-Dex On PC will now work

-Updated TWRP for boot on ASIG Bootloader and for not Break Camera on ASIG
-Dex On PC will not work for the moment but i will fix that soon
-Use ASIG TWRP Builds only when you are on a ASIG rom :)

-Reverted MTP Changes from last build since for some mtp dont worked in system

- Fixed the bug that mtp dont worked anymore on TWRP when usb cable got disconnected and reconnected
- Modded Kernel for have MTP in TWRP, Samsung Roms and GSI roms (for GSI Roms flash GSI_MTP_ENABLER.zip)
- Reverted FFS MTP changes since new way is more stable :)
- Fixed format data issue (was my fault)

- Rebased Kernel to ASH6 base
- Added Busybox to twrp because enought devs asked me that since toybox is too limited
- Fixed all Bugs from initial release
- Fixed MTP using FFS_MTP in recovery (Thx to @bigbiff for add FFS MTP support on TWRP 3.3.0. FFS_MTP dont corrupts large files like the mtp used by samsung in the roms)

- Initial Release

Bugs:
-No one

Telegram Group
https://t.me/twrp_n10

Note that after flashing this twrp other build not made by me will have lockscreen unlock issues :)

XDA:DevDB Information
[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL][ASIG] TWRP for Galaxy S10e/S10/S10+, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy S10

Contributors
geiti94
Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 4.0
Stable Release Date: 2019-09-23

Created 2019-04-07
Last Updated 2019-12-15

geiti94

Mar 18, 2009
Zürich
Installation Guide

Guide:
  1. Go to Developer settings and enable oem unlock
  2. power off the device and boot in download mode with power + vol down buttons and plug in the usb (make sure usb cable is connected to the pc)
  3. in download mode you see the long press vol up option for unlock bl
  4. unlock the bootloader (that will wipe your device so be sure you made a backup of your data)
  5. after bootloader unlock boot up the phone and make sure it is connected to the internet or he triggers rmm prenormal
  6. setup the phone without google account etc
  7. reboot in download mode and flash twrp tar for your device with odin in the AP field (if you want to patch twrp byself patch the downloaded tar in magisk manager. patched tar is in downloads folder after patch)
  8. hold vol up + power button while odin is flashing until you are in twrp.
  9. format data in twrp
  10. flash the disabler that is on TWRP download link
  11. flash my kernel avaiable here
  12. press reboot to system in twrp.

Last edited:

saxena1

Sep 24, 2010
help cannot bootphone into twrp or downlodmode tried three button combination no sucssees only phone blinks in coution messege

Ndaoud360

Oct 19, 2009
In the OP, it says ASC firmware base. Does that mean it only works on devices with ASC firmware base? If so how do I check that?

palamosteliaro

Jan 14, 2009
Step 9. hold vol up+ bixby+power until you are twrp, doesnt work for me. I have tried holding the buttons for more than 1 minute, holding vol up + bixby plugging usb, holding vol up and bixby only, it just stays on download mode. I can only press vol down + power to reboot, and I cant boot to system or recovery after that, I have to flash stock with odin and start over.

Any ideas?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.3.1

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.maketecheasier.com%2Fassets%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F01%2Ftwrp-featured.jpg

Exynos ONLY.
    In NO way it is compatible with Snapdragon variants including but not limited to American(U/A/T/P/V), Chinese(0/8/6), Hong Kong(0), Japanese(SC-*), Canadian(W) variants.

Special Notes:
    1. DON'T FORGET TO ENABLE "OEM UNLOCK" (located in Developers options).
    2. KNOX will be tripped once you flashed custom binaries to your phone.
    (Your warranty may be voided. However this may not affect you if your country forces Samsung to provide hardware warranty regardless of software status.)
    3. Samsung Firmware OTA (aka System Updates) will no longer work once you flashed custom binaries.
    (You can flash custom ROMs if you want to keep the OS up-to-date.)
    4. All apps that use KNOX like Samsung pay, Secure Folder and maybe more will no more work

Download: S10(Exynos variants - G970/973/975/F/N)
    Download

Sources:
    TWRP Tree and kernel source

Changelog:
    - Updated TWRP for Android 10.0
    - From now on no more Magisk Prepatched images (if you need it patch it byself or flash my kernel where patched recovery is not needed)

-Updated TWRP Kernel to Full ASIG Base
    -Dex On PC will now work

-Updated TWRP for boot on ASIG Bootloader and for not Break Camera on ASIG
    -Dex On PC will not work for the moment but i will fix that soon
    -Use ASIG TWRP Builds only when you are on a ASIG rom :)

-Reverted MTP Changes from last build since for some mtp dont worked in system

- Fixed the bug that mtp dont worked anymore on TWRP when usb cable got disconnected and reconnected
    - Modded Kernel for have MTP in TWRP, Samsung Roms and GSI roms (for GSI Roms flash GSI_MTP_ENABLER.zip)
    - Reverted FFS MTP changes since new way is more stable :)
    - Fixed format data issue (was my fault)

- Rebased Kernel to ASH6 base
    - Added Busybox to twrp because enought devs asked me that since toybox is too limited
    - Fixed all Bugs from initial release
    - Fixed MTP using FFS_MTP in recovery (Thx to @bigbiff for add FFS MTP support on TWRP 3.3.0. FFS_MTP dont corrupts large files like the mtp used by samsung in the roms)

- Initial Release

Bugs:
    -No one

Telegram Group
    https://t.me/twrp_n10

Note that after flashing this twrp other build not made by me will have lockscreen unlock issues :)

XDA:DevDB Information
    [RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL][ASIG] TWRP for Galaxy S10e/S10/S10+, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy S10

Contributors
    geiti94
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 4.0
    Stable Release Date: 2019-09-23

Created 2019-04-07
    Last Updated 2019-12-15
    you want to know why? who was the idiot that made the tree? was me and then comes the one guy takes it and send it to twrp and get official mantainer?! on unofficial builds i dont have any problems but take my tree and then send it as own one to the twrp site and get reconized as only "dev" that created the twrp tree is wrong. he dont needed to do other than take the tree add 2 fixes and compile 1x nothing more. but hey is now no more my problem he can now fix all other bugs that are caused by his twrp. i dont say now wich one all will find it byself since i use now my own one with encryption, ota support and with enginering bootloader so i have magisk in boot.img and the other no more my problem now since now he is the mantainer. so who wants encryption in twrp should ask ian for add it and not me

This will be my one and only public statement on this matter, no matter what is said by whomsoever hereafter.

I thank @tiho5 for speaking up in my defence earlier today, but he goes too far in graciously trying to accept blame for the situation that has now arisen. He is not culpable in any way. Whether or not I have committed any wrongdoing, however, is subjective. My own opinion scarcely matters, so I'll happily delegate the ultimate verdict to the reader's good judgement.

To summarise, Geiti released badly broken builds of TWRP for the S10 series into the user community on 8th April. I don't think I'm being uncharitable in characterising the release in this way and I challenge anyone to accurately frame it otherwise. The net result of the existence of these builds in the wild was that users were unable to turn off their device without consequently rendering it unbootable. There were other issues with the builds, too, but this one defect was so severe that it hardly seems worth mentioning the others in the context of this statement. I would argue that having to wait a little longer for a stable release would have been far preferable to the premature appearance of such a badly broken one, but this how it came to pass and that's what we had to work with.

After releasing his builds, Geiti was conspicuously absent from (t)his thread. As the days wore on, users became understandably frustrated with the poor state of the software. In private, Geiti assured me that a fixed release would follow in due course. I pressed him on this several times as user frustration continued to mount, but his answer was consistent: "It's coming." I passed these assurances along to users in good faith. At first, they provided some relief, but as the days rolled by and no fixed builds materialised, users began to wonder aloud whether they had been abandoned.

From my conversations with Geiti, I had come to understand why his TWRP release rendered devices unbootable after shutdown. My own device did not exhibit this behaviour and Geiti, to his credit, had discovered why. Sadly, he subsequently did nothing with this valuable information.

When one releases software into a community, one accepts an implicit burden of responsibility to provide a minimum standard of quality and reliability. When one fails to meet that standard, there exists a further burden of responsibility to rectify that situation as soon as possible. Although I felt that these responsibilities were being brazenly shirked, there was little I could do. It was Geiti's project and the responsibility for maintaining it lay with him alone. As tortuous as it was for me to stand idly by and watch users flounder, while my own device continued to work perfectly and with the knowledge of how to fix theirs, that's exactly what I did for close to two weeks. I believed that Geiti would swoop in at any moment to provide the much needed relief that his users were crying out for. I posted in this thread on the cause of the problem and its solution, but there was no-one to stand up and implement it.

By this point, the number of users privately contacting me to ask me to help fix TWRP was growing beyond my capacity and desire to manage. I answered questions when able and shared a few fixed images via private channels, but I was vocally reluctant to risk treading on Geiti's toes by publicly distributing work that was clearly within his remit.

Eventually, I relented. I came to the conclusion that it was vastly more important to have the fixed builds available than to waste yet more time pondering the political correctness of extending a helping hand. So, I posted an announcement containing links to fixed builds here in this thread. In doing so, I hoped to dispel frustration and relieve the pressure on both Geiti and myself. It didn't matter who had actually produced the new builds: their appearance was a win for everyone.

The beneficial effect of this course of action was immediately apparent. Users were exuberant at having regained control of their devices.

Days went by with still with no response from Geiti on these recent developments.

Recognising that I had now created my own burden of maintenance with regard to these forked builds, I started a new thread in which to support them. The OP of this new thread thanked Geiti and credited him for all of his work. New builds were issued to fix some outstanding issues and updated device trees were published on GitHub with the full commit history intact, including all of Geiti's prior work.
    Stable TWRP builds had been such a long time coming that development for the S10 series had been unusually slow to get off the ground and had arguably stagnated. Indeed, these popular devices were already being proclaimed dead in the water in some quarters. It occurred to me that it might send a strong, positive signal to the development community if these latest builds could be used to procure officially supported TWRP status for these devices. Such a move might provide the necessary impetus to kickstart broad development for these devices.

So I started to pursue the goal of official supported status. After several days of intermittent work, I finally submitted the S10+ build for approval. It was accepted soon thereafter. I awoke the next day to discover that Geiti had returned, was extremely indignant, and felt strongly that I had misappropriated his work and passed it off as my own.

From my own perspective, nothing could be further from the truth. I neither wanted this project nor pursued it, and actually made a concerted effort to defer becoming involved in it until users were literally pleading with me to intervene. I reluctantly acceded to the pleas for help, but once the commitment had been made, I resolved to do the best job I could.

It seems that Geiti is most upset about my decision to seek officially supported status for these devices with the TWRP team. The suggestion is that he has thereby been deprived of credit for his work, despite the fact that I have extensively credited him and retained intact the history of the various repositories. This history makes it perfectly clear who has done which work on the project.

It's perhaps also worth noting that the three device trees were in no fit state to be submitted for official status at the time I inherited them. Building usable TWRP images from these trees required a number of manual post-compilation steps. As such, the builds were not reproducible within the framework of TWRP and would not have been eligible for official status. That's work that I did, alongside a number of material enhancements, all of which can be perused in the git history. Any suggestion that I took the device trees as is and simply submitted them in that state to the TWRP team in pursuit of some faint whiff of geek glory is ludicrous.

Geiti created this project, and all credit to him for doing so, but he quickly abandoned his users and left them stranded. He didn't once return to the project until he sensed there was some measure of credit to be claimed. And now, he's gleefully detailing all of the fixes and enhancements he intends to spitefully deprive the user community of, simply because he's angry about the actions of a single individual: me. I ask you: Are those the actions of someone with the user community's best interests at heart?

And my crime? That I stepped in to resuscitate the project after its creator had bailed on it, leaving users high and dry. Well, my conscience is clear. I acted honourably and with the best of intentions. I just want the work to get done. I couldn't care less about credit.

No good deed goes unpunished, they say. This experience seems to bear that out.
    Installation Guide

Guide:
    1. Go to Developer settings and enable oem unlock
    2. power off the device and boot in download mode with power + vol down buttons and plug in the usb (make sure usb cable is connected to the pc)
    3. in download mode you see the long press vol up option for unlock bl
    4. unlock the bootloader (that will wipe your device so be sure you made a backup of your data)
    5. after bootloader unlock boot up the phone and make sure it is connected to the internet or he triggers rmm prenormal
    6. setup the phone without google account etc
    7. reboot in download mode and flash twrp tar for your device with odin in the AP field (if you want to patch twrp byself patch the downloaded tar in magisk manager. patched tar is in downloads folder after patch)
    8. hold vol up + power button while odin is flashing until you are in twrp.
    9. format data in twrp
    10. flash the disabler that is on TWRP download link
    11. flash my kernel avaiable here
    12. press reboot to system in twrp.
    New TWRP 3.3.0-0 images for the G970F, G973F and G975F.

Since TWRP first appeared for the S10 range of devices, it's been clear that there were some major issues with these initial builds.

Many users have been understandably frustrated at losing the ability to boot their device after shutting it down, and at being unable to update Magisk after installing TWRP.

A number of users have taken to contacting me privately for support. I have answered their questions and even shared fixed images in a few cases, but the number of support requests is rising daily and I cannot keep pace with the demand. One-to-one communication is not a scaleable solution. For one thing, I am travelling for the next two weeks and my time on-line is and will continue to be very limited.

Given that the OP has evidently been unable to offer fixed TWRP images in a timely fashion, I am taking the liberty of doing so myself as a service to the community. No disrespect is intended towards the OP. Credit goes to him for performing all of the time-consuming initial legwork and releasing the first builds, but I believe the time to provide users with proper, working images is long overdue. Who actually releases those images is of much lesser significance. The only thing that matters is that they are made available.

Please note that these new images are not supplied pre-rooted with Magisk. Whilst it would be trivial for me to offer them in this way, this form of binary distribution of Magisk is against the express wishes of Magisk's developer, John Wu.

To root these images yourself, simply use Magisk Manager to Select and Patch a File. Provide your newly downloaded TWRP recovery image file as the destination and then flash the resulting image file to your device's recovery partition.

The following new TWRP builds are provided:

S10e (G970F): twrp-3.3.0-g970f-asca.img
    S10 (G973F): twrp-3.3.0-g973f-asca.img
    S10+ (G975F): twrp-3.3.0-g975f-asca.img

These builds feature the latest TWRP 3.3.0-0 and a custom 4.14.85 kernel running in SELinux enforcing mode. The kernel has deliberately been kept as close to stock as possible in order to provide maximum compatibility with both Magisk-rooted Android and TWRP, since both environments share a single kernel on the S10 range of devices.

The builds are known to work as intended on ASCA and ASD5 firmware. You will be able to power off your device without negative consequence, and to update Magisk directly from Magisk Manager, as you are used to on other devices.

Don't forget to disable encryption after flashing TWRP or you won't be able to do much in recovery. Flash the multidisabler as soon as you have installed TWRP.
    so new builds for ASIG rom are uploaded :)

NOTE: Dex On PC will not work for the moment but i will fix it soon (need only to find the right hex edit with ida) :) so you can allready update to new roms without wait for weeks that samsung release ASIG sources :)

ASIG Camera features etc all works and boots on ASIG bootloader too not like other twrp or my old one :)