The Official "Get Something Off Your Chest" Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

WookieFan

Nov 21, 2010
NYC area
eh i haven't even been that mad lately.

just stupid things people do that apple's marketing put in their brain is waht pisses me off.

customer walks in...."hey, oh cool is this one of those ipads??"

me: "no..that's the samsung galaxy tab android tablet."
customer: "oh. so it's not an ipad?"
me: "...no."
customer: "oh. hey is this the ipad?"
me: "no..that's a motorola xoom.."
customer: "oh. so anyway, i think i want one of those 'iphones'"

ugh. then, since clearly they don't really know much about technology, i end up telling them about android, how IMO it's just hands down better, and in the end they end up buying an android and love it. i spend a lot of time talking to these people, and idk if i enjoy it or not. lol

Thanks for being an android advocate anyway. I didn't even know you could convince i-idiots that there are good non-Apple devices. My wife will never step away from iOS...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

WookieFan

Nov 21, 2010
NYC area
And wtf is up with all the little useless pillows women feel the need to have on the bed? I wouldn't even make my bed if my wife didn't make me

a bad seed

Yeah those pregnancy body pillows disturb me even more. Anyone else's wife insist on having one of those? It was like there was another man in the bed for six months...

nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
San Antonio
This economy has gone to ****. I can't even get a side job working at a fast food place while going you school. And the possibility of getting an entry level job with just a bachelor's is pretty much non-existent. Gotta have at least a master's, and even then people are still having issues finding something.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

Yeah, degree inflation is getting bad. My wife's company just hired a receptionist with a masters degree. She was working retail. Had degree for 5 years.
They want everyone in health care now to get masters and phd but don't want to give us any more money...

graymonkey44

Nov 12, 2011
New York
I'm mad at myself right now. I'm sitting on the toilet taking a dump, damn you chipotle! I've got to drive to my test in an hour and I'm gonna be cutting it close!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

jayochs

Jul 22, 2010
Central NJ
www.dinosaurstakefrance.com
Thanks for being an android advocate anyway. I didn't even know you could convince i-idiots that there are good non-Apple devices. My wife will never step away from iOS...

It's all I do. I personally think android is better, so every customer that walks in and wants help making a decision hears my opinion. :)

Sent from my 4G LTE HTC Rezound

emarietta

Oct 30, 2010
central ohio
It's all I do. I personally think android is better, so every customer that walks in and wants help making a decision hears my opinion. :)

Sent from my 4G LTE HTC Rezound
I agree that android is better , but for tablets you can't get any better than the iPad. I'm not an apple guy I hate the iPhone but the iPad is awesome

Sent from my tits using tapatalk 2

racinwarrior

Aug 12, 2010
I agree that android is better , but for tablets you can't get any better than the iPad. I'm not an apple guy I hate the iPhone but the iPad is awesome

Sent from my tits using tapatalk 2

its the same thing only bigger.......

its like saying you hate the quarter pounder, but love the big mac???

CharliesTheMan

Subject 1

It kinda gets to me sometimes when I work 60 or 70 hours a week in order to float my business through this economy and get paychecks to the guys who have sacrificed for me putting in long hours or working hard even when they're exhausted, and I'm classified as a spoiled brat strictly because I'm a small business owner at age 26. People who are running businesses in the current economy know what I'm talking about, even if I had grown up as a wealthy Rockefeller and had a silver spoon, it would have been pawned or sold at auction a year ago to make payroll.

Subject 2
This whole pop culture phenomenon know as a bad case of entitlement. This isn't specific to a hobby or social class or economic status, it seems to be very far reaching. I'm speaking way more of real world situations but to make an easy analogy, it's like the person who decides to s off their device. They decide 5 minutes is entirely too long to wait because they are better than that. So they try to make a shortcut using two wires and some jumper cables. They brick the phone, take it to verizon and warranty it, write a letter to Verizon, every forum, the mayor, and the United Nations that their phone broke because it was obviously cheap crap with a flaw, and then they complain that Verizon only gave them one free extended battery instead of two.

This whole issue of entitlement is part of the reason that we live in a very selfish, unappreciative society in my opinion.

Of course, this chronic entitlement problem is a rare social disease. IMO the majority of people today are humble, appreciative, and hard working. It's only a small percentage of the very self centered that suffer the symptoms, but because of those people, all of the positive is often overlooked and the bad seeds really stand out (no relation to bad seed customs, they did not endorse nor cause this opinion I have.)

Subject 3
It really gets to me when a partner or spouse is upfront about what addictions or faults they may have such as being a gadget geek or a flashaholic, prior to establishing a relationship, and then said partner gets very angry and jealous that the other person buys or gets a new mobile device every six months or enjoys tweaking a working phone just because they can. I'm not speaking of causing financial problems etc, just of those people whose spouse constantly puts them down or picks fights because they are a nerd who enjoys technology. If you give a full disclaimer ahead of time, and they wish to become involved in a relationship, they have NO right to complain because person A spends two hours of their free time reading geek threads.

If you don't work and lay on the couch burping and farting, your spouse is the bread winner and can't get you to take the trash out once a month, and you use their hard earned money to buy a new device every other month, they have every right to unbox a new phone and shut it up your ass, maybe even twice. If they still stick around after that though it's their own damn fault.

Reactions: nrfitchett4

jayochs

Jul 22, 2010
Central NJ
Subject 1

It kinda gets to me sometimes when I work 60 or 70 hours a week in order to float my business through this economy and get paychecks to the guys who have sacrificed for me putting in long hours or working hard even when they're exhausted, and I'm classified as a spoiled brat strictly because I'm a small business owner at age 26. People who are running businesses in the current economy know what I'm talking about, even if I had grown up as a wealthy Rockefeller and had a silver spoon, it would have been pawned or sold at auction a year ago to make payroll.

hah, my boss is 27 and he owns our store..started when he was 25. i've never thought of anyone thinking he was a spoiled brat for it, but i guess people ARE idiots, so they would have a stupid mindset

racinwarrior

Aug 12, 2010
Subject 1

Subject 2
This whole pop culture phenomenon know as a bad case of entitlement. This isn't specific to a hobby or social class or economic status, it seems to be very far reaching. I'm speaking way more of real world situations but to make an easy analogy, it's like the person who decides to s off their device. They decide 5 minutes is entirely too long to wait because they are better than that. So they try to make a shortcut using two wires and some jumper cables. They brick the phone, take it to verizon and warranty it, write a letter to Verizon, every forum, the mayor, and the United Nations that their phone broke because it was obviously cheap crap with a flaw, and then they complain that Verizon only gave them one free extended battery instead of two.

This whole issue of entitlement is part of the reason that we live in a very selfish, unappreciative society in my opinion.

Of course, this chronic entitlement problem is a rare social disease. IMO the majority of people today are humble, appreciative, and hard working. It's only a small percentage of the very self centered that suffer the symptoms, but because of those people, all of the positive is often overlooked and the bad seeds really stand out (no relation to bad seed customs, they did not endorse nor cause this opinion I have.)

Subject 3
It really gets to me when a partner or spouse is upfront about what addictions or faults they may have such as being a gadget geek or a flashaholic, prior to establishing a relationship, and then said partner gets very angry and jealous that the other person buys or gets a new mobile device every six months or enjoys tweaking a working phone just because they can. I'm not speaking of causing financial problems etc, just of those people whose spouse constantly puts them down or picks fights because they are a nerd who enjoys technology. If you give a full disclaimer ahead of time, and they wish to become involved in a relationship, they have NO right to complain because person A spends two hours of their free time reading geek threads.

If you don't work and lay on the couch burping and farting, your spouse is the bread winner and can't get you to take the trash out once a month, and you use their hard earned money to buy a new device every other month, they have every right to unbox a new phone and shut it up your ass, maybe even twice. If they still stick around after that though it's their own damn fault.

i wish i could add something to this post, but i cant, its perfect.

Khayos

Jul 8, 2011
GA
Go to your local gun range, relieves all the tension, from all the idiots in the world.

MrSmith317

Jun 18, 2010
Philadelphia
Go to your local gun range, relieves all the tension, from all the idiots in the world.

Only if said idiots are "changing the targets"

Great thread Gray, I think it may actually help if people just have a place to spew. So the only thing I want to get off my chest is this:

Everyone has an opinion, good bad or indifferent. My opinion is just that and voicing it should never bear direct scrutiny. Were it a duel of facts then of course I'd want to be corrected, but someone telling me that I'm wrong for thinking/believing the way I do needs to take a good hard look in the mirror or just flat out STFU. I'm old enough(from the sound of it older than a lot of you) to make up my own mind, and it's done me well for quite some time. I don't need to fit in, I don't need other people pushing their views on me(and yes I know this is how our world works), I don't need anyone else's drama.

Reactions: racinwarrior

graymonkey44

Nov 12, 2011
New York
Guess I need to vent a little. I don't understand how drug addiction consumes people's lives. The only drug I've used is marijuana on rare occasions. And I consume alcohol maybe once or twice a month: and yes alcohol is a drug. But I digress... the point I'm trying to make is about my brother.

He suffers a chronic illness known as crohn's disease. It affects your intestines and you have to stick to a very diligent diet or else you will be in pain. Honestly, my family and I had no idea about it because he never gave any indication that he was in pain, but I guess the pain can get very bad. So he smokes weed to alleviate some of the symptoms. Also he was adopted, both his parents were in drug rehab and my dad decided to take him when he was born. I honestly think that there is a genetic predisposition to drug-dependency. I know he's tried other drugs like shrooms, acid, cocaine, prescription drugs; and I'm sure much more.

It's really hurting my whole family, especially my dad. I just don't know what to do anymore. He lives on his own and I have a sneaking suspicion is stealing from me. I live at home with my dad as I commute to school and two times my car has been broken into. The kicker is that I have keyless entry and an alarm system. There was no sign of forced entry, nothing broken. The only way someone would have been able to get in is with the keys and I usually leave them downstairs while I sleep. My brother also has a key to the house so it's possible he could have went into the house and took my keys, took stuff out of my car, then put the keys back. It kills me to think it, but it's honestly the only explination I can think of.

What was stolen was my 300 dollar radar detector, $300 gps, beats headphones, bunch of change, and a baton I kept in the door. I don't know how to confront him about it and I really don't want to because I'd feel awful if it weren't true. I have no idea what to do about it. I honestly don't trust him anymore, though, and it really bothers me that I feel this way. I don't want to sound like a selfish, materialistic ass, but it bothers me that my car got stolen the way it did.

At least if someone smashed in the windows or something I'd know how, but not knowing how the person got in is really the thing that bothers me the most. Doesn't make me feel safe.

jayochs

Jul 22, 2010
Central NJ
Guess I need to vent a little. I don't understand how drug addiction consumes people's lives. The only drug I've used is marijuana on rare occasions. And I consume alcohol maybe once or twice a month: and yes alcohol is a drug. But I digress... the point I'm trying to make is about my brother.

He suffers a chronic illness known as crohn's disease. It affects your intestines and you have to stick to a very diligent diet or else you will be in pain. Honestly, my family and I had no idea about it because he never gave any indication that he was in pain, but I guess the pain can get very bad. So he smokes weed to alleviate some of the symptoms. Also he was adopted, both his parents were in drug rehab and my dad decided to take him when he was born. I honestly think that there is a genetic predisposition to drug-dependency. I know he's tried other drugs like shrooms, acid, cocaine, prescription drugs; and I'm sure much more.

It's really hurting my whole family, especially my dad. I just don't know what to do anymore. He lives on his own and I have a sneaking suspicion is stealing from me. I live at home with my dad as I commute to school and two times my car has been broken into. The kicker is that I have keyless entry and an alarm system. There was no sign of forced entry, nothing broken. The only way someone would have been able to get in is with the keys and I usually leave them downstairs while I sleep. My brother also has a key to the house so it's possible he could have went into the house and took my keys, took stuff out of my car, then put the keys back. It kills me to think it, but it's honestly the only explination I can think of.

What was stolen was my 300 dollar radar detector, $300 gps, beats headphones, bunch of change, and a baton I kept in the door. I don't know how to confront him about it and I really don't want to because I'd feel awful if it weren't true. I have no idea what to do about it. I honestly don't trust him anymore, though, and it really bothers me that I feel this way. I don't want to sound like a selfish, materialistic ass, but it bothers me that my car got stolen the way it did.

At least if someone smashed in the windows or something I'd know how, but not knowing how the person got in is really the thing that bothers me the most. Doesn't make me feel safe.

that's ****ty man. start keeping your stuff more under watch (like keep keys in your room)..or maybe set up traps so you can catch him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Note to Mods: If this is completely against the rules feel free to close. I apologize for wasting space and completely understand.

With that being said, I have noticed a lot of hate and off topics posts going a lot in this community: especially in the development thread. Why guys? It's getting to the point where we are pushing away really great developers. Here's a couple rules that I'd like to share.

2.3 Flaming:
    XDA was founded as a group of people sharing information about certain mobile phones. Sharing does not involve virtual yelling (flaming) it does involve working together to solve problems in an environment of mutual respect and understanding. Losing your temper and flaming another member, or group of members, is not acceptable behavior.

2.4 Personal attacks, racial, political and/or religious discussions:
    XDA is a discussion forum about certain mobile phones. Mobile phones are not racial, political, religious or personally offensive, therefore none of these types of discussions are permitted on XDA.

We should be trying to help eachother.... Oh yeah that's another rule...

10. Help others if you can.
    If you see posts from others where you can help out, please do. This place exists because people are helping each other, and even if you are relatively new to the matter, there's probably already quite a few people newer than you that would benefit from what you've learned. Don't be shy.

I understand people all have their personal issues and this can impact their posts. I'm not going to say I'm above it because I've gotten into some heated discussions, too. If you have to let some steam off--let it off in here. I think it will make everyone feel a little better and relieve some hate off other threads.

For example: I was at school the other day and I accidentally sh*t my pants... it was sooo embarassing!!!!!!

or maybe:

My girlfriend cheated on me when she went on summer vacation to cancun!

Those were just examples though... they definitely never happened to me personally or anything.

Disclaimer: Please DO NOT use this thread to start a flame war with other members on xda! This is just meant to get something off your chest and hopefully make you feel a little better. I know it works for me. If you have any issues with a member DON'T POST IT IN HERE!

Forgive me if I wasn't clear before, but this thread is meant to VENT YOUR FRUSTRATIONS! It can be in regards to anything, no matter how immature or stupid it sounds. If another member has an issue with that post, unless it's a personal attack (which I've already stated should not be posted in this thread), please just bite your tongue and let the poster let some stress out. This isn't meant to be a highly intensive, thought provoking thread. This was just meant for personal issues; seems like if it has anything remotely to do with phones people will relate it to xda and take offense.

And again... if Mods feel like this isn't a good idea then I will understand.
    Well said man! While we are on a roll; it really irks me when people get short with the devs for not delivering a release or fix in a timely fashion. These guys have jobs school and family's and still manage to turn out amazing works that they may or may not receive monetary compensation for. Be gracious and grateful to these guys or learn to do it yourself!
    Thanks

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium
    I had posted this in Android general a few days ago when I was raging. But this seems like the perfect sport for it also. Maybe it'll make people think twice before they pick the easy option of pirating an app.

I'm a fairly active developer for the android platform. I've created a number of kernel patches and applications that I have released at no charge to the community for about 10 or so devices.

All this I do in my "spare time", which I have very little of because I am a full time professional student who takes on 32 credit hour semesters.

Recently, since my 1994 geo prizm is literally falling apart and I was hoping to scrounge together a little bit of money to get a new car so I don't end up stranded on my way to class, I decided to release a paid application. Fastcharge / Force AC toggle which allows you to toggle on and off the force AC feature. A feature which I have personally implemented and released source patches for on a number of devices.

Not only in every thread where I released the patch on a device did I write up how to toggle the feature through the command line, but I also stated that I also implemented a toggle into my completely free application that you can also download from the market, IncrediControl.

In good faith and knowing how annoying licensing is, I elected to not include licensing in my application. This is a huge regret.

Within a couple days of releasing the application to the market I googled it to see if anyone was talking about it. One of the first links was to a piracy site where a user was requesting the widget, to which another user obliged and posted the apk to a filesharing site. Doing something I never though I would have to do, I filed a DMCA takedown request, which was answered quickly and the app was taken down. Monitoring the thread, every single time a link gets taken down, another user requests the app and the original user reuploads it, most recently to 11 different sites.

So now, after filing dozens of takedown requests. This user has decided to unzip my apk, change out the artwork, and now is going around releasing it as his own work.

Really, all this to avoid paying $1.50 (only ~$1 of it actually going to me) to an individual whose yearly income is low enough that he doesn't have to file taxes?

This disgusts me.

This is even worse than the 50% "order cancellation rate" that the widget has. I'm not stupid, I know exactly what users are doing, but yet initially I was willing to ignore it. But this has gone too far.

What is even the point of pissing off a developer so much that he is considering saying screw the platform all together? It doesn't even make sense. We, the developers improve your devices, generally at little or no cost, and this is how we're repaid. With ~50% of current users of the application having pirated it. To avoid paying just over $1.

Now before someone even counters with the "my area doesn't support paid applications" argument I've actually gladly GIVEN the widget away to a number of users who casually mentioned in the release threads that they couldn't download it for this reason. Not to mention, everyone knows there are apps that unlock the market in these areas to be able to purchase apps.

How much more generous can a developer be than to provide source code patches for a feature, provide information on how to toggle the feature, provide a COMPLETELY FREE way to toggle the feature, and then charge a measly $1.50 for a secondary, slightly more convenient way to toggle.

Yet he's repaid like this :rolleyes:.
    Thread closed temporarily while I clean out the crap...be back open in 5 minutes.

Thread cleaned - one troll banned for a while. Let's keep the thread clean now eh ;)
    Thread closed temporarily while I clean out the crap...be back open in 5 minutes.