4.2 emoji keyboard

Search This thread

crazexr7

Mar 5, 2011
Do people read? Lol. A guy posted the link to it. Craze I think. Just download the TW version and you're good to go.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Thanks man I got it working!

Just a heads up to anyone reading this. You CAN use emoji keyboard with your stock keyboard or swiftkey, what ever.

To use it:

Click on a text box like you usually do to type something. In your notification drawer there will be a notification for input selection.

Click on it, and select Emoji Keyboard.

From there it pops up and enjoy!

It's now working on my device and I can use it wherever I want. Just tested it out on instagram.

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

You can also set it to switch to the emoji keyboard by pressing the language button on the keyboard by:

Go to Language and Input

Select settings on Android Keyboard

Select Advanced Settings

Select Switch to other input methods

Do the same with emoji Keyboard

Enjoy!!

To get mine to work I also had to do the same to android aosp keyboard. But the language and input only takes me to emoji and not aosp keyboard. So I'm on 4.2 keyboard all the time until I press the Globe button then it brings me to Emoji, and when I press globe again it takes me back to 4.2 keyboard.

Hope this helps anyone. Thanks to the users above who outlined how to install the emoji keyboard. And my post in the second page brings you to the emoji zip! You download the "universal" flashable zip.

Peace out/ ✌

Last edited:
Reactions: LoGiK915

niteh@wk

Oct 14, 2011
Manually pushing the apk and lib files to system worked great! ??

S-beamed from my GSIII via xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355672560403.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355672560403.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 604
Last edited:

crazexr7

Mar 5, 2011
I'm pretty sure there is no tw version. Just push it manually like everyone else

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Slicktune

May 7, 2010
Do people read? Lol. A guy posted the link to it. Craze I think. Just download the TW version and you're good to go.

I couldnt find the link to the touchwiz version...just the universal...is that it?

Thanks in advance! :)

circuit.007

Mar 20, 2012
Yeah there's no tw version its universal. Just flash it if that doesn't work u have to manually push the files.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

LoGiK915

Nov 5, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa
Works great. Had to manually change permissions of the lib file. And rename Samsung keyboard apk to .bak for some reason samsung was default kB and I couldn't de-select it and was getting fc's(running wicked V3). Now 4.2 is default and switch to emoji kB and back with globe button(Thanks Crazexr7):thumbup:

niteh@wk

Oct 14, 2011
Works great. Had to manually change permissions of the lib file. And rename Samsung keyboard apk to .bak for some reason samsung was default kB and I couldn't de-select it and was getting fc's(running wicked V3). Now 4.2 is default and switch to emoji kB and back with globe button(Thanks Crazexr7):thumbup:

I used Rom Toolbox's App Manager to freeze Samsung Keyboard and Swype. I don't use those anyway (I'm using the 4.2 Google keyboard instead).

S-beamed from my GSIII via xda premium

dieg984

Nov 20, 2012
Try Kii Keyboard, you can install it from Play Store and has emojii support that works on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram,...
(I'm using a Galaxy S2).

Big-O-Devil

Jul 23, 2010
Miami
Working fine here on my end. Very nice too. I dig it.

For those of you having trouble flashing... just extract the two .apks from the zip with a file explorer, and also the lib file... we'll make this simple and I'll tell you just copy all files to the directories indicated below:

Copy the two apks to /system/app/ directory...

Now copy the lib file to /system/lib/ directory...

Reboot to recovery, wipe cache and dalvik cache, then fix permissions.

Success.

This worked great. thank you...:good::cowboy:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Working fine here on my end. Very nice too. I dig it.

For those of you having trouble flashing... just extract the two .apks from the zip with a file explorer, and also the lib file... we'll make this simple and I'll tell you just copy all files to the directories indicated below:

Copy the two apks to /system/app/ directory...

Now copy the lib file to /system/lib/ directory...

Reboot to recovery, wipe cache and dalvik cache, then fix permissions.

Success.
    I am still waiting for some one to point me towards the zip file

Thanks man I got it working!

Just a heads up to anyone reading this. You CAN use emoji keyboard with your stock keyboard or swiftkey, what ever.

To use it:

Click on a text box like you usually do to type something. In your notification drawer there will be a notification for input selection.

Click on it, and select Emoji Keyboard.

From there it pops up and enjoy!

It's now working on my device and I can use it wherever I want. Just tested it out on instagram.

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

You can also set it to switch to the emoji keyboard by pressing the language button on the keyboard by:

Go to Language and Input

Select settings on Android Keyboard

Select Advanced Settings

Select Switch to other input methods

Do the same with emoji Keyboard

Enjoy!!

To get mine to work I also had to do the same to android aosp keyboard. But the language and input only takes me to emoji and not aosp keyboard. So I'm on 4.2 keyboard all the time until I press the Globe button then it brings me to Emoji, and when I press globe again it takes me back to 4.2 keyboard.

Hope this helps anyone. Thanks to the users above who outlined how to install the emoji keyboard. And my post in the second page brings you to the emoji zip! You download the "universal" flashable zip.

Peace out/ ✌
    Where is the link to the TW version of the emoji keyboard?

I am looking for the same as well