Any way to force OTA?

Search This thread

rohan611

Feb 10, 2011
I'm on an AT&T D800 and I'm stuck on D80010o (4.2.2). I know there's a D80010q that I need to download before I get the KitKat update but nothing is showing up. I called customer service and they had no clue there was an update available. I was wondering if there was any way to force the OTA?

XERO_Racer

Sep 8, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
I'm on an AT&T D800 and I'm stuck on D80010o (4.2.2). I know there's a D80010q that I need to download before I get the KitKat update but nothing is showing up. I called customer service and they had no clue there was an update available. I was wondering if there was any way to force the OTA?

call again and talk to another rep, theyre playing stupid with you, tell them you found an official post by AT&T themselves about the update which is here if you need it for reference

http://blogs.att.net/consumerblog/story/a7794848

this method worked for me the first time, i was on the "o" update, after returning to stock, rep pushed "q" update then i told her "there was a 4.4 kitkat update for the G2" and nice of her she pushed the KK update to the phone as well, you gotta keep on top of things with them but this rep was straight forward and got me rolling in no time

Last edited:

rohan611

Feb 10, 2011
call again and talk to another rep, theyre playing stupid with you, tell them you found an official post by AT&T themselves about the update which is here if you need it for reference

this method worked for me the first time, i was on the "o" update, after returning to stock, rep pushed "q" update then i told her "there was a 4.4 kitkat update for the G2" and nice of her she pushed the KK update to the phone as well, you gotta keep on top of things with them but this rep was straight forward and got me rolling in no time

thanks! i did what you said and after a bit of digging, they were able to push me the updates.

Reactions: jbstutes

jpdidde13

Sep 17, 2012
Appleton
Yup I did it via their online chat instead of over phone went super fast

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

thanks! i did what you said and after a bit of digging, they were able to push me the updates.