worth choosing galaxy s4?

Search This thread

vklexer

Jun 4, 2012
hello guys, can you please help me decide?
would you choose galaxy s4 over nexus 5 16gb, g2 16gb or z1 compact if the price is the same for every phone?

thanks for your answers.

hajyihia

May 31, 2013
i would take g2 32 gb or s4 16 gb...i already have s4...its great but with some lags and delays...overall great device...

nikzDHD

Apr 2, 2011
London
Nexus 5 for native development will last longer. It will also feel smoother and faster due to running native AOSP. The S4 is a good phone if you want expandable storage, removable battery, IR support and such. I bought a N5 and returned it as my S4 offers me the mentioned. Also I prefer the AMOLED display. G2 is a good phone as well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

maxsam4

Apr 2, 2012
New Delhi
I will go for the nexus 5 due to its pure android experience

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

MarkMRL

Jul 1, 2011
I'm not a big fan of stock android and I really like Sony stuff, I'd get the Z1 compact, it's a very nice little phone that's better than S4 in every single aspect. Much faster, better camera, superior audio quality, better screen (debatable, depends how much you like saturated OLED colors with true black vs realistic LCD colors with pure whites and higher brightness), better looking, better customized OS, better preinstalled apps (such as Walkman, Movies, Launcher, Smart Tags, etc), much sturdier, waterproof and it's smaller (might be a con if you want a bigger device).

I can't really recommend the S4 too much honestly, it's a very disappointing phone for me. In fact I'm trying to find someone willing to swap his Z1 Compact for my S4 on local communities.

Basically: Z1C > N5 > S4

I don't know anything about the G2.

Also if you're considering the S4 because of its power and you want to do some high end smartphone usage (gaming, heavy browsing, multitasking) you should take a look at this:

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/sa...at-performance-cpu-throttling-dvfs,26414.html

vklexer

Jun 4, 2012
thank you all for replies.
One thing scares me about z1.. g2.. nexus 5 is that they dont have removable batteries. Not because i want to keep swaping 2 different batteries, but because of bloated batteries. My current battery got swollen about 1 year into usage and the other one i bought is giving me less power already. So if the time came, i wouldnt be able to replace my battery, cause i think this isnt covered by warranty

maxsam4

Apr 2, 2012
New Delhi
One thing scares me about z1.. g2.. nexus 5 is that they dont have removable batteries. Not because i want to keep swaping 2 different batteries, but because of bloated batteries. My current battery got swollen about 1 year into usage and the other one i bought is giving me less power already. So if the time came, i wouldnt be able to replace my battery, cause i think this isnt covered by warranty

There is a thanks button for saying thanks -_-
On topic
Battery is covered in warranty

DesertHawk

Nov 19, 2012
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

G2. Huge battery and again warranty covers it. Id take G2, then S4. You get both AOSP and stock based ROMS whereas the Nexus 5 is stuck to AOSP.

Don't go Sony. Ive had them all and development dies very quickly.

maxsam4

Apr 2, 2012
New Delhi
G2. Huge battery and again warranty covers it. Id take G2, then S4. You get both AOSP and stock based ROMS whereas the Nexus 5 is stuck to AOSP.

Don't go Sony. Ive had them all and development dies very quickly.

Sony development die quickly?
Sony is used by developers more than lg and samsung.
All the Sony Mobiles (except a few) are very developer friendly.
Anyways, it is my personal opinion which might not be Same as of others.