Sprint Corporate PRL - Currently 56019

Search This thread

Ingenium13

Dec 25, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
I see 56018 fixes the voice and SMS issues in the Bay Area. It prioritizes 1900mhz over 800mhz for 1x. 56017 had 800mhz higher and even with a strong signal, voice kept cutting out and texts wouldn't send. I had fixed it manually by editing 56017 and changing the priorities.

Actually, looking at the PRL, they prioritized all of 1900 1x over 800 (1900 is listed first). 56017 had 800 set to scan first then 1900.

Reactions: drp1

psu2fan

Feb 2, 2009
Is anyone else noticing reduced 3g roaming? I used to roam on 3g about 80% of the time, only occasionally using a tower that didn't roam on 3g. For quite a while now I only rarely connect to a tower roaming on 3g. Would this be due to the prl file I'm using, or more likely sprints roaming agreements are shrinking?

Example, here at home and also at my in-laws house I used to get 3g roaming consistently, now at the same towers I always roam at 1x

**edit**
I decided to try an old prl (56015) that I remember using when I consistently roamed at 3g speed and I could once again roam at 3g. I would assume this is pretty rare that the older prl would give me more 3g roaming than a newer one, right?

Last edited:

jbhtexas

Apr 17, 2008
Is anyone else noticing reduced 3g roaming? I used to roam on 3g about 80% of the time, only occasionally using a tower that didn't roam on 3g. For quite a while now I only rarely connect to a tower roaming on 3g. Would this be due to the prl file I'm using, or more likely sprints roaming agreements are shrinking?

Example, here at home and also at my in-laws house I used to get 3g roaming consistently, now at the same towers I always roam at 1x

**edit**
I decided to try an old prl (56015) that I remember using when I consistently roamed at 3g speed and I could once again roam at 3g. I would assume this is pretty rare that the older prl would give me more 3g roaming than a newer one, right?

Well, this would be a sad development. An earlier poster in the thread mentioned a similar experience. There are a few websites that do PRL analysis, but as far as I can tell, none of them have analyzed 56018 to see what is going on. All we need is the secret to decoding the PRL...

My wife has the ONE at work, but on my EVO 4G LTE with 56018, I just did a quick test. When I force roaming with Roam Control, I pick up MetroPCS 4G. Unfortunately, with Sprint, I only get 3G, even though I'm practically right next to a Sprint tower. :(

Last edited:

jbhtexas

Apr 17, 2008
Just out of curiosity (had some time because yard work was rained out this weekend), I downloaded some tools for reading/writing PRLs. I managed to open the 56018 PRL, but without carrier TDS's, it's pretty difficult to figure out what is going on. I googled around, but didn't manage to find any rougue TDS's.

I noticed from the 56013 analysis at http://prl.digiblur.com/Sprint_56013.txt that there are a number of areas where Verizion is not listed as a roaming option. (and in particular, one area where I travel to for family, which kind of stinks because Verizion has very strong signal there).

Tools for reading/writing PRLs - Excel 2007 is required: http://www.cdg.org/roaming/roaming_resources/prltools/index.asp

jblaze10

Mar 23, 2012
Gold Canyon,Az
Google Pixel 4
Does anyone know why my extracted prls on root of storage do not appear in the menu to select to change? I used it on super one 4.3 no prob. Was wondering if something changed since 4.4? Thx

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Brandon8276

Oct 7, 2013
Does anyone know why my extracted prls on root of storage do not appear in the menu to select to change? I used it on super one 4.3 no prob. Was wondering if something changed since 4.4? Thx

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
mine appear fine! try downloading and extracting again if you have not already. 4.4.2 viperone.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Reactions: jblaze10

aprwx

Jan 30, 2011
Minneapolis
I noticed a problem with force roaming on verizon... I force roam, and the phone seemingly connects to verizon 3G (I'm on sprint network) according to the status bar and Signal Check. However, I can't transfer any data. When I'm on Sprint's network its fine, but not when I force roam. There's an error message in the pull-down saying something about unable to roam due to something, but I can't read it all because its so long. Tapping the message does nothing.

I was working fine around June 12th when I was on ViperOneM8 1.6.0. Since then I upgraded to ViperOneM8 1.7.0, and also upgraded my Firmware to: 1.54.651.10
PRI: 2.28_003
Baseband/Radio: 1.08.20.0610
from http://themikmik.com/showthread.php...HL-Firmware-Collection-LATEST-1-54-651-10-OTA

I tried PRLs 56015 & 56019 with the same results.

Not sure if this is due to the PRL, Firmware/Radio or the ROM. Any ideas?

Are others with the same firmware & PRL having success roaming data?

hedggie

Aug 22, 2009
Can't say how much I appreciate work from folk like you! Thank you numus!!!
I just had a super quick question about the VZW roaming on the corporate accounts. Does it just mean that I get VZW 3g roaming wherever sprint only has 1x? And otherwise it will prefer sprint 3g?
Thanks homies

the_mig

Apr 24, 2009
Minneapolis
Can't say how much I appreciate work from folk like you! Thank you numus!!!
I just had a super quick question about the VZW roaming on the corporate accounts. Does it just mean that I get VZW 3g roaming wherever sprint only has 1x? And otherwise it will prefer sprint 3g?
Thanks homies

Yes that is correct - if you use 56019 you will roam Verizon on 3g instead of 1x like you would using the standard PRL. Once you go back to Sprint coverage area you'll be back on their network. But beware that you are using more data roaming 3g on Verizon and Sprint may start monitoring your account.

Top Liked Posts