Nexus indash (vw polo)

Search This thread

N!KE26

Dec 6, 2013
Hi,
I have installed nexus gen 1 in my Polo R6 and its working pretty well right now. When I put the key in the tablet starts and turns airplain mod off and wifi on. And when I take the key out and its not putted in again in 15secs the airplain mode goes on, wifi off and force shutdown spotify and Google maps.

There is no acc in vw so to get the tablet on when key is in I have the positiv cabel it via the fusebox. There was one fuse wich has power when I put the key in the lock.

The audio is via a aux connected to Pioneer MVH-X560BT with a rear aux input so I get a clean look.

I have just one problem and would need some ideas, the nexus gps has some problem to the get singnal. So how would you recommend to get better gps singnal?:D

Attachments

• IMG-20140303-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20140303-WA0000.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 1,142
Last edited:
Reactions: Lizard12

b3ltazar

Jun 21, 2010
syracuse ny
Hi,
I have installed nexus gen 1 in my Polo R6 and its working pretty well right now. When I put the key in the tablet starts and turns airplain mod off and wifi on. And when I take the key out and its not putted in again in 15secs the airplain mode goes on, wifi off and force shutdown spotify and Google maps.

There is no acc in vw so to get the tablet on when key is in I have the positiv cabel it via the fusebox. There was one fuse wich has power when I put the key in the lock.

The audio is via a aux connected to Pioneer MVH-X560BT with a rear aux input so I get a clean look.

I have just one problem and would need some ideas, the nexus gps has some problem to the get singnal. So how would you recommend to get better gps singnal?:D

i have mine in the dash and have no gps issues at all. try gps fix or similar app first if it doesnt fix you could pull the antenna off the back of the case run it behind the rear view mirror then solder wires from the pins on the mother board to the pins of the antenna.it is pretty simple to do. or buy a bluetooth gps unit like 10-20 usd and pair it to the device via a app..

Reactions: N!KE26

Captain Sweatpants

Feb 18, 2014
Edinburgh
Pretty much the same as b3ltazar if you do move the GPS antenna though make sure you use quality shielded cable to avoid interference.

Sent from one of my 47 iPads running android C3P0

N!KE26

Dec 6, 2013
i have mine in the dash and have no gps issues at all. try gps fix or similar app first if it doesnt fix you could pull the antenna off the back of the case run it behind the rear view mirror then solder wires from the pins on the mother board to the pins of the antenna.it is pretty simple to do. or buy a bluetooth gps unit like 10-20 usd and pair it to the device via a app..
Do you think it is possible to buy one gps antenna and solder the wires of that to the mother board pins of the nexus? If not were is the nexus antenna in the backcover and will the antenna still work if I put cabel like 1m between it and the nexus?(sorry for asking but my is in the car and the car is not at home:)) Thnax for answers!
p2-sma.jpg

Captain Sweatpants

Feb 18, 2014
Edinburgh
I guess the only way to find out is to try it might work then again what's on the case may only be a small part of the GPS unit the circuitry being on the motherboard I know external WiFi antennas have been fitted with some quite spectacular results search for nexus 7 Magic mile to see what I mean.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

N!KE26

Dec 6, 2013
I guess the only way to find out is to try it might work then again what's on the case may only be a small part of the GPS unit the circuitry being on the motherboard I know external WiFi antennas have been fitted with some quite spectacular results search for nexus 7 Magic mile to see what I mean.

I got the gps working now by soldering wires between the nexus motherboard and the gps antenna. The antenna is now next to nexus but still behind the dash. Works like a dream!:highfive:

Wicked50

Mar 10, 2014
I'm guessing your back cover was not on all the way, and the pins were not making contact to the antenna on the cover. But you fixed it. Great job, happy it worked out for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

egren58

Jul 19, 2011
I'm guessing your back cover was not on all the way, and the pins were not making contact to the antenna on the cover. But you fixed it. Great job, happy it worked out for you.

im having the same issues guys but i cant locate the gps antena any help please have no gps at all

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Hi,

Pretty much the same as b3ltazar if you do move the GPS antenna though make sure you use quality shielded cable to avoid interference.

Sent from one of my 47 iPads running android C3P0