[ROM][6.0.1] AOKP MM [Nightly][OFFICIAL][klte, kltespr, kltedv, klteusc]

Search This thread

schwabe93

aokp-logo-large.png

AOKP-ANDROID OPEN KANG PROJECT

What is AOKP?

AOKP stands for Android Open Kang Project. It is a custom ROM distribution for several high-end Android devices. The name is a play on the word kang and AOSP (Android Open Source Project). The name was sort of a joke, but it just stuck, just like our infatuation with unicorns.

We fork the source code of Android that Google puts out in the open with every major version release, and we then add the magical unicorn bytes (read: we add some of the coolest features that are both useful and make your ROM awesome).

With AOKP, you can generally do a lot more with your device than what you could do with the original firmware that came installed on it.

Why AOKP ?

We were waiting for when you'd ask this.

There are a variety of reasons why a hilly billy Android user, on a bright sunny day, would suddenly start using AOKP and loving it.

For one, AOKP is lightweight. Most OEMs provide a heavy UI layer over Android and have loads of bloatware (i.e. apps that not everyone use every day, but you cannot remove because they're "baked in" by default). Since AOKP is built upon vanilla Android source, it has neither of the above.

Also AOKP has features that you will not find on your stock firmware. You can have a multitude of toggles to quickly flip a lot of your phone's settings right at your fingertips, or you can launch apps quickly from any screen using our Ribbons.

You can change almost each and every aspect of the OS, from its looks to the way it functions, with total freedom. And did we tell you, AOKP helps you make tacos?

Downloads

Instructions

Factory Reset/Wipe Data
Format System
Format Cache
Format Dalvik Cache
Install ROM
Install Gapps
Reboot

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][6.0.1] AOKP MM [Nightly][OFFICIAL][klte, kltespr, kltedv, klteusc], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 5

Contributors
hiowa93, PippoX3
Source Code: https://github.com/AOKP

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
Based On: AOKP

Version Information
Beta Release Date: 2016-02-10

Created 2016-01-15
Last Updated 2016-08-03

schwabe93

Getting a bootloop with the kltespr version. I've tried multiple different gapps packages as well (Open Gapps, Slim Gapps, etc.).

Did a full wipe (cache/dalvik, system, data, format data) as well beforehand and no go. Let it sit for a good 20 minutes too. :(

Thanks for reporting i can only try klte what i own. Can anyone test it also on kltespr ? Make a nandroid backup before Thanks

daddymemoru

Sep 22, 2013
I have a T-Mobile galaxy s5 (klte) do these types of custom roms only work when phones are activated? Because ever since my phone is no longer in service custom roms never seem to work. :/

That or I just don't know how to flash custom roms anymore. ? haha

altojd

Dec 11, 2009
tried it on klte with open gapps and witk slim.. after wiping system, data, cache and dalvik the rom boots well without gapps. after flashing gapps gets boot-loop upon finishing "optimizing apps". tried several times never passes that stage

djxn40

May 9, 2015
Please let me know if it works for you... Maybe it was a bad download on my end or something. I appreciate your assistance!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
On kltespr it will boot up fine without gapps but I could not find a gapps that wouldn't give me tons of FC's ... Without gapps though the ROM runs fast and smooth.

djxn40

May 9, 2015
On kltespr it will boot up fine without gapps but I could not find a gapps that wouldn't give me tons of FC's ... Without gapps though the ROM runs fast and smooth.

Update: using open gapps pico worked for me. I'm running kltespr with open gapps and no fc's and all is smooth so far. Will report after more use

Update: using open gapps pico worked for me. I'm running kltespr with open gapps and no fc's and all is smooth so far. Will report after more use

Awesome. I'll give the pico build of open gapps a try. I wonder what it is with other gapps packages that makes this boot loop? Weird! Thanks for testing it out!

djxn40

May 9, 2015
The weather in my dropdown displays celsius instead of fahrenheit. Is there an option to change that ?

raidrom

Apr 26, 2012
edmonton
ROM look wicked and doesn't get to hot which is nice bit I tried several gapps and after optimizing it ****s the bed and stays on the aokp screen .you guys are right I also tried pico gapps and it worked but i lost my cell data .the sim worked and can get texts etc but no data .right now I'm replying on the ROM but with it installed with no gapps .I even tried going the aroma gapps and that didint work .and also if I install with no gapps I get my lte cell data back

schwabe93

ROM look wicked and doesn't get to hot which is nice bit I tried several gapps and after optimizing it ****s the bed and stays on the aokp screen .you guys are right I also tried pico gapps and it worked but i lost my cell data .the sim worked and can get texts etc but no data .right now I'm replying on the ROM but with it installed with no gapps .I even tried going the aroma gapps and that didint work .and also if I install with no gapps I get my lte cell data back

Hey try slim gapps like i said a few post before. Then make a clean flash with aokp (without flashing gapps) boot once and then flash gapps

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokp-logo-large.png

AOKP-ANDROID OPEN KANG PROJECT

What is AOKP?

AOKP stands for Android Open Kang Project. It is a custom ROM distribution for several high-end Android devices. The name is a play on the word kang and AOSP (Android Open Source Project). The name was sort of a joke, but it just stuck, just like our infatuation with unicorns.

We fork the source code of Android that Google puts out in the open with every major version release, and we then add the magical unicorn bytes (read: we add some of the coolest features that are both useful and make your ROM awesome).

With AOKP, you can generally do a lot more with your device than what you could do with the original firmware that came installed on it.

Why AOKP ?

We were waiting for when you'd ask this.

There are a variety of reasons why a hilly billy Android user, on a bright sunny day, would suddenly start using AOKP and loving it.

For one, AOKP is lightweight. Most OEMs provide a heavy UI layer over Android and have loads of bloatware (i.e. apps that not everyone use every day, but you cannot remove because they're "baked in" by default). Since AOKP is built upon vanilla Android source, it has neither of the above.

Also AOKP has features that you will not find on your stock firmware. You can have a multitude of toggles to quickly flip a lot of your phone's settings right at your fingertips, or you can launch apps quickly from any screen using our Ribbons.

You can change almost each and every aspect of the OS, from its looks to the way it functions, with total freedom. And did we tell you, AOKP helps you make tacos?

Downloads

Instructions

Factory Reset/Wipe Data
    Format System
    Format Cache
    Format Dalvik Cache
    Install ROM
    Install Gapps
    Reboot

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][6.0.1] AOKP MM [Nightly][OFFICIAL][klte, kltespr, kltedv, klteusc], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 5

Contributors
    hiowa93, PippoX3
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOKP

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    Based On: AOKP

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2016-02-10

Created 2016-01-15
    Last Updated 2016-08-03
    Reserved

For Screenshoots thank too @ishubhamsingh
    I just pulled right now all CM updates for KLTE Devices and pushed it to AOKP. My test Build work fine , so next Nightlies will build correctly
    All updates from CM got merged to device today the next build should be building.
    aokp klte Nougat Unofficial !!!!!!
    android 7.1 !!!!
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767118443