Unofficial OctOs 5.0.2

Search This thread

Oggie7797

Jan 10, 2014
Jordan, Arkansas
I ported OctOs using the CM12 device tree by @stargo to targa and have since ported it for our OMAP4 brothers.

Features: (will be added onto)
-CM based so expect those features
-Tentacles settings for more personalization
-SuperSu as primary su binary handler
-Omniswitch
-CM12 Theme Engine
-Fast.
-Snappy.
-Clean.
-Amazing.

Downloads:
The ROM is on my Gdrive.
I recommend PA Gapps.

Install:
Flash on a new ROM slot on the new SELINUX enabled SafeStrap by @stargo

Updates:
Since Lollipop is in early development, I suggest doing a clean install. If you wanna wipe system and caches only that's fine too but don't report bugs.

Bugs:
-LTE has a hard time sticking but my latest build *should* patch that. If you have issues (especially after reboot) go into settings and switch preferred network from 3g to 4g a couple times and/or toggle airplane mode. Hopefully this will be completely fixed in the near future, but it isn't as annoying as the orange data indicator on KitKat.
-Same bugs as CM12

If you encounter bugs please make sure that you clean install on a virgin ROM slot and include a step-by-step on how to repeat the bug and also include a syslog (get the apk from play).

Hope you enjoy the ROM :)

XDA:DevDB Information
Oct-L, ROM for the Motorola Droid Bionic

Contributors
Oggie7797
ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
ROM Firmware Required: New SafeStrap by Stargo
Based On: Cyanogenmod12

Version Information
Beta Release Date: 2015-01-11

Created 2015-01-12
Last Updated 2015-01-12

Last edited:

Oggie7797

Jan 10, 2014
Jordan, Arkansas
2iu97on.jpgh

Last edited:

Oggie7797

Jan 10, 2014
Jordan, Arkansas
Thanks for your great effort, and I am on Recurr ROM, LTE data connection is very stable and no need to set APN

Could you please tell what is the difference between this ROM and Recurr one?

Different features and stuff lol IMA build again tonight if I have time and maybe it'll fix lte for good

Sent from my XT875 using XDA Free mobile app

Oggie7797

Jan 10, 2014
Jordan, Arkansas
So I have the latest and greatest GApps running, but I cannot get into the ROM. I keep getting a FC for Google Play Services. Push ok and it takes you back to WiFi. Rebooted, reinstalled GApps, cleared cache, etc. Still no dice. I don't have too much to monkey around with it today, will try a new build once uploaded
What Gapps? I didn't have this issue on PA Gapps...try setting up without gapps first and flash gapps on a diff session. You're using as a wifi only device right? If so use the radio disable build.prop tweak. On initial boot turn airplane mode on to stop phone fc and add the build.prop line and reboot and flash gapps. that'll fix phone and most other issues if running as a wifi only ROM.

The Doctor04

Aug 18, 2012
Ann Arbor
www.discgolfscene.com
What Gapps? I didn't have this issue on PA Gapps...try setting up without gapps first and flash gapps on a diff session. You're using as a wifi only device right? If so use the radio disable build.prop tweak. On initial boot turn airplane mode on to stop phone fc and add the build.prop line and reboot and flash gapps. that'll fix phone and most other issues if running as a wifi only ROM.

I tried both the slimmed down PA GApps, and I also tried DHacker's GApps from 12/21/14. I cannot get past the FC from Google Play Services. Will maybe give it the old college try later this evening. I am not seeing any issues really with CM12 based roms using them as a WiFi device, so I haven't felt the need to do all the things you are suggesting. If I have some time tonight, I will give it a go

Oggie7797

Jan 10, 2014
Jordan, Arkansas
I tried both the slimmed down PA GApps, and I also tried DHacker's GApps from 12/21/14. I cannot get past the FC from Google Play Services. Will maybe give it the old college try later this evening. I am not seeing any issues really with CM12 based roms using them as a WiFi device, so I haven't felt the need to do all the things you are suggesting. If I have some time tonight, I will give it a go

Try flashing on a brand new virgin slot lol idk why but sometimes that fixes stuff

Oggie7797

Jan 10, 2014
Jordan, Arkansas
Thanks and really appreciated!
@rfresh mind sending me build.prop from RR? Or copy/paste it into a pastebin and send me the link..I don't feel like downloading an entire ROM and I need to compare some settings I've made. Thanks.

Edit:
Sync'd up and started another build with the phone patch in it. I'll check back in a few hours or in the morning to check build progress, with CM12 TE being merged along with lots of new code, there's always a possibility for a fail. Will build maserati and/or spyder tomorrow.

Last edited:
Getting Better

Flashed first build, got API problems.

Flashed latest build, API is solid, but having Google Play fc with nano, pico, and normal gapps. Same with CM12. Flashed onto clean slot each time. SS 3.75. Also flashed ROM first, then rebooted and flashed gapps.
I remain optomistic.

Last edited:

Oggie7797

Jan 10, 2014
Jordan, Arkansas
Flashed first build, got API problems.

Flashed latest build, API is solid, but having Google Play fc with nano, pico, and normal gapps. Same with CM12. Flashed onto clean slot each time. SS 3.75. Also flashed ROM first, then rebooted and flashed gapps.
I remain optomistic.

Sorry man it's a chromium issue and it's being worked on! For now if you flash the first one and change the line ro.telephony.default_network=10 to a 6 in build.prop it will fix api issue but after each reboot you will have to toggle 4g as preferred network under settings...that's what I done and I'm using it as a daily. Again, sorry bout the issue and it is being worked on. Thanks for the report.

Cool. Thanks for the reply. I will get some sleep and reflash after breakfast. It looks great; might keep the Bionic relevant until I find my "can't miss" new phone!

Update:
Reflashed in Slot 3. Used pico, nano, mini, and full. All fc on Google Play Services. Radios are solid. Exact opposite of CM 12- I get com.android.phone fc and wifi network is forgotten at random. If I had a clue on how to code, I could figure out how to combine the working parts and make one good Lollipop for Targa!
Will try a different slot. Can I try a different .apk for Play Services?
If so, I can push it to the SD card and flash from there.

Last edited:
To elaborate on my idea:

If I flash the ROM first, it goes wonderfully. That's why I was thinking about just flashing the .apk's and building from there. If the Play Services, then Play Store work, then maybe onward and upward?
Some guidance on what to sideload first would be appreciated.
To Google I go!

Oggie7797

Jan 10, 2014
Jordan, Arkansas
To elaborate on my idea:

If I flash the ROM first, it goes wonderfully. That's why I was thinking about just flashing the .apk's and building from there. If the Play Services, then Play Store work, then maybe onward and upward?
To Google I go!

I've already pulled a log bud it's a chromium issue and its not our device it's a Lollipop issue and I think Grommish made a fix and I'm going to try it out and build tonight after I make clobber. Do what I suggested about the first build inside build.prop. I use it as a daily.

It's nothing you can do about it it has to be done on my end while I build.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I ported OctOs using the CM12 device tree by @stargo to targa and have since ported it for our OMAP4 brothers.

Features: (will be added onto)
    -CM based so expect those features
    -Tentacles settings for more personalization
    -SuperSu as primary su binary handler
    -Omniswitch
    -CM12 Theme Engine
    -Fast.
    -Snappy.
    -Clean.
    -Amazing.

Downloads:
    The ROM is on my Gdrive.
    I recommend PA Gapps.

Install:
    Flash on a new ROM slot on the new SELINUX enabled SafeStrap by @stargo

Updates:
    Since Lollipop is in early development, I suggest doing a clean install. If you wanna wipe system and caches only that's fine too but don't report bugs.

Bugs:
    -LTE has a hard time sticking but my latest build *should* patch that. If you have issues (especially after reboot) go into settings and switch preferred network from 3g to 4g a couple times and/or toggle airplane mode. Hopefully this will be completely fixed in the near future, but it isn't as annoying as the orange data indicator on KitKat.
    -Same bugs as CM12

If you encounter bugs please make sure that you clean install on a virgin ROM slot and include a step-by-step on how to repeat the bug and also include a syslog (get the apk from play).

Hope you enjoy the ROM :)

XDA:DevDB Information
    Oct-L, ROM for the Motorola Droid Bionic

Contributors
    Oggie7797
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: New SafeStrap by Stargo
    Based On: Cyanogenmod12

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2015-01-11

Created 2015-01-12
    Last Updated 2015-01-12
    I'm making progress with getting LTE stable. Expect another build late Sunday/Monday.

Uploading a new build+md5 using new commits from Octos and @stargo this build should be flashed on a NEW rom slot to avoid any bugs! This build also uses my phone fc patch. Oh and also has new theme chooser ;)
    To elaborate on my idea:

To Google I go!

I've already pulled a log bud it's a chromium issue and its not our device it's a Lollipop issue and I think Grommish made a fix and I'm going to try it out and build tonight after I make clobber. Do what I suggested about the first build inside build.prop. I use it as a daily.

It's nothing you can do about it it has to be done on my end while I build.