Attachments

• IMG028.jpg
    IMG028.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 4,443
Reactions: thakarparth

teacher1960

Mar 8, 2009
Bergen
Could you tell us if space still plans to finish a new honeycomb for tabs, or has he maybe given up on it? I ask because I see from other threads that he is helping out other devs and that he has bricked his tabs.
Please notice that I'm not asking any "when" questions. I love my tab and I plan to keep it as long as possible and it would be great to one day have a tab optimised operating system on it

There are actually people who think that I with my SG Tab am jealous of their ipads. Moahaha!

eongab

Feb 23, 2009
New Zealand
Could you tell us if space still plans to finish a new honeycomb for tabs, or has he maybe given up on it? I ask because I see from other threads that he is helping out other devs and that he has bricked his tabs.
Please notice that I'm not asking any "when" questions. I love my tab and I plan to keep it as long as possible and it would be great to one day have a tab optimised operating system on it

There are actually people who think that I with my SG Tab am jealous of their ipads. Moahaha!

at the end of the first post its says.................

Please, DO NOT BOTHER spacemoose about the HC builds, I am now working on them.

to Jim. thank you for taking over the project. will patiently wait for the GSM version. lol

Reactions: k0sh

oldmacnut

Jul 12, 2010
Anyone care to get a vid of the new release? :)

Also paciently waiting for a gsm version. :)

Sent from my GT-P1000 using xda premium

Looks like HC, exact same HC Dan released that was 2.5, only I fixed Audio, BT, and a few other things that I cant remember.

GSM version will probably never happen, I dont own a GSM tab, cant afford one, and even though i just switched to tmobile, they dont have any.

Reactions: jimmypelican

-Howard-

Dec 27, 2010
Nottingham, UK
Looks like HC, exact same HC Dan released that was 2.5, only I fixed Audio, BT, and a few other things that I cant remember.

GSM version will probably never happen, I dont own a GSM tab, cant afford one, and even though i just switched to tmobile, they dont have any.

Fair enough :) ah well cant get everything we want :p

either way good work and kind of you to release it

Reactions: speedysilwady

teezle

Dec 28, 2010
info ....

well, i got my vzw tab back today. put this rom on here. here's what doesn't work so far:

camera
gps does not lock
launcher gets stuck and doesn't seem to refresh (gets stck on app menu)
hitting the hardware home key sends you back to the home screen but you can,t click anything
rotating app for the screen turns it the wrong way
big red bar around windows

oldmacnut

Jul 12, 2010
GSM version would be great for those of us in the UK

We would want to see it get released for Asia origin too.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using xda premium

No gsm version then. :(

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App

The reason behind me not releasing a GSM version of anything...
I dont own a GSM tablet. I dont have the funds to buy a GSM tablet, and I own CDMA tablets.
Plus, lets be honest here, there are enough GSM dev's out there to choke a horse, to stab each other in the back and steal stuff, lie , and generally BS others.
But, it comes down to me not having a GSM tablet.

well, i got my vzw tab back today. put this rom on here. here's what doesn't work so far:

camera
gps does not lock
launcher gets stuck and doesn't seem to refresh (gets stck on app menu)
hitting the hardware home key sends you back to the home screen but you can,t click anything
rotating app for the screen turns it the wrong way
big red bar around windows

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1020167&highlight=honeycomb

Reactions: xaoc747

speedysilwady

Oct 9, 2009
Does this include the 1.5ghz overclock kernel from the last build? Or do we have to flash it separately? Is video playback working?

Thanks oldmacnut I really appreciate your work and dedication to us CDMA tab owners =]

xaoc747

Feb 5, 2008
Kazan
forum.xda-developers.info
Ok, so here is the deal...

Spacemoose was building the 2.5 froyo based Honeycomb, I jumped in to help out with a few things, well he decided to move to the Gingerbread base for his HC 3.0 so all the changes i made, were never included.

Hi Man!

1st of all thank you for your DEALS!!!
If I'll flash this Rom to my i800 w/stock rom my tab will not bricked? All functions will work well? How I can use a call on this tab?

Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tired of the drama

I am not coming back.

You want future releases? catch me on TAD
    Saving this spot to yell at people who ask stupid questions. LOL

No, im not going to yell, just make you feel stupid.

Again I kid I kid.
    Re-uploading right now, says it has 10 min left, will be same link, 164mb I believe. I'm off to spend a few days on cm7 and miui before I sell the tabs. **** came up.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using xda premium
    Dear oldmacnut, I understand completely with your frustration. I myself am not a dev, nor have I ever pretended to be. I enjoy playing around with the roms just to have something to do. I did like the way HC looks and feels on the galaxy tab ad wish very much that one day, a true daily driver is released. But I know that we as followers are at the devs mercy when it comes to this. We do, at least most of us, appreciate your hard work and it is a shame when a community that should be nothing but cheerleaders suddenly turns to demanding things and making rude comments. I do hope you continue your work on HC but given the circumstances, I understand. Until then I think we all have to remember, we did not purchase a Honeycomb tablet. If you want HC that bad, fork up the doe and buy one. I wish you a speedy recovery and good good luck.

Sent from my mwp6985 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
    Hi oldmancut,

I'm a SGS dev and I own a GSM GalaxyTab and I would like to see a GSM HC release. So, may I help you in developement? :) We can make a sort of HoneyComb team and work together! Let me know what do you think :)

P.s. One question: the difference between GSM and CDMA roms it's in the kernel,right?