CyanFox Sony Xperia V - Tsubasa

Search This thread

alexbo

Jan 27, 2009
Barcelona
Just two words... Absolutely Fantastic!

Afer being a CyanogenMod user for many months, the only usable version for me was 10.1.3 RC2. After trying all existing versions including latest CM11 nightly. All had some issue or another.

Then I tried different modified stock ROMS (including Rizal Lovins's modified JB4.3 leaked version -which is close to being one of the best ROMS out there), but none have the fluidity of a CM based rom.

Last night I gave a try to CyanFox, after all, the Tsubasa version was requested by myself. And they did deliver.

What an amazing Rom, love how fast it is and how 98% of the apps I use on a daily basis work perfectly.
I have only found a few issues, but I can live with them.

- Battery life is not as good as with stock rom, but it ain't that bad either
- Camera doesn't let me change location of photos, no option to select external SD card.

Anyway I automatically send all photos to Dropbox, so it doesn't bother me that much.

Having said all this, I strongly recommend everyone to give the rom a try.

You can find the links here...

http://www.cyanfox-rom.com/

I do recommend using Mr Rizal Lovins Z1 keyboard ports, they are a lot better than AOSP stock keyboard

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2196653

Good luck

And I thank all you amazing creators for the excellent work you are doing, my wife doesn't understand how I can fiddle for hours with my phone, but I'm sure you do, and I have to thank you for the great effort you guys put into all this!

:fingers-crossed::D

alexbo

Jan 27, 2009
Barcelona
The website isn't very clear about the benefits of this ROM. Would you mind explaining a bit?

Its based on CM11, but with more 'extras', and so far its working really well.
I got from play store a Z1 theme for Cyanogen, plus Rizal Loving Z1 keyboard and it just works as it should. No FC's yet at all (and strangely it is based on a nightly version of CM11.

I also tried LG Cybershot camera that was ported from Rizal Lovins (fantastic work in all he does). But the CM stock camera works really well and fast. So I'm happy with the stock one.

Best anyone can do is try for themselves. After all, we all have different opinions and views of what we need on a phone.

;)

Reactions: TheEdgeOfRage

phhuang

May 30, 2010
How's it if comparing with Rizal's KK 4? The only two issues with are random reboots and battery drain, just as the CM11 nightly

Sent from my Xperia V

alexbo

Jan 27, 2009
Barcelona
How's it if comparing with Rizal's KK 4? The only two issues with are random reboots and battery drain, just as the CM11 nightly

Sent from my Xperia V

I haven't got any random reboots yet... so it is a bit more stable.
Battery drain is high, but last night when I woke up only went down 3.4% per hour, according to Better battery stats:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1179809

So when not in use, its not that bad... with stock I would get in sleep mode between 1.5% - 2% per hour.

But the rom is faster and more configurable than stock.

rinkulsk

May 1, 2013
Mumbai
it shows me staus 7 error
any guess whats happening...???
i have not backed up any thing
now reveting to flash back ftf
:(

alfanumerica

Jan 13, 2011

Sent from my Xperia V

Ahahah not just those :)
Camera is flickering (green line) and poor quality;
BT is slow and if you try to use BT headphone and listen to the music the quality is poor;
BT Mic quality is terrible;
ART is not working properly (cause FC and reboot);
NO EXTERNAL SD.
IMHO it's not ready to be a daily use ROM ;)

Reactions: alexbo

alexbo

Jan 27, 2009
Barcelona
BT is slow and if you try to use BT headphone and listen to the music the quality is poor;
NO EXTERNAL SD.

I haven't had any issues with BT, quality seems good to me, been using it in the car and with PowerAmp and sounds just as any other...
But I just had my first Blue Screen... for no reason really, so it isn't as stable as I thought.

Seems there are still issues... I apologize for being so eager to tell everyone how well it goes.

And yes, battery drain is huge... just like CM11 nightly. After all it is based on it.

I will use it a few more days and keep hoping for a Stable, robust and reliable ROM.

rinkulsk

May 1, 2013
Mumbai
when i installed the rom it installed and when i first time used thje rom all going preety okay but when i turn of the screen the display gone blue and restared just like rizal lovins 4.4.2 any idea whats the problem is

phhuang

May 30, 2010
Just found out that on 4.4 the WiFi cost more battery drain than 3G. It doesn't let the phone be into deep sleep. So when I turn it off, the battery drain status is better.

Last edited:

Aria.A97

Nov 23, 2013
it shows me staus 7 error
any guess whats happening...???
i have not backed up any thing
now reveting to flash back ftf
:(

You can't flash KK ROM on jellybean ROM directly through cwm, to solve this :

Just flash this ROMs kernel with fastboot, then reboot to recovery and do a clean install.

enrycko

Jul 21, 2008
Bandung
The rom sure is fast, no bsod or random reboot for 16 hours usage.. The battery usage i think its normal if u think it drain too much revert the brightness to manualy adjust.. For who cant detect the external card.. U can install the CM 10.2 first then install this CF (wipe cache and data only) dont ever wipe system it'll make ext card can't read by ROM

Sent from my Xperia V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

alexbo

Jan 27, 2009
Barcelona
Hi everyone,

Has anyone tried out this latest Nightly from Cyan-fox?? 29-January2014

http://cyanfox-rom.com/downloads/?folder=tsubasa/

Was hoping some brave pirate could give it a try... I am exhausted of trying different nightlies (CM, AOKP, PAC, etc...) and having to revert back to the most stable rom for me (CM 10.1.3 RC2) while waiting for the final release of the OFFICIAL XPERIA V 4.3!!
Which for some reason, Sony keeps delaying eternally.

Thanks in advance!!

Schuan

Mar 18, 2011
Thank you for the sharing. I will still waiting for the more stabel version. Currently im happy with Xperia Revelation rom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just two words... Absolutely Fantastic!

Afer being a CyanogenMod user for many months, the only usable version for me was 10.1.3 RC2. After trying all existing versions including latest CM11 nightly. All had some issue or another.

Then I tried different modified stock ROMS (including Rizal Lovins's modified JB4.3 leaked version -which is close to being one of the best ROMS out there), but none have the fluidity of a CM based rom.

Last night I gave a try to CyanFox, after all, the Tsubasa version was requested by myself. And they did deliver.

What an amazing Rom, love how fast it is and how 98% of the apps I use on a daily basis work perfectly.
    I have only found a few issues, but I can live with them.

- Battery life is not as good as with stock rom, but it ain't that bad either
    - Camera doesn't let me change location of photos, no option to select external SD card.

Anyway I automatically send all photos to Dropbox, so it doesn't bother me that much.

Having said all this, I strongly recommend everyone to give the rom a try.

You can find the links here...

http://www.cyanfox-rom.com/

I do recommend using Mr Rizal Lovins Z1 keyboard ports, they are a lot better than AOSP stock keyboard

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2196653

Good luck

And I thank all you amazing creators for the excellent work you are doing, my wife doesn't understand how I can fiddle for hours with my phone, but I'm sure you do, and I have to thank you for the great effort you guys put into all this!

:fingers-crossed::D
    The website isn't very clear about the benefits of this ROM. Would you mind explaining a bit?
    downloading now will test and report now

Its based on CM11, but with more 'extras', and so far its working really well.
    I got from play store a Z1 theme for Cyanogen, plus Rizal Loving Z1 keyboard and it just works as it should. No FC's yet at all (and strangely it is based on a nightly version of CM11.

I also tried LG Cybershot camera that was ported from Rizal Lovins (fantastic work in all he does). But the CM stock camera works really well and fast. So I'm happy with the stock one.

Best anyone can do is try for themselves. After all, we all have different opinions and views of what we need on a phone.

;)

Sent from my Xperia V

NO EXTERNAL SD.