[ROM][OFFICIAL][8-DEC-12] Cerebrum JB 0.1 (Android 4.1.1)

Search This thread

popdog123

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 25, 2010
cerebrum_zpse15130eb.png

Are you an aspiring developer? Read post 2!

I give you Cerebrum ROM. So far it is only AOSP Jellybean for LG Optimus One but more will come.

Indications:
1. Wipe data, cache, dalvik, etc
2. Flash from SD Card

Things that will eat your battery:
  • GPS (GPS will keep your phone awake after you use it. Restart the phone after turning it off)
  • WIFI (Turn off wifi whenever you don't need it)
  • 3G (Same as WIFI)

(Gapps are included)

More info, Download, Change Log, Bugs: CEREBRUM BLOG

Credits:
  • Cyanogenmod team
  • Team MAC and all the LGICS people
  • Oxygen team
  • Kernel courtesy of LGICS

Last edited:

popdog123

Dec 25, 2010
Call for help!

I want to start an android project to support most of the old and outdated devices. But for that I'm going to need some help.

• Android developers who know their code and can write up new features or fix existing bugs.
  • Talented themers who have an eye for the beautiful and can design some nice UIs
  • Kernel developers who can read and write code that is pretty much a foreign language for me.

If you think you fit into one (or more) of these categories please contact me (PM, email, twitter, snail mail, etc) and together we shall rule the android world. You will be greatly rewarded for your efforts. Anything I get from developing this thing (which is pretty much nothing) I shall share with you. Kings will envy our wealth and popularity!

But seriously now. Don't be shy and contact me. It could be a great project for some old phones.

Last edited:

sellers86

Jan 9, 2012
For the launcher, you may have to pull trebuchet from cm10, or ask nova or apex if you can include their ICS launcher as a prebuilt. I'd be glad to help out, but I don't have the optimus 1, just the optimus V.

Sent from my One V using Tapatalk

sareerraza

Apr 30, 2012
First of all u r a hero for us popdog now can u brief what works and what dont thanxs

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium

RockR172

Jun 12, 2011
Good to see someone working on a Jelly Bean AOSP port.. :)
Hopefully this reaches a stable state as none of them actually did.. :p
AOSP GB by lupohirp, AOSP ICS by me.. :D
Well, times change, priorities change... :(
Great work popdog! :)
Lookin forward to this... :)

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk 2

vlt96

Oct 9, 2011
Watch out, popdog is attracting all the talented devs to the dark side, and they will rule the android world by making people buy lower end devices that are cheap and good, up-to-date (actually, O1 is still on eMag.ro)

Watch out for the sith (lol android doesn't have this word, it autocorrects)

Don't let Galaxy S3 users find out!!!

But this is great work, thank you for continuing your work;)

Sent from my LG-P500

Last edited:

popdog123

Dec 25, 2010
Well so far I've moved my repos to a github organization, made an irc chatroom, google code for holding downloads and a little blog for documenting the whole process. I'll explain more about it in the weekend.

Please spread the word about this. Together we can make better roms for these devices.

In the meantime enjoy this rom. I'm using it for 2 days now and aside from the issues i've posted I can't say anything bad about it.

sellers86

Jan 9, 2012
Well so far I've moved my repos to a github organization, made an irc chatroom, google code for holding downloads and a little blog for documenting the whole process. I'll explain more about it in the weekend.

Please spread the word about this. Together we can make better roms for these devices.

In the meantime enjoy this rom. I'm using it for 2 days now and aside from the issues i've posted I can't say anything bad about it.

where is this github at?

myawan

Dec 18, 2011
It would be great if this word gets to the top devs of other devices like Gio, Ace, Blade, Mini, X8 etc. Anybody having contacts?

cornelha

Dec 14, 2007
Cape Town
Can always count on popdog123 to bring something different to the game. Will keep an eye on this one, thanks dude :good:

TheRedHunter

Apr 6, 2012
Middle Earth
It will be good if the blog that podog has made will have tutorials for newbie users too. And yes...could you provide with us with a link to the blog. I could also help you with that newbie tutorials . If you can make that in time you'll have more support.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    cerebrum_zpse15130eb.png

Are you an aspiring developer? Read post 2!

I give you Cerebrum ROM. So far it is only AOSP Jellybean for LG Optimus One but more will come.

Indications:
    1. Wipe data, cache, dalvik, etc
    2. Flash from SD Card

Things that will eat your battery:
    • GPS (GPS will keep your phone awake after you use it. Restart the phone after turning it off)
    • WIFI (Turn off wifi whenever you don't need it)
    • 3G (Same as WIFI)

(Gapps are included)

More info, Download, Change Log, Bugs: CEREBRUM BLOG

Credits:
    • Cyanogenmod team
    • Team MAC and all the LGICS people
    • Oxygen team
    • Kernel courtesy of LGICS
    Call for help!

I want to start an android project to support most of the old and outdated devices. But for that I'm going to need some help.

• Android developers who know their code and can write up new features or fix existing bugs.
    • Talented themers who have an eye for the beautiful and can design some nice UIs
    • Kernel developers who can read and write code that is pretty much a foreign language for me.

If you think you fit into one (or more) of these categories please contact me (PM, email, twitter, snail mail, etc) and together we shall rule the android world. You will be greatly rewarded for your efforts. Anything I get from developing this thing (which is pretty much nothing) I shall share with you. Kings will envy our wealth and popularity!

But seriously now. Don't be shy and contact me. It could be a great project for some old phones.
    Notification power widget is already in the works. I'm implementing the settings part of it right now. After I'm done with that, I'm going to going to twist it up a bit. Add a bit of wow :))
    As for Google Now, I was thinking about replacing it with the hacked one that works for armv6 on ICS (no voice though) and replace the voice part with GB. Only workaround I see so far.

Making coffee is a bit buggy at the moment. Gonna update soon :)
    Oh crap... I forgot to upload the new version. It will come this week.

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda app-developers app
    • Notification power widget now working...
    • Rom is very fast
    • OTA remaining to be added
    • Release rom
    • ???
    • PROFIT