Cant see old files after flashing to 4.3 after 4.1

Search This thread

blacksmith_84

Oct 30, 2011
Denver,CO
Im sure this has come up a few times but I cannot find the answer...I went from 4.1.2 mc2 to 4.3 and everything is running smooth as butter, but my files such as music and even the newest rom zip is still on my internal storage taking up so much space but I cannot see them through es file explorer or through my pc to delete them and free up space. When I flashed, I wiped cache, dalvic, factory reset then formatted system data and cache in that order, 3 times each and that's how ive always done it. I restored my backup of 4.1.2 (which after the fact I read that's the ultimate no no) but all files are there and the phone worked like it always had. I did flash 4.3 again and im still running it with no issues but I can't figure out how to see my old files from 4.1.2...any insight on this would be greatly appreciated!!! GO BRONCOS!!!

d3cypher

Dec 17, 2007
Norfolk, Va
Im sure this has come up a few times but I cannot find the answer...I went from 4.1.2 mc2 to 4.3 and everything is running smooth as butter, but my files such as music and even the newest rom zip is still on my internal storage taking up so much space but I cannot see them through es file explorer or through my pc to delete them and free up space. When I flashed, I wiped cache, dalvic, factory reset then formatted system data and cache in that order, 3 times each and that's how ive always done it. I restored my backup of 4.1.2 (which after the fact I read that's the ultimate no no) but all files are there and the phone worked like it always had. I did flash 4.3 again and im still running it with no issues but I can't figure out how to see my old files from 4.1.2...any insight on this would be greatly appreciated!!! GO BRONCOS!!!

Your older files from 4.1.2 are stored in the /data/media folder. Newer Android versions now store internal data on /data/media/0. Use a file explorer with root permission features like Root Explorer to find and copy those files.

Reactions: blacksmith_84

blacksmith_84

Oct 30, 2011
Denver,CO
Your older files from 4.1.2 are stored in the /data/media folder. Newer Android versions now store internal data on /data/media/0. Use a file explorer with root permission features like Root Explorer to find and copy those files.

Thanks man! Does root explorer dig deeper for files/folders? I have es file explorer but the only data folder I see is empty and I used the search in es file explorer for media but all thats in there are these in the screen shot. Im baffled!! I greatly appreciate your help!
eqe6yqyr.jpg

Last edited:

d3cypher

Dec 17, 2007
Norfolk, Va
I tried out ES file explorer and I couldn't get it to recognize the folder. I do not think it offers the full features that root explorer dose.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk HD

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
Thanks man! Does root explorer dig deeper for files/folders? I have es file explorer but the only data folder I see is empty and I used the search in es file explorer for media but all thats in there are these in the screen shot. Im baffled!! I greatly appreciate your help!
eqe6yqyr.jpg

Press your menu key while in es file explorer on left side of screen click on tools scroll down to the root option and turn it on approve root then a new screen will pop up select mount read write on all options now you can see everything but hidden.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

blacksmith_84

Oct 30, 2011
Denver,CO
Press your menu key while in es file explorer on left side of screen click on tools scroll down to the root option and turn it on approve root then a new screen will pop up select mount read write on all options now you can see everything but hidden.

That did it, thank you guys for your all of your help!!! jlmancuso, you saved my sanity my friend I GREATLY appreciate you man!!! I bet this will help out my fellow noobs too lol!!Have a great day everyone! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: cuezaireekaa

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I tried out ES file explorer and I couldn't get it to recognize the folder. I do not think it offers the full features that root explorer dose.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk HD
    eqe6yqyr.jpg

That did it, thank you guys for your all of your help!!! jlmancuso, you saved my sanity my friend I GREATLY appreciate you man!!! I bet this will help out my fellow noobs too lol!!Have a great day everyone! :D