[Q] S4 sms's not being sent

Search This thread

acalora

Mar 21, 2014
Hello all,

First time poster here. Seems like a unique issue, as I have done some googling on this issue already to no avail. Anyways, whenever I try to send an sms, it says "sending" in the default (aosp) messaging app until it tells me that it failed to send. When I turn airplane mode on and then off again, the sms sends without any issues as soon as I regain service.

I am using cm-10.2.0-jfltevzw with the stock kernel. Not too many other things added to the phone that I imagine would affect it at all. I'm currently in the process of upgrading to cm-11-20140210-SNAPSHOT-M3-jfltevzw, but any help is greatly appreciated on this issue.

Thank you very much
-acalora

Update: Cleared data and cache, installed the cm11 snapshot, issue persists

Last edited:

yevgenydev

Apr 25, 2011
Just recently started having this in the last 24 hours. I have no flashed anything or done anything with the phone in quite some time. Still on MJ7 Radio and CM 10.2.1

acalora

Mar 21, 2014
I suggest reading through this linked thread.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2654822

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I ended up downgrading back to 10.2 since I liked the theme better actually. But yes, it does usually go about 1 or 2 texts and then I have to turn on airplane mode again and then off. But I'll give that thread a read, seems really interesting, my problem is similar to his, however I'm on 10.2 still.

EDIT: I read through the entire thing, no one seems to have found a solution just yet

Last edited:

yevgenydev

Apr 25, 2011
I ended up downgrading back to 10.2 since I liked the theme better actually. But yes, it does usually go about 1 or 2 texts and then I have to turn on airplane mode again and then off. But I'll give that thread a read, seems really interesting, my problem is similar to his, however I'm on 10.2 still.

EDIT: I read through the entire thing, no one seems to have found a solution just yet

Are you getting the SMS issue when you downgraded to 10.2?

thesoldier

Nov 18, 2012
Baltimore

It doesn't matter if you're on 10.2 or 11, the problem surfaced out of nowhere for people on both versions.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

yooeee

Feb 22, 2008
Tucson
welcome to hell... there's no consistent fix that works for everybody. some people found solutions that i tried and haven't worked. this sucks.

We might have figured out a solution

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51384688&postcount=203

1) dadoc04 showed that you can install the GPE ROM and get texts back that stuck after a clean CM or whatever ROM
2) I just tried installing the GPE ROM, got texts back, and it stuck after a nandroid backup restore. I also rebooted my phone since many people said the nvrestore method fails after a reboot, and SMS is still sending.

My theory is that your phone needs to be reprovisioned and somehow GPE does that. I could be totally wrong, but I'm sending SMS on LTE and that's all that really matters

Reactions: acalora

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    welcome to hell... there's no consistent fix that works for everybody. some people found solutions that i tried and haven't worked. this sucks.

We might have figured out a solution

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51384688&postcount=203

1) dadoc04 showed that you can install the GPE ROM and get texts back that stuck after a clean CM or whatever ROM
    2) I just tried installing the GPE ROM, got texts back, and it stuck after a nandroid backup restore. I also rebooted my phone since many people said the nvrestore method fails after a reboot, and SMS is still sending.

My theory is that your phone needs to be reprovisioned and somehow GPE does that. I could be totally wrong, but I'm sending SMS on LTE and that's all that really matters