DashClock. How to make it my default lock screen?

Search This thread

murf43143

Oct 29, 2007
I want to thank everyone on here for the replies over the last two days on my other questions.

One thing I want is to get DashClock as the default lock screen, but I can only get it to the "screen on the right of my normal launch screen" and am unable to delete the default lock screen and make DashClock take over the "one on the left" that is the default.

Has anyone gotten DashClock to work properly with the new HTC One, and if so, please tell me how.

Thank you all,

breakerfall

May 7, 2006
I haven't been able to figure out how to get a different widget on the "main" homescreen, either. I was able to swipe to the left (to go right) and place a widget on that homescreen, but no way to change the default that I can see.

I haven't been able to figure out how to get a different widget on the "main" homescreen, either. I was able to swipe to the left (to go right) and place a widget on that homescreen, but no way to change the default that I can see.

Not sure I understand your issue. You can remove the default widget(s) on the device by simply pressing and holding, then dragging them off the screen. You can also modify the home screens in Settings --> Personalize --> Manage Home Screen Pages. You can switch which screen is "home" and even remove a whole screen.

As far as adding apps/widgets/homescreens, just press and hold a blank space on the screen and utilize the dropdown menu.

I have Dashclock running just fine on my M8, and use it for Daydream. Only issue I don't like is that to get it to Daydream horizontally, I have to start Daydream manually with the phone horizontal. Wish it would autosense that.

Last edited:

murf43143

Oct 29, 2007
Not sure I understand your issue. You can remove the default widget(s) on the device by simply pressing and holding, then dragging them off the screen. You can also modify the home screens in Settings --> Personalize --> Manage Home Screen Pages. You can switch which screen is "home" and even remove a whole screen.

As far as adding apps/widgets/homescreens, just press and hold a blank space on the screen and utilize the dropdown menu.

I have Dashclock running just fine on my M8, and use it for Daydream. Only issue I don't like is that to get it to Daydream horizontally, I have to start Daydream manually with the phone horizontal. Wish it would autosense that.

Like everyone else is stating, we can add DashClock to the right, move, edit and remove the DashClock lock widget screen, but it is always to the right of the "home lock screen" thus if I want to see it I need to swipe from the very top of the lock screen to see what is to the right of it.

The "home lock screen" is unable to be "removed' since the "remove" button is greyed out for that, I can only "edit". When I want to remove or edit the DashClock lock screen both the "edit" and "remove" are available, but not on the default lock screen widget.

No one else has bene able to get DashClock on the main lock screen because I can't drag DashClock to the left, and I can't drag the home screen lock widget to the right, even though I can see both when I have DashClock "held down" to move, it just won't go to the left of the defaul "home lock screen" to then make DashClock the default view.

murf43143

Oct 29, 2007
Doesn't work you can't move or remove the main lock screen. I can edit and move and lock screens I add to the right, but not the default main one.

Sent from my 831C using xda app-developers app

siksik6

Apr 2, 2004
Not for dash clock but for Nils you can use the floating widget and it works fine

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

murf43143

Oct 29, 2007
So has anyone figured a way to remove the crappy default lock screen widget? I don't get why anyone would want to use this ****ty one when Dashclock is far superiour.

I still can't remove the main widget OR get the Dashclock to become the main widget "on the left".

Anyone?

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
You normally have to go to Settings>Security and allow widgets first, then you can add a new one and delete the original (at least that's how you do it on the Nexus 5)

Reactions: classic757

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
Taken from the HTC support site...

Adding a widget on the lock screen
Choose from our selection of lock screen widgets.
Important: Before you can add a widget on the lock screen, you must select the Enable lock screen widgets option in Settings > Security.
On the lock screen, pull from the right edge until you see a + icon.
Tap + .
Tap a widget that you want to add to the lock screen.
Moving or deleting a lock screen widget
On the lock screen, pull from the right edge until you see the widget you want to move or delete.
Press and hold the widget, and then drag it left or right to the position that you want.
Press and hold the widget, and then drag it to to remove it.

http://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-one-m8/howto/464924.html

murf43143

Oct 29, 2007
Taken from the HTC support site...

Adding a widget on the lock screen
Choose from our selection of lock screen widgets.
Important: Before you can add a widget on the lock screen, you must select the Enable lock screen widgets option in Settings > Security.
On the lock screen, pull from the right edge until you see a + icon.
Tap + .
Tap a widget that you want to add to the lock screen.
Moving or deleting a lock screen widget
On the lock screen, pull from the right edge until you see the widget you want to move or delete.
Press and hold the widget, and then drag it left or right to the position that you want.
Press and hold the widget, and then drag it to to remove it.

http://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-one-m8/howto/464924.html

Eddy, thank you for the reply but clearly you haven't read a single thing on this thread. Anyone can add as many widgets as they want, but they can't delete the default one on the home screen, so we are stuck with it because the "remove" is greyed out for the default. I can have DashClock widget to the right of my main one, but that does no one any good.

It is impossible to remove the default widget, or move it to a position where it is not the default. The only way to get DashClock widget properly installed on this ever increasingly ****ty phone is to pay $2.99 for a program to unlock it.

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
Eddy, thank you for the reply but clearly you haven't read a single thing on this thread. Anyone can add as many widgets as they want, but they can't delete the default one on the home screen, so we are stuck with it because the "remove" is greyed out for the default. I can have DashClock widget to the right of my main one, but that does no one any good.

It is impossible to remove the default widget, or move it to a position where it is not the default. The only way to get DashClock widget properly installed on this ever increasingly ****ty phone is to pay $2.99 for a program to unlock it.

Chill, dude - I had read it, just missed the bit about the stock one being greyed out, just thought you were having issues making the new one the 'home' one! Surprised HTC have done that, kinda sucks as I prefer to have Chronus as my lockscreen widget of choice...

shorty1483

...just thought you were having issues making the new one the 'home' one!

this is the product of the f***ing Standard clock on the 1st Lockscreen page. You cannot delete it, you cannot move it to 2nd Screen, so to have a e.g. nice Dashclock, you always have to Swipe right or left.

Dirty solution atm for me is NiLS with Floating Panel on stock lockscreen. I would use the AOSP lockscreen with Dashclock (running ViperOne), but it's lacking off DoubleTap2Wake function. And after 1 week, it's a thing Icannot live without anymore :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You normally have to go to Settings>Security and allow widgets first, then you can add a new one and delete the original (at least that's how you do it on the Nexus 5)
    AOSP Lock Screen

I haven't tried this yet on my M8 so YMMV, but it worked for getting the AOSP lock screen on my Sense M7...requires root...

Titanium backup
    Backup/Uninstall HTC lock screen
    Reboot
    Terminal or ADB
    su
    am start -n com.google.android.setupwizard/.SetupWizardTestActivity;