Rooted AT&T Moto X on 4.4....how to install 4.4.2

Search This thread

97vulcan

Mar 26, 2014
Hey Guys,

I've got a my AT&T Moto X rooted on 4.4, but I'd like to install 4.4.2 and remain rooted.

I've got a locked bootloader, but I'm having a hard time finding the steps necessary to update the OS, and stay rooted. Can someone point me in the right direction? I've used the search feature, and found info on safestrap, and the ATT 1058.XML, but I cannot find the correct version of SafeStrap needed, and detailed instructions.

Thanks in advance!

KidJoe

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2008
Thorndale/Romansville, PA
If your bootloader is unlocked, flash the SBF of ATT's 4.4.2 (there is a thread telling you how to return to 100% stock using RSDLite), then follow the thread telling you how to root a developer edition X.

97vulcan

Mar 26, 2014
If your bootloader is unlocked, flash the SBF of ATT's 4.4.2 (there is a thread telling you how to return to 100% stock using RSDLite), then follow the thread telling you how to root a developer edition X.

My Bootloader is locked...I can't find the steps to update to 4.4.2 with a locked bootloader.

KidJoe

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2008
Thorndale/Romansville, PA
My Bootloader is locked...I can't find the steps to update to 4.4.2 with a locked bootloader.

There isn't much here about using Safestrap with the X.. Rootzwiki.com has a few threads.

I haven't used it, so I don't know if there is a 4.4.2 for Safestrap on ATT.

Since the Chinese website/middleman thread is back up, you can try and get a bootloader unlock code that way.

Ctrl-Freak

Oct 15, 2013
Last edited:
Reactions: 97vulcan and KidJoe

Top Liked Posts