CWM for Xperia S/Acro HD

Search This thread

tommyrumbler

Nov 14, 2011
MANILA
here's a quick and very easy guide on how to install CWM on Xperia 2012 line ups.

just download the CWM install file

SO-03D / Acro S here
Xperia S here (big props to PuriketsuAngel)

unzip folder
connect phone normally via USB to your PC
go to unzipped folder, execute install.bat

that's it, CWM installed.

to go to recovery mode - just restart device (turn off, turn on) and while on the SE logo, simply tap the screen of your phone several times.

up and down volume keys will serve as your directional keys, camera button will serve as "select/ok" key.
and yep, back and home buttons work within the CWM environment.

note: when you choose to restart/reboot system now while on CWM screen, phone will turn off.(it does on mine). just restart normally - like pressing on the power button to turn it on. :D

Device must be rooted. we got a tut on how to root your device even on locked BL here

N O T E
This is a work around if restoring from previous back up is giving you error.

Back up :
Before doing a NAND back up - please do a manual reset of your device - no additional Apps must be installed. Also clear/delete any left over folders from your SD card.
Restart device then tap screen several times - once in CWM - clear cache/dalvik cache.
Then and only here would you do a back up for your ROM.

Restore :
Before doing a restore - please do a manual reset of your device - turn device off, hold vol-up and power button at the same time until you get 3 vibrates.

Now you can do restore.
if this CWM version is still giving you errors : please provide a detailed account of the error message, a logcat will be appreciated.

this thread is no longer supported.
for a better Recovery feature and support, kindly visit this thread:
thanks to LeDelete

Last edited:

Felimenta97

Aug 5, 2011
Ribeirão Preto
Good to hear. But I will wait for someone to confirm this. Kinda scared (I had another device, and modded it a lot, but I'm quite noob to XS yet)

tommyrumbler

Nov 14, 2011
MANILA
nothing to be scared about. the guide is fairly easy to follow and no special key combination required. the process just installs CWM on your recovery partition.

Reactions: Felimenta97

Felimenta97

Aug 5, 2011
Ribeirão Preto
nothing to be scared about. the guide is fairly easy to follow and no special key combination required. the process just installs CWM on your recovery partition.

Ok. I think I will do it. But you will buy me another one if this one bricks (JK... :D )

EDIT: It was easier than i thought. Thanks, it works :)

EDIT 2: Home and back buttons work :D

Last edited:

waiflih

Mar 10, 2011
Santiago
Good point... let's hope someone find a way to unlock the BL or start making cool roms for stock kernel :D

EDIT:

Som questions regarding this:

- If we reflash the firmware, we lose cwm?
if not, I know we lose root, but with cwm can we root again?

PS: somehow now I have a backup I feel safer xD

Last edited:

Felimenta97

Aug 5, 2011
Ribeirão Preto
Good point... let's hope someone find a way to unlock the BL or start making cool roms for stock kernel :D

EDIT:

Som questions regarding this:

- If we reflash the firmware, we lose cwm?
if not, I know we lose root, but with cwm can we root again?

PS: somehow now I have a backup I feel safer xD

You can unlock your bootloader if your device allows it.

lilude56214

Feb 16, 2012
what's the difference with our current cwm ? Sorry if i didn't regconize something important here :)

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

P

pradeep19922

Is this working in ICS 4.0.4 rooted or works only with GB rooted ?

P

pradeep19922

is it possible to flash FXP128- CM9.0 - FreeXperia Project using the CWM (My bootloader status is locked )

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    here's a quick and very easy guide on how to install CWM on Xperia 2012 line ups.

just download the CWM install file

SO-03D / Acro S here
    Xperia S here (big props to PuriketsuAngel)

unzip folder
    connect phone normally via USB to your PC
    go to unzipped folder, execute install.bat

that's it, CWM installed.

to go to recovery mode - just restart device (turn off, turn on) and while on the SE logo, simply tap the screen of your phone several times.

up and down volume keys will serve as your directional keys, camera button will serve as "select/ok" key.
    and yep, back and home buttons work within the CWM environment.

note: when you choose to restart/reboot system now while on CWM screen, phone will turn off.(it does on mine). just restart normally - like pressing on the power button to turn it on. :D

Device must be rooted. we got a tut on how to root your device even on locked BL here

N O T E
    This is a work around if restoring from previous back up is giving you error.

Back up :
    Before doing a NAND back up - please do a manual reset of your device - no additional Apps must be installed. Also clear/delete any left over folders from your SD card.
    Restart device then tap screen several times - once in CWM - clear cache/dalvik cache.
    Then and only here would you do a back up for your ROM.

Restore :
    Before doing a restore - please do a manual reset of your device - turn device off, hold vol-up and power button at the same time until you get 3 vibrates.

Now you can do restore.
    if this CWM version is still giving you errors : please provide a detailed account of the error message, a logcat will be appreciated.

this thread is no longer supported.
    for a better Recovery feature and support, kindly visit this thread:
    thanks to LeDelete
    Don't worry mate :p
    Thanks you for your good work!

hello.thanks a lot.
    i don't have Xperia S.
    did it work well??

Xperia 2012's CWM v2.0 is here for SO-03D & acro S.
    http://blog.dream-pro.info/2012/07/08/330
    this site is wrote Xperia NX user.
    possibly,it works well too Xperia S...

and,it is here that i remaked recovery.tar for Xperia acro HD SO-03D and Xperia NX(i put in dropbox with obtain a creator's permission,therefore, please avoid a direct link)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bokd4hbn0atcvge/2yfanlzd68

sorry,i didn't know that post1 was v10.
    so,i posted recovery.tar for Xperia 2012's CWM v2.0.
    sorry...
    FIX for charging

hello,

can you try this one http://www.mediafire.com/?q73yd2yd5335587 it will only FIX the charging problem with BATTERY LOGO :cool:
    This recovery.tar is a Japanese made for ICS.

http://ubuntuone.com/1xWZXeUG9puCKYDAG8Rzla

Ok. I think I will do it. But you will buy me another one if this one bricks (JK... :D )

EDIT: It was easier than i thought. Thanks, it works :)

EDIT 2: Home and back buttons work :D