[Q] Help needed - Stuck on boot screen.

Search This thread

Carwin

Jul 23, 2007
Posted this issue in the [RECOVERY][NONTOUCH][JB] ClockWorkMod Recovery v6.0.1.4 thread. (See quotes.) No need to spam that thread further, so i'll move it here :fingers-crossed:

Failed to flash CWM-touch via fastboot. Tried to reboot and now I'm stuck on boot screen. I can't boot into recovery,only fastboot.
Tried to re-flash official cwm-recovery, but it stopped right after the progress bar came up..
Found out i can also access recovery mode (CWM 6.0.1.3) via the 'wipe data' option.
I have tried to restore backup from recovery, and re-flash rom, but when rebooting it stops at ASUS (Inspiring Innovation...) boot screen.
I managed to flash the 6.0.1.4 CWM recovery zip-file. Then i flashed the .30 update with no errors.
I'm still stucked at the bootscreen.
Installed new ASUS firmware (10.4.4.16) from CWM recovery, everything seemed fine while flashing.
Stopped at boot screen...

So, no matter what i do it won't boot.
I have the nvflash files stored.
Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Oct 4, 2012
Just commenting to say that I am having the same problem. In fact this problem has got me so stumped I actually decided to register instead of lurk around hoping to find the answer. My problem may be slightly different however, while apparently stuck at the boot screen, my Transformer is actually entering fastboot mode directly from boot. Finally, I will add I place the blame on myself because I didn't read the original thread to see that the 6.0.1.4 recovery is for JB systems.

georgecarstoiu

Jun 10, 2012
Aarhus / Denmark
OnePlus 7T
Well, something similar happened to me. Didn't read enough and installed CWM 6.0.1.3, try to do a factory reset through the wipe data in fastboot, and now my tablet only boots into CWM 6.0.1.3 which doesn't even work - Vol+ and Vol- buttons don't help me move through the menu.

If you have any ideas please let me know - and no, I don't have a nvflash backup, only a normal CWM one which I don't know how to restore :|

Oct 4, 2012
I wanted to post that I finally got my tf700 working. I don't know which steps are necessary but I'm going to post all I did.

1. Download latest jb build from ASUS
2. From Recovery wipe system data and cache
3. From Recovery flash the jb rom US_epad-user-10.4.4.16.zip
4. Reboot into fastboot
5. Download stock jb kernel from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1919961
6. Extract blob file from zip
7. Run this command
Code:
fastboot -i 0x0b05 flash boot blob
8. System rebooted automatically and said it recognized the signature and flashed the kernel. At this point the boot screen show "Device is unlocked" again. And holding down power and volume let me get to recovery directly
9. From Recovery flash the jb rom US_epad-user-10.4.4.16.zip (I had to do this step again)
10. Reboot system and it booted into jb

redheadplantguy

May 10, 2011
Louisville KY
I wanted to post that I finally got my tf700 working. I don't know which steps are necessary but I'm going to post all I did.

4. Reboot into fastboot
7. Run this command
Code:
8. System rebooted automatically and said it recognized the signature and flashed the kernel. At this point the boot screen show "Device is unlocked" again. And holding down power and volume let me get to recovery directly
9. From Recovery flash the jb rom US_epad-user-10.4.4.16.zip (I had to do this step again)

my tab is stuck too. Still locked, and I only have stock recovery. I tried the soft brick fix in the "All in one guide". Didn't work. Any help please?

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
my tab is stuck too. Still locked, and I only have stock recovery. I tried the soft brick fix in the "All in one guide". Didn't work. Any help please?

Give us some more info about your setup, what version you're on (.26, .30, JB), can you access stock recovery? How did you try to recover?

okantomi

Feb 20, 2011
Boston, MA
Just commenting to say that I am having the same problem. In fact this problem has got me so stumped I actually decided to register instead of lurk around hoping to find the answer. My problem may be slightly different however, while apparently stuck at the boot screen, my Transformer is actually entering fastboot mode directly from boot. Finally, I will add I place the blame on myself because I didn't read the original thread to see that the 6.0.1.4 recovery is for JB systems.
Perhaps you could try to fastboot flash the TWRP 2.2.2.2 recovery for your Infinity (either 32GB or 64GB model). I'm pretty sure it says it can be used with ICS and JB bootloaders.

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

4. Reboot into fastboot
7. Run this command
Code:
Or at the last step, instead of reflashing the ASUS JB update, you could flash the CleanROM v1.3 and you will have rooted, stock-based JellyBean with everything working!

Oct 4, 2012
Perhaps you could try to fastboot flash the TWRP 2.2.2.2 recovery for your Infinity (either 32GB or 64GB model). I'm pretty sure it says it can be used with ICS and JB bootloaders.

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Or at the last step, instead of reflashing the ASUS JB update, you could flash the CleanROM v1.3 and you will have rooted, stock-based JellyBean with everything working!

I will add that prior to getting it working I tried flashing all the available recoveries trying to get my tablet working again. In the end it seems that the important steps to getting my tablet working were flashing stock jelly bean and then the stock kernel separately. Once I had done those 2 steps probably could have flashed any available ROM. Fortunately at this point I'm pretty good at flashing recoveries through fastboot so I have no doubt I'll be able to get custom ROM working again.