Butterfly...

Search This thread

ajftl

Mar 30, 2010
On the x920e there is a NFC app but it seems to be some type of chinese crapware that I just haven't frozen yet. In settings, go to More - there should be a NFC option. If I tick the box next to it the letter "N" appear in the status bar next to the wifi icon.

I don't think the 920d have nfc. I don't see it in settings/more
Nope it doesn't....

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

ajftl

Mar 30, 2010
How's your 1 week testing going? You think you will stay with the device?

So far I'm in love with it. Battery is pretty damn good. Got better after a few charge. The screen is just insane dude. Fast responsive. Good camera. Kinda hate the fc wide angle makes people at both ends of picture look morphed. Lol.

actowbow

Jan 17, 2013
HTC Butterfly X920e

Working in China and bought this phone recently without realizing that there is no Google Play but instead factory load "HTC marketplace" with Chinese apps (copied into Chinese version). Contacted HTC China technical support, they only said sorry and sorry this phone cannot have Google Play and for China users only......

The software information
Android 4.1.1
HTC Sense 4+
Software No. 1.0.0.X920e
HTC SDK API level 4.64
HTC Extention version HTCExtention_Sense45_4
Kernel 3.4.10-g15e6480 root@abm016 #1 SMP PREEMPT
Baseband vrsion 32A.21.306.10_10.04.1060.01D
Build no 1/08.1400.6 CL138781 release-keys
Browser version WebKit/534.30

Can experts help me how to load Google Play? I am not tech savvy.....

jlevy73

Nov 8, 2009
Los Angeles
Working in China and bought this phone recently without realizing that there is no Google Play but instead factory load "HTC marketplace" with Chinese apps (copied into Chinese version). Contacted HTC China technical support, they only said sorry and sorry this phone cannot have Google Play and for China users only......

The software information
Android 4.1.1
HTC Sense 4+
Software No. 1.0.0.X920e
HTC SDK API level 4.64

Yes, China has disgraced Android by removing all Google apps from their devices. I'm not even sure you can call a device Android without Google Apps. China should be ***** slapped for crippling the device in this fashion.

Anyway, this is why XDA exists. To get google apps follow the instructions below. Should take you about 10 minutes to complete. Thanks to Red_Trala for the writeup.

Post #26 from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2070341&page=3

Raspster

Jun 21, 2007
So far I'm in love with it. Battery is pretty damn good. Got better after a few charge. The screen is just insane dude. Fast responsive. Good camera. Kinda hate the fc wide angle makes people at both ends of picture look morphed. Lol.

I'm thinking about getting this too. What carrier are you using..? How is your HSPA signal..? Also, no wireless charging..? But at least you have the microSD slot for extra storage. That's a hard trade off due to the damn flap on the bottom. I tested the DNA for a few weeks but due to the fact that I don't get 4gLTE in my town and I get better signal and better data on at&t in my town, I'm sticking with at&t. The one thing I did love was the wireless charging so I didn't need to mess with the flap. I can only see that getting worn down/damaged over time. :(

actowbow

Jan 17, 2013
Yes, China has disgraced Android by removing all Google apps from their devices. I'm not even sure you can call a device Android without Google Apps. China should be ***** slapped for crippling the device in this fashion.

Anyway, this is why XDA exists. To get google apps follow the instructions below. Should take you about 10 minutes to complete. Thanks to Red_Trala for the writeup.

HTC Global site official reply...

Thank you for contacting HTC.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience. Since your handset is shipping to China. As you know, for some business reason Google do not serve for China any more. Then Chinese Government won’t allow Google apps installed in the handset. In the Android system, HTC won’t install the Google play store for the device which is shipping to China. Because all the software in the HTC handset need to be verified by Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of the People's Republic of China. So we are very sorry to say that we can’t help you to install the Google Play. If you want to download some apps which you can’t found in HTC marketplace , may be you can try to search on the other website. Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again. We look forward to be of service to you again.

Have a nice day!
UNQUOTE

BTW, I have 3 other HTC Sensation (with Chinese SIM/Nos), One X and One X+ (bought in Malaysia) and the Google Play Store work fine here except that I just can't connect the Facebook, YouTube and those banned in China. When returning to Malaysia they are normalise. This crap about Chinese Ministry is b/s and that would just encourage foreigners bringing their own phones or buy foreign phones from gery market, that's help the economy....

Last edited:

jlevy73

Nov 8, 2009
Los Angeles

We are very sorry for the inconvenience. Since your handset is shipping to China. As you know, for some business reason Google do not serve for China any more. Then Chinese Government won’t allow Google apps installed in the handset. In the Android system, HTC won’t install the Google play store for the device which is shipping to China. Because all the software in the HTC handset need to be verified by Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of the People's Republic of China. So we are very sorry to say that we can’t help you to install the Google Play. If you want to download some apps which you can’t found in HTC marketplace , may be you can try to search on the other website. Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again. We look forward to be of service to you again.

Have a nice day!
UNQUOTE

BTW, I have 3 other HTC Sensation (with Chinese SIM/Nos), One X and One X+ (bought in Malaysia) and the Google Play Store work fine here except that I just can't connect the Facebook, YouTube and those banned in China. When returning to Malaysia they are normalise. This crap about Chinese Ministry is b/s and that would just encourage foreigners bringing their own phones or buy foreign phones from gery market, that's help the economy....

That's why I unlocked and rooted the device. And for youtube and facebook, a good VPN will fix that. On the bright side China could require all devices be shipped with an encrypted bootloader. So at least the option is still available to root and get google play on the device.

actowbow

Jan 17, 2013
HTC Butterfly X920e

That's why I unlocked and rooted the device. And for youtube and facebook, a good VPN will fix that. On the bright side China could require all devices be shipped with an encrypted bootloader. So at least the option is still available to root and get google play on the device.

Thanks jievy. I read your post also in other thread pertaining to X920e and at my age of 53, I can be so proud about what you guys can do. Unless the is a step by step tutorial, I doubt I dare to do anything to the phone. Butterfly is not yet launch in Malaysia and doubt anyone has a clue how to deal with this and remain helplessly stupid.

Anyone signing in from China that I can call for help?

v-b-n

Feb 17, 2010
Singapore
Be patient sir ... in a few days you should see custom ROMs and fixes popping up for the international version ... that would be the first sign of good things to come :)

trigasly

Jan 24, 2013
i need help

please i just bought htc x920e in china. i am not chinese so i flashed the virtuous dna plus rom. if i flash the boot, my screen displays coloured lines after the htc logo. When i flash the initial boot.img the wifi and the fromt camera dont work. what should i do?

matiu

Dec 26, 2007
Hi guys, I've the butterfly 920d (recently selled also in USA), what about rooting and unlocking?
There is a guide for this device?

v-b-n

Feb 17, 2010
Singapore
Unlock the normal htcdev way and install twrp recovery from here -
http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/142

Use any supersu zip to root it ... Note that the stock Rom doesn't like to stay rooted and gives trouble after some time , so better install custom Rom instead like virtuous

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using xda premium

actowbow

Jan 17, 2013
HTC Butterfly X920e

......and counting....

I lodged a formal inquiry in HTC Global site about my X920e and subsequnetly someone from HTC, presumably from Customer Service desk, called me. I learn a new word "unfortunate".

They were adamant that the Chinese sets is imbeded with software cannot be removed even when I can forgo the warranty and handsets sell in other country has different regional software. Therefore it's unfortunate that I have to live with my Chinese X920e as per factory preloaded setting i.e. without Google Play Store. I have asked off the record, what can I do since such phone just half smart and I cannot read Chinese language or use Chinese apps, without second guess "Sir, it is unfortunate that the Chinese X920e set cannot be loaded with foreign apps nor Google Play Store"...

It made me really stupid for the decision buying the phone here in China............. but I am in opinion someone in XDA Developers must be able to help an old man that is not tech savvy with fancy phone get software similar those HTC Butterfly smartphone outside China. Is the HTC Butterfly International ROM, once released - as claimed by someone earlier - solving the issue?

actowbow

Jan 17, 2013
I lodged a formal inquiry in HTC Global site about my X920e and subsequnetly someone from HTC, presumably from Customer Service desk, called me. I learn a new word "unfortunate".

They were adamant that the Chinese sets is imbeded with software cannot be removed even when I can forgo the warranty and handsets sell in other country has different regional software. Therefore it's unfortunate that I have to live with my Chinese X920e as per factory preloaded setting i.e. without Google Play Store. I have asked off the record, what can I do since such phone just half smart and I cannot read Chinese language or use Chinese apps, without second guess "Sir, it is unfortunate that the Chinese X920e set cannot be loaded with foreign apps nor Google Play Store"...

It made me really stupid for the decision buying the phone here in China............. but I am in opinion someone in XDA Developers must be able to help an old man that is not tech savvy with fancy phone get software similar those HTC Butterfly smartphone outside China. Is the HTC Butterfly International ROM, once released - as claimed by someone earlier - solving the issue?

...and Australia has X920e too, so users in Australia will not have Google Play Store too? HTC BULL**** BIG TIME. IMBEDED MY FOOT!

Anyone has Australian software?

v-b-n

Feb 17, 2010
Singapore
Since you will need to install other/custom ROMs, I am assuming you are unlocked with recovery installed or ready to take that step... if yes, then here is a custom ROM that should work on x920e -> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2095683

PS - Make sure to download the x920e variant as given in the OP and not any other

dcupware

Jan 14, 2013
İstanbul
I am also using Chinese Butterfly x920e. Just root your phone and flash the custom rom that is mentioned above.

You will have all Google applications, including Google play. That is what I did and I am really happy now. Also you will have any language you need, I am using Turkish at the moment.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The software information
    Android 4.1.1
    HTC Sense 4+
    Software No. 1.0.0.X920e
    HTC SDK API level 4.64

Have a nice day!
    UNQUOTE

Actually, no too bad. I've heard someone saying it's possible to watch full hd movies for more than 4 hours.

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using xda app-developers app