How to install certificate on android?

Search This thread

Stanimir Komitov

Apr 24, 2008
Hey,

Recently a new security rule was set for my exchange server.
Now i have to install a certificate on the device in order to synchronize.
I have it in 2 versions - *.*cer and *.*cab
Appreciate if anyone can share with mе how to install it.

Thanks!

Last edited:
C

chemist80

i've been having this issue as well, so far I haven't found away to do it :(

stalvatero

Dec 9, 2008
Napoli
Same problem. I've to syncronize my work exchange account, but it requires to install a .cer certificate.

Anyone can help us?

Stanimir Komitov

Apr 24, 2008
Same problem. I've to syncronize my work exchange account, but it requires to install a .cer certificate.

Anyone can help us?

Hey guys, got it! http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?...market://search?q=pname:com.nitrodesk.nitroid
It's on the market. Works perfect, it has great design and it's exactly for our problem. I did have some issues with the authentication because the exchange allows only WM devices but the developer was so kind and helpful to find a solution.
It has 5 days trial. You can try if it works with your exchange servers.
The app is simply amazing allowing you to install 2 different types of certificates.
Will buy the license for sure.
Finally!

salamandar

Feb 18, 2009
I concur, Nitroid's "Touchdown" works wonderfully. And I cannot say enough about the tech support. In the early versions (which were a bit buggy but still worked well) they staff was responsive and helpful in what turned out to be a very stupid config error on my end. They were willing to help me troubleshoot multiple times (thru e-mail but extremely fast, I have a gmail thread with about 6 or 7 responses in a row in one day). When all was said and done I was left with a "now that's how you handle a frustrated customer!" feeling, in a word, they rock!

P.S Touchdown allows you to choose which folders from your server you wish to see if your like me and don't have everything flooding your inbox. That was a big issue for me on the old work email app from the earlier Hero roms.

kathey

Jun 6, 2009
.cer files import SUCCESSFULLY to get exchange sync

Just got a Sprint HTC EVO running Android (GREAT PHONE!!).
Found out from several posts that there is a function
Settings -> Security -> Install from SD Card
that imports .p12 certificates from the root of the SD Card.
:) Found out that it recognizes and successfully imports .cer certificate files too!!.
[Warning, you can use usb to copy the certificate to the root of your SD Card, but be sure to disconnect otherwise the "Install from SD Card" will be greyed out.]

britinparis

Aug 14, 2010
hi Kathey
I managed to copy and install the certificate following your instructions but it is still impossible to download attachements can you do it?

I don't know if the certificate was recognized by my HTC Desire.

I've tried everything and I am so disappointed i really need my connection to exchange to open up the attachments.

caro23

May 18, 2009
:) Found out that it recognizes and successfully imports .cer certificate files too!!.
[Warning, you can use usb to copy the certificate to the root of your SD Card, but be sure to disconnect otherwise the "Install from SD Card" will be greyed out.]
@kathey: Just an addition

.cer certificates are normally encoded in DER/binary. Android cannot read these files!
You may need to convert the certificates to Standard PEM (normally with .crt file extension).

Reactions: jobless

SonofSoong

Mar 24, 2010
I was able to import a PEM BASE64 certificate I exported from the Windows MMC (certmgr.msc) into my G2 after changing the file extension from .cer to .crt :)

Last edited:
Reactions: madefree and smolam

Docsboard

May 17, 2006
US of A
www.docsboard.com

.cer certificates are normally encoded in DER/binary. Android cannot read these files!
You may need to convert the certificates to Standard PEM (normally with .crt file extension).

Has anyone used these certificates to read encrypted email successfully on the Android, I can install the certificate from SD card, but cannot decrypt encrypted email, I could do this on windows mobile 5!!! Am I missing a step or funciotnality not available yet on Froyo 2.2

CtapukaH

Oct 8, 2010
Milano
I was trying to install .cer and .crt certificates onto my HTC Desire and it kept saying "No certificates to install" when selecting the files in the root folder of the SD card. Then I generated a .p12 format file, which seemed to work. I don't know if it was because of the format readability or the earlier files were corrupt. Might be helpful.

the procedure: Settings > Security > Install from SD card (u should see the certificate files here if any present on your SD card root folder).

Cheers.

_imac_

Aug 5, 2011
Kiev
Where can I get the certificate for the Cisco Any Connect ? How can I generate it?? Help please!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    .cer files import SUCCESSFULLY to get exchange sync

I was able to import a PEM BASE64 certificate I exported from the Windows MMC (certmgr.msc) into my G2 after changing the file extension from .cer to .crt :)

This worked for me as well.
    You can check your corporative email using a certificate file with SecureEAS app, is on the market, and it's free.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.metaworldsolutions.froyo.android.email