[ROM][5.1.1_r12][p6800/p6810/i815](26Sep2015)OmniROM-Homemade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

p3dboard

Oct 20, 2013
Bug report: probably due to the driver issues Daniel mentioned, but video capture just produces a green image.

so_ang

Dec 3, 2004
Just test result [emoji517]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1427522649105.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1427522649105.png
    61.8 KB · Views: 1,197
  • uploadfromtaptalk1427522663640.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1427522663640.png
    67.2 KB · Views: 1,165
  • uploadfromtaptalk1427522673012.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1427522673012.png
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,164

p3dboard

Oct 20, 2013
I just tried to activate the gpu over clocking and rebooted, but only got a black screen. I then wiped /system, /data, /cache and davlik cache and reinstalled omni 5.1,gapps and supersu. However it still would not boot. So i have flashed carbon rom 4.4.4 and it's booted fine.

Does anyone know where the flag is to enable gpu overclocking?

p3dboard

Oct 20, 2013
Looking forward to trying Daniels next build of Omnirom as well, he has video playback mostly working in cm 12.1, which hopefully means hecan do the same in omnirom. I am currently using his cm 12.1 build, but i think omni was a bit smoother. However this may just be some bugs as cm 12.1 on my galaxy s2 is running really smooth. Nice to have options. Thanks Daniel.

Reactions: daniel_hk

p3dboard

Oct 20, 2013
Hi Daniel, just wondering if you could tell me where the flag is that enables gpu overclocking in omni 5.1, i need to remove it as i can't get omnirom 5.1 to boot, after the Samsung logo i just get a black screen, no omnirom boot animation. I can flash omni 4.4.4 and it boots fine, i can also flash cm 12.1, but when i try to reflash omnirom 5.1 it always gives me a black screen. This has only happened since i tried to enable the gpu overclocking.

daniel_hk

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 12, 2012
Hong Kong
Realme X2
Hi Daniel, just wondering if you could tell me where the flag is that enables gpu overclocking in omni 5.1, i need to remove it as i can't get omnirom 5.1 to boot, after the Samsung logo i just get a black screen, no omnirom boot animation. I can flash omni 4.4.4 and it boots fine, i can also flash cm 12.1, but when i try to reflash omnirom 5.1 it always gives me a black screen. This has only happened since i tried to enable the gpu overclocking.
It depends on how you do it.
Usually a factory reset will straight things up.

Last edited:

p3dboard

Oct 20, 2013
It depends on how you do it.
Usually a factory reset will straight things up.
It turns out i must have had a corrupted zip file, i re-downloaded the omni 5.1 zip for my p6810 and it booted fine, no black screen.

With supersu flashed, i have settings - > Performance - > gpu available.

Problem solved. Thanks for replying :)

NakedFaerie

Mar 26, 2005
Where is the download? I click the link and it says I dont have access to that file. I guess its deleted or something?

Anyone got a new link? I would really like to try this out as the current ROM I have has graphical problems and needs an update.

NakedFaerie

Mar 26, 2005
I have only been able to download it from the Chinese hosting site, the bottom option. I also get the same message as you on Android hosting
Thanks for that, the chinese site does work and getting it now. :)
EDIT: I downloaded it twice and both times I get errors when trying to install. (Status 7) If that means anything?
What firmware should I use as a base? I think I'm using CWM recovery, I'll switch to TWRP and see how that goes. TWRP worked. :) Its now installed. Just looking for root.

My next problem is where can I get SuperSU-24x.zip? I've been searching and google keeps sending me back to this thread but there is no link.

Last edited:

rebski

Jul 18, 2010
The best ROM yet imho

I spent a day or so switching back and forth between Cyanogen Mod 12.1 and OmniROM 5.1. The Cyanogen seemed to be a bit too unstable for every day whereas the OmniROM is superb and highly polished by comparison.
Other users experiences may vary of course but it is perfectly good enough for me to use as my every day o/s and, a few niggles aside, is probably the best ROM yet.

There are a few bits to be sorted and which I am sure will be taken care of in the next release. Here are my observations to date:-

YouTube: Audio only, no Video. But that is probably what is meant in the OP "Known Issue: 3. Hardware decoding for video not working”

Adobe Flash: Doesn't seem to work but that might be related to the Hardware decoding already mentioned?

Bluetooth: Fitness trackers require Bluetooth v4.0 BLE and it shouldn't be expected that they work with our Bluetooth v3.0 devices.
The Xiaomi Mi Band is instantly recognised by Settings/Bluetooth but pairing has proved to be elusive. Reports on various forums suggest that the Mi Band is finicky even on BLE compatible devices.
The Microsoft Band has difficulty being recognised but with a bit of toggling Bluetooth On/Off on both devices eventually it will pair. Once paired it seems to stay that way. Having just purchased a Band this is a wonderful result otherwise I would have had to buy a new device.
Lego Mindstorms EV3 pairs instantly.

WiFi: It doesn't hold WiFi password which has to be frequently re-entered both on start up and wake up.

Stability: Very good but with very occasional hangs, locks and reboots but nothing severe and reducing with use.

Errors: On start up it frequently reports "Process system isn't responding. Do you want to close it?"

Screen Brightness: Much brighter

If any other observations crop up I shall post them. All in all I can't praise this ROM enough. :good:

Last edited:
Reactions: TrashX

p3dboard

Oct 20, 2013
Hi Daniel, Any chance of a new build of this rom? Cm 12.1 for me so far seems to just be a little too unstable for general use. Would love to try a new build of omnirom. Thanks for your work :)

Reactions: daniel_hk

rebski

Jul 18, 2010
Hi Daniel, Any chance of a new build of this rom? Cm 12.1 for me so far seems to just be a little too unstable for general use. Would love to try a new build of omnirom. Thanks for your work :)
I too am looking forward to the next build. I am sure Daniel will make it available just as soon as it is ready.

In the meantime it is holding up well.

Last edited:

aemee

Feb 15, 2011
had this for about a week. other than the bugs alr posted here, works pretty smoothly.

screen brightness works only after disabling auto as previously mentioned,

wifi saves and remembers the password sometimes even after reboots, although its random as to when it feels like remembering the passwords.

im also having recurring hang ups whenever i have wifi on for too long and im not using the tab. if the screen gets locked with wifi on, it freezes. after a reboot if i forget to turn wifi off, it hangs in a matter of minutes and i have to reboot yet again and turn wifi off.

the only time i experience hang ups are when its related to wifi.
wifi off = smoother usage, not much hiccups. never hangs.

other than that im just happy that we have L on our tab. had it for over 2yrs and still kicking.

omike123

Aug 21, 2014
Baseband unknown! Simcard not detected!

Anyone having this issue on tab 7.7 variant? Test Omni for tab plus variant and have to agree at some point that this is better than cm12 but have to switch back due to this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    omni-lollipop-1024x488.png

This is an experimental build of the open ROM Omni5.1 for our Samsung GalaxyTab 7.7.

Release notes:
    2015/9/26
    Working on the kernel for the whole weekend, finally got a few thing fixed. Auto brightness is working now. Wifi hotspot is fixed too. Together with a few kernel tweaks, everything seems in the right place now. ;)

2015/9/2
    The latest Omni is 5.1.1_r12 (LYZ28J). r13 has issue in ims so Omni down one step to r12. It is quite stable. Cheers! :D

2015/8/22
    There is a bug in mediaserver causing mediaplay fail. Which affect all related services including Camera. Flash this View attachment media-patch.zip in recovery will fix it. :p

2015/8/19
    My system is more or less complete. Hoping everything are back to their original places.
    This is the first Homemade build for Omni5.1. Cheers! ;)
    History

2015/8/4
    Finally, I finished the setup for an AOSP rom. Omni is naturally the choice. Omni is still using the 5.1.1_r5 (LYZ28E) tree. Anyway, it is quite stable and it would be a good reference for patching the telephony in cm-12.1. H/W decoder is also working now. :highfive:

2015/5/18
    Omni is upgrade to 5.1.1r2 now. I finally manager to fix the brightness settings. Not much fixes but it is quite stable. Cheers! ;)

2015/3/26
    There are not much update to the source. I just put some fixes from in cm-12.0 in the new built. The Samsung HAL drivers are not updated to 5.1 yet, causing some sensors and decoders fail. A workable Gapps is found, it makes the notifications and Quick settings work again. Cheers!
    Since March 1, files uploaded to goo.im didn't show. Switch to Dev-Host now. but files in Dev-Host only store for 30 days....

2015/3/16
    I was quite surprise that Omni5.1 only took me a few hours to build out. After testing for a few days, I'm impressed. Some major issues still exist but it already shows the stability and responsiveness of Android5.1. Too many source to study now. I only fixed a few things and rush it out for you guys to test. ;)

Change log: :victory:
    Code:
    Official Omni [URL="https://changelog.omnirom.org/"]Change log[/URL]
    [COLOR="Blue"]2015/9/26[/COLOR]
      - Latest Omni source 5.1.1_r12 (LYZ28J)
      - Kernel Bluetooth backport to 3.18.1
      - Modem interface driver update
      - Some kernel tweaks
      - Bug fix in Performance Control
      - Auto-brightness is fixed
      - Wifi hotspot is fixed
      - Bluez 5.34
    [COLOR="Blue"]2015/9/2[/COLOR]
      - Latest Omni source 5.1.1_r12 (LYZ28J)
      - Add aps config for i815
      - Fix mediaserver
      - Bluez update
    [COLOR="Blue"]2015/8/22[/COLOR]
      - revert the commit Iac9eac3cb251eccd9bbad5df7421a07edc21da0c of framework_av (not working for 32 bit devices)
      - linker exception to handle missing symbols in old blobs (eg. i815 ril and libwvm, etc.)
    [COLOR="Blue"]2015/8/19[/COLOR]
      - Latest Omni source 5.1.1_r5 (LYZ28E)
      - Fix torch in QS
      - Add GPU settings in PerformanceControl settings
      - Fix bluetooth sometimes not started.
      - Bluez 5.33 update
    [COLOR="Blue"]2015/8/4[/COLOR]
      - Latest Omni source 5.1.1_r5 (LYZ28E)
      - Default platform orientation is set to portrait
      - New wifi HAL driver from my cm12.1
      - Support for SAMSUNG COLORSPACE
      - Fix H/W decoder for media playback
      - remove the obsolete ffmpeg decoder
      - updated charging animation
      - latest Bluez update
    [COLOR="Blue"]2015/5/18[/COLOR]
      - Latest Omni source 5.1.1_r2 (LMY47X)
      - Kernel use_optimistic support for ipv6
      - Fix brightness settings
      - CPU initial settings in PerformanceControl
      - Better power off charging support
      - latest Bluez update
    [COLOR="Blue"]2015/3/26[/COLOR]
      - Latest Omni source (LMY47D)
      - Power off charging is fixed.
      - InCall screen and dialer orientation is fixed
      - Torch in QS is fixed
      - latest Bluez update
    [COLOR="Blue"]2015/3/16[/COLOR]
      - Latest Omni source (5.1.0_r1)
      - wifi-tethering support
      - Torch fix from cm12
      - First port of bluez to 5.1
      - Rotation orientation fix

Know issues: :(
    Read carefully before flashing.
    1. File send via Wifi crash
    2. May be more....

Downloads: :highfive:
    AFH: https://www.androidfilehost.com/user/?w=settings-dev-files&flid=27733
    d-h.st: http://d-h.st/users/danielhk/?fld_id=44273#files
    goo.im: http://goo.im/devs/daniel_hk/rom/omni5.1 Server down... :(
    mirror1: 百度网盘

Use the latest Delta gapps: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2997368

** latest TWRP (2.8.6.x or above) is required.
    Omni is not rooted. To root, flash SuperSU-24x.zip in recovery.

Source: :cool:
    kernel & device trees github: https://github.com/danielhk?tab=repositories

Credits: :good:
    ** The OmniROM team who have such a good idea and their hardworks
    ** All those who donate to me. Giving me the resources to upgrade my PC and accessories!
    ** All those who help our cool tab's developments!

Donations:

show.htm

Any chance of a p6810 test build :) I can wait till the next build.. I just tried the latest cm12, and it's not as smooth as carbon 4.4.4, with pa gapps loaded for Android 5.0 it becomes more slugish. So until a 5.1 build comes, i will stick with 4.4.4.

Yeah! Really want to try this on tab plus device too.
    Sure, I'll release other models when it is ready.
    The current situation is:
    There are no regular update from other custom ROMs. CM and Omni have regular updatese for 5.0 and Omni is the first rom merge 5.1.
    How to download is not immediately obvious, it had me scratching my head but I eventually got it.
    Try here and scroll down to danielhk
    http://d-h.st/search?page=2
    Select the file you need.

Good luck

I think you guys don't have a d-h.st account and that's why my link would not work.

I'm updating the link now. Sorry for the troubles caused...:p
    Thanks a lot Daniel..
    I do not know the improvements after than previous Omni (Agu 04) but, I have a few quick observations;
    - I can not get computer connection like previous release. I am not sure if it is my trouble only.. OTG works fine..
    - Camera app force closes..
    I have tried many Camera apps but none works out.. Any suggestion is welcome..
    Daniel, is there any possibility of patch ?
    let me check. might be the fix of torch in QS.
    CONFIRMED.
    but I don't have problem connecting to computer or adb.
    You may check if you have enabled debugging for your device:
    1. connect the tab to a computer.
    2 .turn OFF USB debug in Developer options
    3. turn it back ON again.
    4. I dialog box will be shown on the tab. check the box to enable your computer for debugging.
    Good luck!

Music players not working on 19aug build
    let me check.
    CONFIRMED.

Omni have change the Samsung hardware library which is not working... I need to check why and what they have changed...
    UPDATE: I have checked. Omni has make a pointer 64bit but our device is 32 bit. It caused crash whenever media server is called. Hence, Camera and media playback crashed. I have a uploaded a patch in post#1. Flash it in recovery will get everything back to normal. ;)
    Hi, anybody else experiencing connection problems during the initial setup? Wifi connection was successful, but after that it stays on 'checking connection... / This can take a while ' forever. I already did a factoryreset twice. :(

Hmmm...it also doesn't recognize any of my two T-Mobile Germany SIM Cards :(

Looks like I have to switch back to Kitkat, CM12 is too laggy (maybe due to excessive read i/o during installations, downloads, surfing...)

Ok, found the cause for the connection issue during Kitkat setup - I have Google two factor authentication enabled. slimkat 8.20 redirects me to a browser window where I can type in my code while Omni 5.1 doesn't. Disabled two factor temporarily and bingo - setup with Omni 5.1 works.

regards
    Trashx