[SCRIPT] [NS4G] [UPDATED] One Click Return to stock V2.0

Search This thread

michaelpeerman

May 31, 2011
Sadieville, KY
The title says it all. The only prerequisite is that you already have the drivers for your phone installed. Which i assume most people looking at this thread do as they were needed to get root in the first place.

Always back up your stuff and any apps before using.

Features:
Restores back to stock 2.3.4
Relocks Bootloader
Removes root

Fixed:
1. Now it will not run when gsm users try to use it.
2. Runs alot smoother thanks to Indirect.

Download this zip.
Extract it
Click on run.bat
and follow the onscreen instructions
now your phone should be back to 100% stock

Thanks to pete for the img files
Thanks to Indirect for the fixing problems with gsm users using this.

Last edited:

hellcatt

Jun 23, 2010
chicago
yea i know there are the purests out there that dont believe (so to say) in the one clicks but those of us who are only partial idiots and cant figure out sdk, odin, and whatever else there is the one clicks really help. i know what i want my phone to do i just want the "for dummies" way to do it

michaelpeerman

May 31, 2011
Sadieville, KY
yea i know there are the purests out there that dont believe (so to say) in the one clicks but those of us who are only partial idiots and cant figure out sdk, odin, and whatever else there is the one clicks really help. i know what i want my phone to do i just want the "for dummies" way to do it
No problem. Thats how i am too. Thats why i make everything i use flashable or simple and easy.

HareyCarey

Aug 10, 2010
Bristol

You and me both. I just learned earlier this week that fastboot and adb were drivers that come with sdk. It is confusing without a literal step by step guide. I would like to learn all the processes and make a guide for total beginners. Unless anyone else knows of one already in existence for the NS4G?

I must admit, though, that the more threads I read the more confident I get about following through with it. All of you devs and themers and advanced users, I tip my hat to your knowledge and helpfulness with threads like these.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA Premium App

Reactions: michaelpeerman

michaelpeerman

May 31, 2011
Sadieville, KY
You and me both. I just learned earlier this week that fastboot and adb were drivers that come with sdk. It is confusing without a literal step by step guide. I would like to learn all the processes and make a guide for total beginners. Unless anyone else knows of one already in existence for the NS4G?

I must admit, though, that the more threads I read the more confident I get about following through with it. All of you devs and themers and advanced users, I tip my hat to your knowledge and helpfulness with threads like these.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA Premium App

Things get easier with time. Also having the great people on this forum around helps too

difrent7

Apr 10, 2009
Tampa
Big thanks to you! I was having screen issues and this made my life easier so i can take my phone to sprint tomorrow!

spx_trader

Oct 17, 2010
Detroit
thanks for this. I wanted to return to stock for the update and did it the long way,because i don't think this was posted yet. I think anyone that is rooting their phone should at least learn how to use sdk and the commands. Im glad I had to force my self to do it that way, but this will really help for the next time with one click root and now unroot its great. I had to root again because it was delayed and cant stand stock

michaelpeerman

May 31, 2011
Sadieville, KY
No problem and yes the long way is beneficial from a learning standpoint. But i prefer quick and easy and anyone who wants to learn the long way just open the run.bat file in notepad and teach yourself

pierre1321

Sep 20, 2008
This is way awesome, thanks

Some think this is a lazy way, but some of us have to find work arounds for stuff like this. Right now I'm stuck using Wxp/ home, tried everything I could think of and still couldn't get sdk installed . This helps enormously. I don't mind learning the hard way, but I also like to do things efficiently and save time.

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA App

pierre1321

Sep 20, 2008
Joey_ufc said when he runs. Bat, says he is missing files, any help

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The title says it all. The only prerequisite is that you already have the drivers for your phone installed. Which i assume most people looking at this thread do as they were needed to get root in the first place.

Always back up your stuff and any apps before using.

Features:
    Restores back to stock 2.3.4
    Relocks Bootloader
    Removes root

Fixed:
    1. Now it will not run when gsm users try to use it.
    2. Runs alot smoother thanks to Indirect.

Download this zip.
    Extract it
    Click on run.bat
    and follow the onscreen instructions
    now your phone should be back to 100% stock

Thanks to pete for the img files
    Thanks to Indirect for the fixing problems with gsm users using this.
    Yes it returns it to the same way it was when it came out of the box. So be sure to back up any data on your internal memory you want to keep.
    sweet, thanks to you and pete

No problem. I just decided to automate his process. And include all the files you need. Also if anyone needs the drivers just use pdanet as described in the one click root thread
    For those of you who are having problems and haven't still found another solution, I have one for you:

1) Get your phone into download mode by any method you prefer.
    2) Use this:

http://www.mediafire.com/?1amczobzy2hsp9r

I'm not sure if this was ever officially put out by Samsung or not, but it uses download mode to essentially do what this script does that the OP intended, and has a nice interface. Just a side note to it, this will take you back to GB as well, and I think (I haven't used it in a LONG time) the phone will do a small OTA update to 2.3.6 before jumping to JB.

Anyway, hope this helps someone!

~Wickid_D~
    Yes it should work, there is no reason for it not to work.
    Try it and report back.

I am reporting back, as I was desperately trying to downgrade from ICS back to Gingerbread (official rom pushed from Sprint). Starting from ICS 4.04.

I used the OP's download and it initially didn't work with the following message that appears about 4 times:
    FAILED <remote: Bootloader Locked - Use "fastboot oem unlock" to Unlock>

Anyways... I had to run the Nexus S 4G in fastboot mode (volume up + power).
    Connect the device (with PDANET). Ran the folder through command prompt.
    fastboot oem unlock.
    selected unlock on the phone with volume up and power button.
    select power off with volume down and power button. (this exited fastboot).
    Powered phone back up, it loaded ICS, fresh (ran through some stupid bug and I had to restart it again).
    Went through the phone setup really quickly.
    Turn on Developer mode.
    Connected Phone.
    Ran "Run.Bat" and it finally worked! I'm back on gingerbread!