[ROM] CM9 4.0.4 ICS HTC HD Mini [16.Jul.2012]

Search This thread

ssamth2003

Jun 11, 2004
Pranakorn Sri Ayutthaya
Thks again bas.bas for your help, I follow your guide carefully install Panasonic SD formatter to format SD card, then flash winmo, hard reset, copy LK photonic SD as Schlund instruction (actually his android is the my first andriod). but after start Haret, i still get the same error. :'(

I really no idea, whats going wrong. I'm sure I follow very carefull of instruction (its is not 1st time for me to flash android, i have schlund version CM7, Sense, CM9...before) but i can not get pass of Invalid boot image heady when start Haret.

Munjeni, I hope you can give me some advise, pls help, really appreciate for all advise.

I suggest the following procedure:
1 Format the SD card before flashing (Panasonic SD Formatter).
2 Flash back to Wi-Mo
3 Hard Reset new Wi-Mo ROM
4 Flash CM7.2 (Schlund) follow strict guidelines!
Note: Any exe on your PC (needed for flash ROM) execute with admin authorization.

SHAYDER

Aug 7, 2008
Kiev

djfastest

Dec 1, 2010
Minsk
what u mean ?

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

SHAYDER give me your link to cm9 inclide patch3!

kacperz1

Mar 14, 2009
First of all: Wi-Fi is not working. It constantly says 'Turning Wi-Fi on...'. I can't turn the Wi-Fi on nor turn it off.
Second thing is: When searching for Network operators (Wireless & networks > Mobile networks > Network operators ) I got everytime an 'Error while searching for networks.'
Besides that I constantly get the Roaming icon in the status bar, however I'm sure that I have no roaming.

vpx

Jun 14, 2007
ssamth2003: I had the same problem on older NAND build. I tried everything, but error still remains in bootloader. Reinstalled winmo many times, then LK with Haret, etc., nothing helped. Then ICS for Photon was released and with new version of LK bootloader, it fixes my installation, so try to use different version of LK.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ssamth2003

ssamth2003

Jun 11, 2004
Pranakorn Sri Ayutthaya
Thks vpx, I have try on both Lk of Schlund, and Munjeni (ICS) both are give same error. do you mind to send me your LK foe me to try? thks in advance.

EDIT: I'm sorry to disturb the forum which is very interest of ICS CM9 bet3, I'm also really want to test and report the result, Last CM9 Patch2 I se befor is only 3G not work.

ssamth2003: I had the same problem on older NAND build. I tried everything, but error still remains in bootloader. Reinstalled winmo many times, then LK with Haret, etc., nothing helped. Then ICS for Photon was released and with new version of LK bootloader, it fixes my installation, so try to use different version of LK.

Last edited:

vpx

Jun 14, 2007
OK, I used the one linked with this ICS.
My procedure was:
1) tried NAND GB, but because GPS not working, I tried to install factory ROM, there was GPS ok, so I installed LK through Haret and then I stuck in bootloader with errors about header.
2) tried winmo again, then GB, but still problem in bootloader
3) tried LK from Sense ROM, but error was still there, so reinstall again to winmo
4) waiting for any new release 2 weeks
5) found this ICS release, installed without problem
.... But still GPS not working

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
Ok guys, yesterday I added support for photon to my aria kernel and pushed all changes to git -> https://gitorious.org/ics-cyanogenm...3358e12a1d49670f9a579147346eabc5911b849/diffs ,I'm going to update aria and hd mini cm9 bulds soon with latest stable version without force closes and a lot of improvements... this photon cm9 is an old build so soon I will switch to photon flash and compile/debug new build for you...

xtom.vav

Jun 7, 2008
beta3 stops in boot animation

Hi Munjeni,

I tried your ROM today with patches and without and it always end in boot animation. I did logcat and I saw that get stacked in repeating lines:
I/ServiceManager( 82): service 'media.audio_flinger' died
I/ServiceManager( 82): service 'media.player' died
I/ServiceManager( 82): service 'media.camera' died
I/ServiceManager( 82): service 'media.audio_policy' died

Also I want you thanks for all effort and I hope that my attached log will help improve this.

Thx

Attachments

• log.zip
    972.4 KB · Views: 6

vouager

Jan 15, 2007
Hi Munjeni,

I tried your ROM today with patches and without and it always end in boot animation. I did logcat and I saw that get stacked in repeating lines:
I/ServiceManager( 82): service 'media.audio_flinger' died
I/ServiceManager( 82): service 'media.player' died
I/ServiceManager( 82): service 'media.camera' died
I/ServiceManager( 82): service 'media.audio_policy' died

Also I want you thanks for all effort and I hope that my attached log will help improve this.

Thx

Did you see my post?
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=26143223&postcount=185

forcego

Jun 14, 2007
Tehran
problem installing the patch

Draltus, please remove link to rapidshare, it will make mess because I going to update thread every one day, so please do not mirror links and please remove link! After each update I deleting old patcsets and create new patchset includind all that is needed and of course (audio...etc)...

New patchset, include:
- working audio lib
- new gps and librpc lib (gps oncrpc for photon??? 3000001d:00020001) (for test) (please give me logcat !)
- bootimg (for bluetooth test) (please give me logcat !)

Old patchsets is removed from my posts so do not use it, always use latest!

thanks a lot for your work!!! the rom is perfect, but i could not replace this patch with the original ones, i tried copy some of them but still not working.
the error is:
installation aborted..

can you make a new zip file that can be installed to solve the incall audio?!

thanks a lot

xtom.vav

Jun 7, 2008
Hi Munjeni,

I downloaded lk-bootloader from your posted but I am getting undefined abort, halting. Do you have (or someone else) any other proved bootloader.
Thanks in advance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Its first and last :) port for HTC HD Mini... most of features is backported from my aria cm9 so I will not support photon cm9 in the future... you need to finish it! Its dirty packed (in one day) so maybe something is mising! Please do not reguest any help to me by pm, I will ignore!!! If you have some problems just write an post and I think some users from HD Mini forum will help you... thanks!

CM9 4.0.4 ICS HTC HD Mini (Ice Cream Sandwich)

This is a port of CM9 (Ice Cream Sandwich) for HTC HD Mini based on WinSuk repo and my repo

Screenshoots:
    http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/340/screenshot2012040818074.png
    http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/8750/screenshot2012040818081.png
    http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/491/screenshot2012040818083.png

Currently working and not working:

What works:
    • Auto-brightness
    • Browser
    • Capticive buttons (with backlight)
    • DSPManager
    • Mic
    • Music player
    • Audio
    • Equalyser
    • Headset
    • Keyboard
    • Market downloads
    • MMS
    • Notification light
    • Overclocking
    • Phone radio (calling, sms, data)
    • Sensors (light, proximity, rotation, acceleration)
    • Superuser
    • Tethering
    • Touchscreen (with multitouch)
    • USB Mass Storage Device
    • Vibration & Haptic feedback
    • Wifi
    • Gallery
    • Wifi sleep
    • Built-in data usage meter - full working now
    • Hardware acceleration (EGL)
    • Live wallpapers
    • Screenshots
    • Screen off/on animations
    • Wallpaper scrolling
    • bootanimation - have right size now including cm9 logo
    • Wifi signal strength bar on status bar (wpa_supplicant_8)
    • Camera shoots and preview
    • Bluetooth
    • Show mobile networks when choosing it in Select Network
    • GPS

If something missing or not working please let me know!

What working partially:
    • Camera recorder and panorama (panorama frezing, camcorder can not stop recording)
    • HQ Videos... (have freze)

What not working:
    • Audio have no stereo format (generally)

Google Apps for Ice Cream Sandwich:
    You need to find an stable gapps for your needs!
    But if you want an, look here -> http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip :)

Rom is bassed on my Aria android git: https://gitorious.org/ics-on-htc-aria/master/commits/master
    Kernel is bassed on derefas git with ics patchset from my aria ics kernel: http://www.2shared.com/file/23vX7nGE/2635-photonic-kernel-ICStar.html
    Finally, added support for Photon to my Aria kernel, so this is allways fresh kernel for Photon:
    https://gitorious.org/ics-cyanogenmod-2-6-35-kernel-msm7227-for-htc-aria/ics/commits/master

Download LK bootloader and recovery [16.Jul.2012]:
    http://www.2shared.com/file/0RC2fnor/LK_16Jul2012.html
    md5: 8F5327E34C71CC9B7B1646C4EAEE1CF1

Download cm9 rom - 24.May.2012.:
    http://www.2shared.com/file/yplhAdu2/cm9_photon-ota-engroot_24May20.html
    md5: 57A103629A697B6328F22F5A3FDE7096

Download update 04.Jun. for rom 24.May.2012.:
    http://www.2shared.com/file/broI0z6C/04Jun_update_for24May.html
    md5: EA0F9B32AFE82E034AFC52A83D9104A0

Download GPS Fix::
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=28654948&postcount=643

WARNING for new cm9 rom!
    Rom have scripts that will erase all nand partitions needed for clean install! Android folder and .android_secure folder will be deleted from sdcard allso, so backup your data if you have something inside!
    About GPS. In order to have gps working "GPS update" must be last update. Then everything is allright!
    DO NOT CHANGE BOARD TYPE FROM PHOTON TO LIBERTY IN ORDER TO FIX CAMERA!

First, big thanks to Qualcomm and their user space library that was needed for HW acceleration!!!
    Google - for both Android and their search engine, which are awesome
    CyanogenMod Team
    WinSuk
    s0be
    modpunk
    cotulla
    sp3dev
    r0bin
    pwel
    schlund
    derefas
    RomanM82
    Everyone who helped in photon project
    Everyone who has shared their working ICS source - It has helped a lot in fixing things
    Instructions and changelog

Kernel is fast patched and audio libs is from old kernel and is not latest from schlund (I had problems compiling acoustic_wince under ICS so I switched back to legacy audio libs). Most of features inside kernel is added that was needed for ICS so you need to finish all other things that is needed for ICS. Compare kernel with derefas kernel, maybe I missing something! In any way I think I done big job for you photon users? :)
    Audio status = FIXED :) Tanks to schlund for his audio libs!

About wifi. Because photon not support compressed kernel image there is a way for changing mac adress (I included old wifi nvs init) :)... just simple open boot.img with hex editor and look for line like in this picture -> http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/199/20120429111947.jpg and change mac adress.:D

24.May.2012:
    • New kernel
    • Logo for my kernel :)
    • A lot of upstream changes to framework... + a lot of build changes (changes from my last aria build)
    • Some tweaks for ram (you will have constantly 90mb amount of the free memory, so... less force closes or maybe no force closes:))
    • Camera recorder and panorama partialy fixed
    • New lk_bootloader:
      boot size=6mb
      recovery size=4mb
      misc size=0.625mb
      system size=200mb
      userdata size=250.875mb
      cache size=9mb
    • new recovery (latest recovery from my aria)
    • etc...etc...etc :)
      Added photon build source to my git, so you can compile an build from source if you want. Kernel is ported from my aria kernel... added photon support, so you can build an kernel if you want. Force closes is fixed, stability is a lot improved. To improve performance simple follow next steps:
      - settings/display/automatic_backlight/...enable "allow lights increase"
      - settings/performance/memory_management... enable "kernel samepage merging"
      - install an taskiller like v6supercharger or "I use taskiller from airdroid app"
      - stable frequency (245 - 806) gov ondemand... do not change it

26.May.2012:
    • bluetooth fix
    • compressed kernel and unique mac addr for wifi and bluetooth

30.May.2012:
    • improvements for battery level - test version
    • Battery drain fix
    • Camera blue screen temporary fixed - will improve it later
    • New recovery
    Complete changes in battery driver you can see here -> https://gitorious.org/ics-cyanogenm...mmit/5f4b670a17c2e612478cc0da5843ceaa5b3dfaf0
    To install this update just siple coppy zip archive to sd card and install it trought recovery !

04.Jun.2012:
    • improvements for battery level still in testing stage
    • Zram fixed (you can enable or disable it from settings)
    • Show mobile networks when choosing it in Select Network - fixed
    • Some workarounds to gps (gps still not working but oncrpc is not harlinked now)
    • Kernel, recovery and modules
    Simple update your android trought recovery !
    Complete changes in battery driver you can see here -> https://gitorious.org/ics-cyanogenm...mmit/5f4b670a17c2e612478cc0da5843ceaa5b3dfaf0
    To install this update just siple coppy zip archive to sd card and install it trought recovery !

12.Jul.2012:
    • GPS fixed by RomanM82

16.Jul.2012:
    • Increased system partition in lk bootloader
    this is amazing news. now i am waiting this rom link for the test. :D

14,30------now i am downloading...
    17,30------now i am testing
    Auto-brightness------------------------------------OK
    Browser--------------------------------------------OK
    Capticive buttons (with backlight)-------------------OK
    DSPManager----------------------------------------OK
    Keyboard------------------------------------------OK
    Market downloads----------------------------------OK
    MMS----------------------------------------------OK
    Notification light------------------------------------???
    Overclocking---------------------------------------OK
    Phone radio (calling, sms, data)----------------------SMS OK---- DATA OK-----CALLİNG OK
    Sensors (light, proximity, rotation, acceleration)-----LİGHT OK--ROTATİON OK--- PROXİMİTY
    Superuser-----------------------------------------OK
    Tethering (you need to confirm)--------------------OK
    Touchscreen (with multitouch)----------------------OK
    USB Mass Storage Device---------------------------OK
    Vibration & Haptic feedback-------------------------OK
    Wifi------------------------------------------------OK
    Gallery---------------------------------------------OK
    Wifi sleep------------------------------------------OK
    Built-in data usage meter - full working now----------OK
    Hardware acceleration (EGL)-------------------------OK
    Live wallpapers--------------------------------------OK
    Screenshots----------------------------------------???
    Screen off/on animations-----------------------------???
    Wallpaper scrolling-----------------------------------???
    bootanimation - have right size now including cm9 logo---OK
    Wifi signal strength bar on status bar (wpa_supplicant_8)----OK
    Camera shoots and preview-------------------------------OK
    Sound & Mic-----------------------------------------OK
    bluetooth ------------------------------------------OK
    GPS -----------------------------------------------------OK

Headphones/Headset --------------------------------OK BUT MONO
    MUSİC PLAYER---------------------------------------OK BUT MONO

if I use munjeni'S LK and recovery I did not receive any error message during installation and I did not receive any error message during use

I love ics
    i am using now daily using. battery performance is like cm7
    Ok guys, yesterday I added support for photon to my aria kernel and pushed all changes to git -> https://gitorious.org/ics-cyanogenm...3358e12a1d49670f9a579147346eabc5911b849/diffs ,I'm going to update aria and hd mini cm9 bulds soon with latest stable version without force closes and a lot of improvements... this photon cm9 is an old build so soon I will switch to photon flash and compile/debug new build for you...
    Here you go... this is new bootloader and automated batch script. Usb drivers is allso in archive. Script format all partition, performing lk installation, performing recovery booting and installing. There is 5 steps, first step is:
    - extract LK_21.May.2012.rar somewhere on your computer
    - extract photonic-sd.rar to your phone sd card
    - put rom archive to sd card
    - install usb drivers if you have not done before
    - run install.bat, than folow step 1 and step 2 on screen

Next steps you can do from recovery :)

Current bootloader:
    boot size=6mb
    recovery size=8mb
    misc size=0.625mb
    system size=200mb
    userdata size=250.875mb
    cache size=5mb

click here >>> LK_21May2012 DELETED, new LK from 24.May. is out!!!<<<
    In next few days I will compile an cm9 build. Please do not miror links, that thing make confusion for users in chosing right archive... this is complete archive and have lk for sd card, lk for nand, recovery, usb drivers and install script, thanks! And please allways read first and seccond page for update, there will be every new update and instruction!