[App][Mod]Google Wallet Installer

Search This thread

calaski8123

Sep 11, 2010
Fair enough... I hear you.

I was posting here because I had used this installer before and it worked but I tried to now and it wasn't working. I was trying to figure it out so that I could still use the installer. I have posted a bunch of times in past few days here. My last one was simply to say I figured out a solution and suspected there was a change that prevented this wallet installer from working and that info could be used to update his app.

Jim

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus
Fair enough... I hear you.

I was posting here because I had used this installer before and it worked but I tried to now and it wasn't working. I was trying to figure it out so that I could still use the installer. I have posted a bunch of times in past few days here. My last one was simply to say I figured out a solution and suspected there was a change that prevented this wallet installer from working and that info could be used to update his app.

Jim

Thanks for the information Jim! Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Since no one responded I forgot to check the thread.(No notification) Anyways, Wallet Installer is still working. It just seems to bump heads with certain 4.2 ROMs.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

kteicher

Jun 8, 2010
Troubleshooting...

Used the Wallet installer on a rooted/stock SGS3... install went perfectly.

NFC is on.

Can add additional cards, etc.

However, I can't seem to make a purchase. When I place my phone near a reader nothing ever happens.

Is there any troubleshooting tips that might help me figure out how to resolve this?

Thanks all!

Lilrascalsinc

Jan 15, 2013
Not to sound like a jerk but the nfc is turned on. Also battery might be bad. I have found I need to touch the bottom part of my phone to the reader. Have you tested the nfc/s-beam with another phone and see if it transfers

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus
I used this on my Note 2 from ATT and it worked fine using cleanrom ACE

I chose "JB TW" and "ATT"

That's great! Technically the only reason this won't work is because of your build.prop, unless you mod it to a supported device. I also wasn't sure if the libraries would work. Glad to hear that they do though!

annoyingduck

Aug 15, 2012
Boston, MA Area
That's great! Technically the only reason this won't work is because of your build.prop, unless you mod it to a supported device. I also wasn't sure if the libraries would work. Glad to hear that they do though!

That's interesting, so does your app use a script for the build, or does it copy the build. I can only see it working if it copies the build first, or you'd be restoring an s3 build. Curious because a friend has a note 2 vzw and wants wallet, but he's shaky on the current method for thier device

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus
That's interesting, so does your app use a script for the build, or does it copy the build. I can only see it working if it copies the build first, or you'd be restoring an s3 build. Curious because a friend has a note 2 vzw and wants wallet, but he's shaky on the current method for thier device

It renames the stock build.prop to build.prop.bak, then filters through the build.prop.bak, without modifying it, to create a new specially modified build.prop for the device it's running on.

WettbackMartyr

Nov 18, 2012
Chicago
In the 10+ times I've used the installer this has never happened to me. If you have not restored your build.prop I would do that first... Then I would suggest resetting wallet from settings within the app > clear data and uninstall with either TiBu or root file explorer >and reboot... Then reinstall the installer and run it again. Could have simply been a corrupt download from servers. It's the easiest place to start.

Reactions: blade30p

WettbackMartyr

Nov 18, 2012
Chicago
Open wallet installer app. There's a button below carrier and ROM selection that says "restore build.prop"

Reactions: AdMire

tducote

Dec 7, 2012
Lafayette, LA
How do I go about restoring the build prop?

Open wallet installer app. There's a button below carrier and ROM selection that says "restore build.prop

Also, as an f.y.i.: If you somehow manage to lose your build.prop in all the flashing and wallet installation processes (like I did a while back), re-flashing your ROM will restore your build.prop. This will also, of course, remove Wallet. So if you are having a bunch of trouble and need a fresh build.prop, you can re-flash your ROM, re-run Prl's kickass Wallet Installer to install Wallet, and then re-re-run Prl's Installer to restore your build.prop.

Hopefully, you can avoid all this hassle, but I figured I'd mention it for the other newblets like me.

Reactions: dragon042

lvgdgts

Oct 27, 2006
I just flashed Hyperdrive 8.1 and this requires an edit of the build.prop to reflect the device as a Galaxy Nexus. I think I backspaced too far and goofed something up. Will someone look in their build.prop and tell me what the line "ro.product.mode" line should read? TIA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Google Wallet Installer for Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S3.

Requires ROOT, an UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER, and BUSYBOX!(A deodexed ROM is just recommended)

My newest project, RemoteFlash, was just released! Take a look and give it a try!

Wallet Installer Is Now Available For Free To All Supported Carrier Models On XDA! (Donations Appreciated)

My application, "Wallet Installer", will install Google Wallet on almost any US based Samsung Galaxy S3. It simply edits your build.prop and then places the correct modifications into your system. It downloads all the files from my personal server, which is pretty quick. Just select the appropriate Rom type: AOSP, JB Touchwiz, or ICS TouchWiz, and then your carrier: Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, or US Cellular. I also added a restore option for your build.prop, so you can restore it after you setup Google Wallet. Hopefully this helps you out and makes the process easier!

Wallet Installer has been updated on the server side. The credit goes to Paul Obrien for the new version! To install it, simply reset Google Wallet, delete it, and then rerun Wallet Installer! Make sure to also have BusyBox installed/updated!

Please donate if my work helps you : )

V3: No Recovery/More Stable

And as always: I take no responsibility for bricked devices, whether a soft brick or a full on brand new coffee coaster.​
    No time table just want to know if not when my friend... Lol...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

There will be an update to wallet on my end. I still need to figure out how I want to solve the patching problem though. I have a new method, but until I'm positive it works you'll have to wait for me or someone else to release a patched version. If all goes well though in the future you won't need to come here to know of compatible updates, Wallet will be tricked in real time. I'm not quite there yet though!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Hey guys! Sorry for not being around lately, but I wanted to give you a heads up that I hope to update on the server side this weekend. Thanks for your patience!

Confirmed working nfc tap payments100% New wallet version on as aosp.
    -Uninstall any version of wallet currently installed
    -run washer installer app
    -after reboot set up wallet completely
    -update wallet from the playstore
    -open wallet to confirm tap+pay
    -close wallet
    -restore build.prop using wallet installer

Been testing at several locations, all working correctly. Super easy!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    The other patch I've seen involves xposed framework and looks cumbersome for those of us who are flashing ROMs a lot and therefore resetting and reinstalling wallet regularly. Hope whatever you devise is a little smoother ;)

I plan on keeping the installation process very easy as it has been! As far as my plans go, you shouldn't notice any big differences. There will more than likely be a new installer though when I make a full swap to the new method I've been considering.