Really odd question -> going from VZ to ST BYOP to VZ...Droid X2...possible?

Search This thread

wheelsup

Jun 26, 2013
My situation: Current Verizon post-paid customer, wanting to try the new BYOP program with Straight Talk, but wondering if I could come BACK to Verizon using that same phone if it doesn't work out.

I have asked around every forum I can find. I called Verizon today and their techs gave me two different answers. What I want to do is take my Motorola Droid X2, that I have on Verizon post paid, and bring it to the new Straight Talk BYOP program. No shennanigans are needed here, it will just activate right on over there.

Now, my question comes here. Basically, what I wanted to know is if I went to Straight Talk, could I bring that phone back to Verizon. One Verizon tech said no, another one said yes that wouldn't be an issue.

Something about when you bring your phone to Straight Talk it reprograms it, and Verizon can't re-reprogram it when they get it back.

Just wondering if anyone knows if this is true, and if so if there would be a way a noob could reprogram the phone to be able to come back to Verizon. It's funny, the Verizon rep actually suggested this, I remember back "in the day" they had everything locked up like Ft Knox. He said to come to xxxda-developers...I mean xda...(neat registration video, I watched it!), and dig up some info.

I searched for this topic but everyone wanted to know going from VZ to ST but ST has this new program where it's kosher now.

Last edited:

brenhead

Jun 25, 2013
Drums, PA
My situation: Current Verizon post-paid customer, wanting to try the new BYOP program with Straight Talk, but wondering if I could come BACK to Verizon using that same phone if it doesn't work out.

I have asked around every forum I can find. I called Verizon today and their techs gave me two different answers. What I want to do is take my Motorola Droid X2, that I have on Verizon post paid, and bring it to the new Straight Talk BYOP program. No shennanigans are needed here, it will just activate right on over there.

Now, my question comes here. Basically, what I wanted to know is if I went to Straight Talk, could I bring that phone back to Verizon. One Verizon tech said no, another one said yes that wouldn't be an issue.

Something about when you bring your phone to Straight Talk it reprograms it, and Verizon can't re-reprogram it when they get it back.

Just wondering if anyone knows if this is true, and if so if there would be a way a noob could reprogram the phone to be able to come back to Verizon. It's funny, the Verizon rep actually suggested this, I remember back "in the day" they had everything locked up like Ft Knox. He said to come to xxxda-developers...I mean xda...(neat registration video, I watched it!), and dig up some info.

I searched for this topic but everyone wanted to know going from VZ to ST but ST has this new program where it's kosher now.

It may be possible. I just transferred my straighttalk service to the Verizon Motorola Droid OG that my buddy gave me. I called ST and followed the automated system till I got a representative.They ask for your personal info and the serial number of the phone. Since the phone was locked on verizon, I have to give them my credit card number to purchase the network access code.Took about 2 minutes to transfer and works well.

Last edited: