HTC Desire S REBIRTH Project

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 5900076

I have the same problem as u mentioned. But I solve the problem by set up a contact file for what I need then exports the contact file to sdcard. Whenever I install a new ROM, I would untick contact syn at the Goole account then go to clear up contact at related apps. Then imports the contacts from the sdcard.
That's unfortunately not an option for me, because you loose the possibility to sync new contacts on the phone back to Exchange. For now I cleaned up the auto-suggest list in Exchange, but I hope the google guys will solve it quickly.

kchaisu

Jan 27, 2014
Bangkok
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
I have been tried KitKat ROM for HTC Desire S many versions mainly from Devil Kin and some of others, developers for sometime and found out that customers have different apps installed with the limit resources and RAM of outdated DS which causing problems varied from one to another not only the conflict of ROM to apps but also space on RAM itself. These problems give the difficulty the developers to define problems suit to individual users. I currently using Mokee ROM by Ruling by keeping minimum apps installed to the system and used Titanium back up to freeze unnecessary apps from MoKee apps especially Chinese version of the apps. I also keep my Radio, HBoot, and Recovery versions the same as developer (Devil Kin, because he somehow committed himself to the development for our DS and I will not get away from his development by anyway. It is because he has his heart for our outdated device.)

kchaisu

Jan 27, 2014
Bangkok
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
I have tested the latest updated Mokee ROM by Ruling (27/07/2014) with Finny ringtone fix; the system is very smooth and responsive. However, I also apply AGPS-Ringtone fix by Devil Kin, and found that AGPS caused the system unstable (I assume that Ringtone fix is the same version as Finny), especially with Fi theme. But Fi theme has no problem with Finny ringtone fix alone. Thanks to Ruling for keep on update the ROM.

kchaisu

Jan 27, 2014
Bangkok
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
I feel sorrow for the decision made by Devil Kin for leaving DS ROM development despite people still need his devotion. Well, people have there own life and dignity to do what they feel to suit they need. However, when the time comes to leave the community they have joined in for sometime which they have been sharing together with joy and sorrow somehow their minds have been addicted to that habit because happy or joy and sorrow are parts of our lives. Therefore time manage is crucial for human as well as positive thinking and avoiding high expectation to have the outcome as we like and love because proper time management lets us doing more good things and positive thinking could make days of our living with happy and joy no matter how the outside of mind was. Good luck to Devil Kin and thanks for all his devotion to our community.

D

Deleted member 5900076

The latest MoKee Kitkat ROM (201408062144) by Ruling, calling ringtone, WiFi, Bluetooth, and DSP Manager are working fine.
does bluetooth audio playback also work? I'm unfortunately having issues with this in devil-kins builds. It works when paired to only a bluetooth speaker, but not when paired to a radio with both, handsfree and bluetooth audio :( That's the only thing bugging me atm - other than that, I'm really happy with devil-kins rom. Too bad his device was ran over by a car.

Ammiraglio

Jul 19, 2013
Sorry for belated response. Haven't tested to pairing to radio with both hands free and Bluetooth though. So far, haven't faced any problem yet.

Hello, some lags, freezes, graphic corruptions.... overall it's slower respect to JB. The headset mic does not work on regular call only.
Great work anyway, considering how old is DS.

D

Deleted member 5900076

Sorry for belated response. Haven't tested to pairing to radio with both hands free and Bluetooth though. So far, haven't faced any problem yet.
shame on me. Noticed that my radio with handsfree is saving speaker configuration per bluetooth device, and since I had to reconnect after flashing the new image it lost configuration and had the default output set to port with no speakers connected (hurray for that crappy radio). So bluetooth audio is working just fine and now even with song info (thanks to 4.4 IIRC)

666Alex

Sep 20, 2014
DAP digital audio player

Hi, I am not a developer but a normal user, thanks for all your work letting me to play around with my Desire S.

My goal is to make my DS connect to an integrated amplifier with usb dac function for playing 24bit 96khz music stored on the sd card. So far the only kernel recognising usb sound device is amidabuddha's 3.0.89 kernel, but this one support ics only, I believe all ics roms do not have the API built for usb sound devices, please correct me if I am wrong.

Roms that I had tried:

saga_PAC_JB_4.2.2-v23.0.0_20130706-232137.zip
cm-11-20131230-UNOFFICIAL-saga-flinny-alpha2.zip
Desire_XS_Version_1.1.zip
Beta_SAGA_fixed.zip
JellyFireBeanv2.zip
RTS_1.2.5.zip
PAC-man v23.0.0 - The AIO Rom

Those Jelly bean roms cannot see my usb devices at all, I believe it is due to the kernel support.

Is there any kernel for Jelly bean on Desire S support usb audio?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi in this thread we will focus on getting Desire S back to life/still alive. So here we go:

ACTIVE ROM DEVELOPMENT THREADS:

Recoveries and Miscallenious

ACTIVE RECOVERY DEVELOPEMENTS:​

Links for radio/hboot are in my sig so...
    Hardware repairs

Ok so here we go. Basically you should follow the video I have found on youtube. I did. There are few comments on my side though:

• I changed the body using only Torx T5 and Philips 00x40 screwdrivers. They are like 2$ each (I think, I am not in USA)
    • when it says unscrew four T5 screws I recommend getting rid of philips 00x40 screw too, instead of doing it later
    • at about 2:00 it says lift SIM and card reader. In the movie it goes like *snap* and gone. Real life experience is that this is glued. You will have to steadily and slowly pull it, watching the glue slowly going off.
    • after you remove the back cover there will be a piece of tape underneath it. take it off and apply on new body. Otherwise backlit buttons migh flash through between body and battery cover.
    • speaking about tape... I though my sound control buttons were not working due to their tape being used. Also my power button was collapsed. AFTER REPLACING THE BODY WITH NEW BUTTONS, EVERYTHING WORKS FLAWLESSLY! The phone also has this nice soft feeling to it. I bought my saga used and I have it for a year so in many places the paint was just scratched off.

There will be also my movie ETA 09/06/2014
    Requests and guides

Here I will take requests for guides/stuff regarding saga. Whatever U need just ask and I will try to develop.

REQUESTS:
    • MDDI panel kernel (Flinny said we need a person with MDDI panel and enough kernel knowledge to compile it for the new framebuffef)

GUIDES:
    Optimization

Settings Optimilization

Minimum and Maximum CPU Frequency

These are the values between which your cpu will scale it's clockspeed. The lower is Min value the less battery your phone should consume when not bothered. Max value is the border of how high you will let you CPU go.
    The higher it goes the more battery it eats. Many people say it improves the performance, some that it doesn't. Too high values can cause freezes so don't be surprised when that happens

HTC Desire S values:
    • Min 245-368
    • Max 1024-1401
    • Experimental 1516-1804 (usually causing issues)

U can also try using ART runtime. On my phone it makes everything run little better

Rest of Performance settings don't do any good IMHO. U are welcome to prove me wrong though. I will also make bareboning list but not feeling like it right now so maybe in the evening/tomorrow.