Gps fix for mtk 6577 and other androids(root must)

Search This thread

shantam

Apr 11, 2010
Hi friends.
I know that
Many of us mtk 6577 based phones users are having issues on using
Gps issues
Like not locking on satellites or gps takes forever to get a lock
Try this and u will be amazed.

Ju st found a great fix for gps Instant lock in 10 seconds Who are facing gps problems Just do as following and u will be amazed how fast u get locks on ur gps U have to be rooted must.. U have to be rooted must..
1.transfer the given gps.conf to ur system/etc folder backup old one

2.change permissions like this rw-r-r and restart.

3.install gps status from market. 4.now open gps status.
5.open setting of gps status and tap on tools/manage agps stats tools/manage agps stats And then tap on reset.
Repeat step 4 and tap on download

Now go to open space or near open window and it will start to pickup satellites in 20-30 seconds U will
U will see dramatic improvement in satellite picking up speed.

Before doing this i hardly locked to 2-3 satellites. After this i can get lock inside my house near window. near window. The following is indoor satellite lock snap

pygatysa.jpg

Link to gps.conf
http://db.tt/ytrZCxdh

Sent from my GT-19100G using Tapatalk 2

mysathia

Aug 28, 2008
hi,

i'm using MTK6577 S720e One X from China.
not able to lock on to the GPS according to the supplier he said it works there but i could not resolve this issue.
can i try your method is it save to do on this machine.

please guide me on how can i transfer the file & change the permission according to your info.

\Sat

dotto59

Jan 21, 2013
The following is indoor satellite lock snap
Wow, the picture says you're moving at 36 mph 750 meters UNDER sea level: either you live inside a submarine, or MTK GPS is pretty unreliable isn't it?:laugh:

Btw, I tried the procedure on a firend's phone and it worked almost good, it didn't fix at all before but now even if it fixes, loses GPS signal very often, requiring 3 to 15 minutes to have GPS back!
I also tried Engineer functions with test and reset operations, but GPS is always unreliable (1 hour trrip it lost GPS for more than half an hour, making navigation imposssible!)
I think the GPS hardware is really unstable and/or buggy. Any idea?

shantam

Apr 11, 2010
Yeah the hardware is really crap
And i was undersea and was sleeping there...

§êñt frõm
NøíR Â8

O-T

Sep 28, 2010
What's the point of having fast lock when precision suck?
:banghead:
Bumping accuracy threshold from zero to 3000 likely report hyper sonic speed way off sea level :p

e1money

Oct 21, 2010
My MTK Phone

Same frustrating GPS issues here.

Hi my MTK phone from china has a file under something like gps-profiles-config. should I delete this and replace it with yours? or do i just paste it along with that one?

Last edited:

rademaar

Dec 7, 2005
Engineer code MKT6577 phone

Hi I found a code for the engineer mode.
Here you can also change the settings for the GPS and test it.
Looks like my GPS is not working because it doesn't show any satelites.

The code is *#*#3646633#*#*

You have to use the phone dialer.

Hope this wil help to find a sollution for the GPS problem.

Jan,

Last edited:

tupacsoul

Aug 21, 2009
Thanks, the fix help me too in a Jiayu G2S with MTK6577T. Locking in 10 secs.

Here is a screen indoor:
screenshot2013052320250.png

And outdoor:
screenshot2013052320310.png

sere83

Nov 17, 2009
London
He guy I have a Vowney V5 MT6589 phone, its working pretty well, except my GPS which isn't working, I tried another method but it didn't work, would this guide work for MT6589 phones?

kemalo

Nov 21, 2008
Ezio i95 - mtk6589

Hi guys
I was having issues and tried multiple solutions including the one posted here in this forum. I believe it helped me the most, because it resurrected a non working GPS. However it was still taking 3-5 minutes to get a lock. I came across the following video post and after applying it the lock time is sub one minute... which is great. I thought I'd share it here

Basically the answer is to delete/ rename the mtkgps.dat file from data/misc and then recreate it with the mobile uncle tools .apk which can be got from the play store.
The youtube video makes it easy.
youtube.com/watch?v=NsUSvd-SlVo

Of course your phone needs to be rooted as well. I can take no responsibility for what happens if you try it. But it's worked for me.
Also as said before, This only worked in conjunction with the fix discussed here in this forum.

cannabis4711

Aug 28, 2011
Hi,
I tried to use your solution in the video, my phone did not open the gps fix app but in the end I found a gps signal thx!

Hi guys
I was having issues and tried multiple solutions including the one posted here in this forum. I believe it helped me the most, because it resurrected a non working GPS. However it was still taking 3-5 minutes to get a lock. I came across the following video post and after applying it the lock time is sub one minute... which is great. I thought I'd share it here

Basically the answer is to delete/ rename the mtkgps.dat file from data/misc and then recreate it with the mobile uncle tools .apk which can be got from the play store.

Of course your phone needs to be rooted as well. I can take no responsibility for what happens if you try it. But it's worked for me.
Also as said before, This only worked in conjunction with the fix discussed here in this forum.

€: Now I have the problem that I have to do all the steps above every time when I want to use GPS...can you please help me to fix this problem?

Last edited:

bebob

Nov 30, 2008
The Real GPS Fix

To all members with GPS not getting a fix on the satellites with the V1277 (6577) in a reasonable time I have the answer and it does not require anything but a screw driver and cleaning fluid.
No rooting is required or messing about with the gps config.
Firstly remove the back cover.
There are 4 screws holding the housing remove them and unclip the rear housing .
Take anti static precautions i.e ground yourself.
Use alcohol or another circuit board cleaner and clean all the contacts on both the main body of the phone and housing, Job done.
Before I did this I could not even get a fix on the gps satellites outside , I can get a fix in the living room.
I think the problem lies with the production environment of these phone not being as clean as the major manufacturers dirt and oxides in the air, I use to work as a debug engineer on mobile phones at Motorola, well at least its came in handy.:)
Probably a fix for most china based phones

z2168235

Jan 8, 2014
Singapore
This method does not work on my device. I start wondering if there a gps antenna in my phone, maybe they cut cost and remove the antenna :laugh:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi friends.
    I know that
    Many of us mtk 6577 based phones users are having issues on using
    Gps issues
    Like not locking on satellites or gps takes forever to get a lock
    Try this and u will be amazed.

Ju st found a great fix for gps Instant lock in 10 seconds Who are facing gps problems Just do as following and u will be amazed how fast u get locks on ur gps U have to be rooted must.. U have to be rooted must..
    1.transfer the given gps.conf to ur system/etc folder backup old one

2.change permissions like this rw-r-r and restart.

3.install gps status from market. 4.now open gps status.
    5.open setting of gps status and tap on tools/manage agps stats tools/manage agps stats And then tap on reset.
    Repeat step 4 and tap on download

Now go to open space or near open window and it will start to pickup satellites in 20-30 seconds U will
    U will see dramatic improvement in satellite picking up speed.

Before doing this i hardly locked to 2-3 satellites. After this i can get lock inside my house near window. near window. The following is indoor satellite lock snap

pygatysa.jpg

Link to gps.conf
    http://db.tt/ytrZCxdh

Sent from my GT-19100G using Tapatalk 2
    Ezio i95 - mtk6589

Hi guys

The Real GPS Fix

To all members with GPS not getting a fix on the satellites with the V1277 (6577) in a reasonable time I have the answer and it does not require anything but a screw driver and cleaning fluid.
    No rooting is required or messing about with the gps config.
    Firstly remove the back cover.
    There are 4 screws holding the housing remove them and unclip the rear housing .
    Take anti static precautions i.e ground yourself.
    Use alcohol or another circuit board cleaner and clean all the contacts on both the main body of the phone and housing, Job done.
    Before I did this I could not even get a fix on the gps satellites outside , I can get a fix in the living room.
    I think the problem lies with the production environment of these phone not being as clean as the major manufacturers dirt and oxides in the air, I use to work as a debug engineer on mobile phones at Motorola, well at least its came in handy.:)
    Probably a fix for most china based phones