How to Root?

Search This thread

raghav kapur

Aug 1, 2012
Bloomington, IN

mb_guy

Sep 6, 2008
Winnipeg
if i don't have root how can i flash a custom recoverys and flash super user lol. i have heard of firewater but i just need help. im a noob at the htc one lol. i'm not a noob to flashing though.

Yes you do need to unlock the bootloader, before you can flash a custom recovery. Rooting comes later. The rom is either rooted or not, you do not need one rom to be rooted to flash another.

Last edited:

pitbullmommy45245

Jul 9, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
first you will have to bootloader unlock your One.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuIq0gmYpFA

Then you will have to root:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE6F-4KjR9I

Then you can flash your ROM

ok and i just got this phone off of craigslist and i don't have the unlock code. when i do the factory reset it will make the phone locked to att again. is there a free method for the htc one to sim unlock it. i know for the verizon one its already unlocked. and i know theres easy methods for the galaxy phones (s3, s4, note 2).

mb_guy

Sep 6, 2008
Winnipeg
ok and i just got this phone off of craigslist and i don't have the unlock code. when i do the factory reset it will make the phone locked to att again. is there a free method for the htc one to sim unlock it. i know for the verizon one its already unlocked. and i know theres easy methods for the galaxy phones (s3, s4, note 2).

This is NOT the same as unlocking the bootloader. What is your end goal here?

mb_guy

Sep 6, 2008
Winnipeg
i know lol. i'm not a noob. i just wonder if i'll lose my root. my end goal is to have the phone rooted with viper and have a unlocked sim.

Most custom roms are already rooted when you install, You will not loose the carrier unlock flashing roms.
I also notice you are on Sprint, be very carefull to use the right custom recovery and a compatible rom with that device.

Last edited:

pitbullmommy45245

Jul 9, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Most custom roms are already rooted when you install, You will not loose the carrier unlock flashing roms.
I also notice you are on Sprint, be very carefull to use the right custom recovery and a compatible rom with that device.

i'm not on sprint. i'm on cincinnati bell. i'm using the att version. i think i might hold off on flashing now i'm scared i'll lose my unlock lol. thanks though.