Annoying long power button delay

Search This thread

qaz2453

Nov 20, 2010
Glasgow
Long story short... Any ROM + kernel combo I try, when I press the power button to turn the screen on, there's at least a 5 second delay when pressing the power button to when the screen actually turns on.. It's very annoying

Does anyone else experience this problem? Any fix (really hope so)

Thanks in advance

Sent from my Nexus 4 + 7

timberdc

Jan 8, 2013
Long story short... Any ROM + kernel combo I try, when I press the power button to turn the screen on, there's at least a 5 second delay when pressing the power button to when the screen actually turns on.. It's very annoying

Thanks in advance

Sent from my Nexus 4 + 7

I experience this issue also, except that I am on stock kit kat, and it has only been an issue since that upgrade. Overall, kit kat seems to be a step backwards for me :-/

tbonezx11

Dec 10, 2006
That happens a lot on my daughter's N7 ... but rarely on mine. Both are 2012 models hers is 16gb, mine is 32gb -> both on kitkat.

WHAT I've noticed is that it only happens when the orientation is different from when I turned it off & am trying to turn it on. Example: I turn off in portrait mode, set it down, walk away, pick it up in Landscape and press the power button...delay turning on. If I turn it back to portrait, turns on without delay.

That's all I've got. It's reproduce-able on both tablets.

QUOTE=qaz2453;50840249]Long story short... Any ROM + kernel combo I try, when I press the power button to turn the screen on, there's at least a 5 second delay when pressing the power button to when the screen actually turns on.. It's very annoying

Thanks in advance

Sent from my Nexus 4 + 7[/QUOTE]

Reactions: timberdc

lolcopter

Jul 27, 2010
i get this when I use Franco Kernel because the minimum cpu frequency is too low, and it presumably just doesn't want to wake up

m-kernel no problems, where the min freq is set to at least 2000

Reactions: qaz2453
D

Darth

Have you tried just saying "OK nexus" to wake it?

Sent from my N5 cell phone telephone....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That happens a lot on my daughter's N7 ... but rarely on mine. Both are 2012 models hers is 16gb, mine is 32gb -> both on kitkat.

WHAT I've noticed is that it only happens when the orientation is different from when I turned it off & am trying to turn it on. Example: I turn off in portrait mode, set it down, walk away, pick it up in Landscape and press the power button...delay turning on. If I turn it back to portrait, turns on without delay.

That's all I've got. It's reproduce-able on both tablets.

QUOTE=qaz2453;50840249]Long story short... Any ROM + kernel combo I try, when I press the power button to turn the screen on, there's at least a 5 second delay when pressing the power button to when the screen actually turns on.. It's very annoying

Thanks in advance

Sent from my Nexus 4 + 7[/QUOTE]
    i get this when I use Franco Kernel because the minimum cpu frequency is too low, and it presumably just doesn't want to wake up

m-kernel no problems, where the min freq is set to at least 2000