Need help finding right way to root

Search This thread

delphox

Apr 8, 2014
I have the lastet update for my sprint note 3 and I have rooted once and tripped Knox but now I am not rooted. Can I just use the root method in the general forum? I'm kind of a noon when it comes to rooting. Screenshots_2014-04-22-15-57-35.jpg

TheoRidGEinal

Dec 25, 2011
I have the lastet update for my sprint note 3 and I have rooted once and tripped Knox but now I am not rooted. Can I just use the root method in the general forum? I'm kind of a noon when it comes to rooting.View attachment 2702476

Unfortunately, NC5 has built-in tools to prevent rooting. Any rooting process done with ODIN or bootloader is disabled on startup (thus, the Android is upgrading grey window). Until someone finds a workaround, I don't think there is a way yet. Which stinks, since I'm stuck in the same boat you are.

tonyevo52

Feb 1, 2013
Unfortunately, NC5 has built-in tools to prevent rooting. Any rooting process done with ODIN or bootloader is disabled on startup (thus, the Android is upgrading grey window). Until someone finds a workaround, I don't think there is a way yet. Which stinks, since I'm stuck in the same boat you are.

What exactly do you mean NC5 has built in tools to prevent rooting? I and tons of other people are all rooted.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

I have the lastet update for my sprint note 3 and I have rooted once and tripped Knox but now I am not rooted. Can I just use the root method in the general forum? I'm kind of a noon when it comes to rooting.View attachment 2702476

Just use chainfires cfautoroot for the 9005, use Odin 3.09, then Odin twrp 2.7.01, flash superuser and you're good to go.

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

And use superuser 1.94, it's the latest version..

TheoRidGEinal

Dec 25, 2011
What exactly do you mean NC5 has built in tools to prevent rooting?

I booted up my fresh install of NC5
I reboot to upload mode and install TWRP
I let the phone boot normally
I reboot to recovery
I let TWRP install root when rebooting
During bootup, "Andriod is upgrading" gray box pops up, but it doesn't do the usual "Upgrading app x of y" message
I got to the app drawer, open SuperSU
I get the error "There is no SU binary installed"

Same thing happens when I use ODIN Auto Root.

the only explanation I can think of is that the ROM checks for root on bootup, and if it exists, removes Superuser access.

tonyevo52

Feb 1, 2013
I reboot to recovery
During bootup, "Andriod is upgrading" gray box pops up, but it doesn't do the usual "Upgrading app x of y" message

the only explanation I can think of is that the ROM checks for root on bootup, and if it exists, removes Superuser access.

Did you use CFautoroot first for the 9005? And using Odin 3.09 seems to play best with our phones, you may have just had a bad experience with your attempt, you can always try rjwilcos one click method or micmars nc5 tar and go back to complete stock and try the process again.

Reactions: TheoRidGEinal

rosystreasures

Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
rosycreates.etsy.com

I'm on NC5 and it took me a while to rot and get twrp to install on my n3. Here is what I did.

I used Odin 3.09
completely turn off phone
go into download mode
flash CFroot n900p to root
Let it go thru a full boot, then turned it off
Go into download mode
flash twrp 2.7.0.0. or 2.7.0.1

that did it for me.

TheoRidGEinal

Dec 25, 2011
Did you use CFautoroot first for the 9005? And using Odin 3.09 seems to play best with our phones, you may have just had a bad experience with your attempt, you can always try rjwilcos one click method or micmars nc5 tar and go back to complete stock and try the process again.

I am going to guess that part of my issue was bad flash and part wrong AutoRoot version. I had been using 9005, but the n900p from the below post worked better.

I'm on NC5 and it took me a while to rot and get twrp to install on my n3. Here is what I did.

I used Odin 3.09
go into download mode
Go into download mode

that did it for me.

This also was the working process for me. Honestly, it was the same order I was doing things, but for some reason being patient on the reboots helped. It probably also helped prevent issues with the flashing. Long story short, both these posts helped, and the process listed by rosystreasures is what I would suggest.

Reactions: ferfy67

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I used Odin 3.09
    go into download mode
    Go into download mode

that did it for me.
    I reboot to recovery

I am going to guess that part of my issue was bad flash and part wrong AutoRoot version. I had been using 9005, but the n900p from the below post worked better.

I used Odin 3.09
    go into download mode
    Go into download mode

that did it for me.

This also was the working process for me. Honestly, it was the same order I was doing things, but for some reason being patient on the reboots helped. It probably also helped prevent issues with the flashing. Long story short, both these posts helped, and the process listed by rosystreasures is what I would suggest.