Phantom or Ghost Touch Screen LG Optimus G

Search This thread

yawako

May 16, 2013
Few days earlier I started to notice this problem after 5 months of use of my device. My screen starts rapidly shaking left to right and front touch panel stop working, it happen when I freshly open an apps. To temporarily fixed it, I have to press power button to turn off the screen. Is it a hardware or software problem?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-27-06-07-15.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-27-06-07-15.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 674
  • Screenshot_2014-04-27-06-08-08.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-27-06-08-08.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 652
  • Screenshot_2014-04-27-06-08-23.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-27-06-08-23.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 646
Last edited:

patalao

Jan 24, 2009
Feira
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 3T
Did you flashed any rom or kernel?
Do you use trickster?
Some people sayed that uninstalling trickster solved their ghost touches on the keyboard (may not work in your case).
I had a similar problem and was because of a kernel.
If you had modified anything try to use stock for a while and see if the problem persist

Enviado do meu Optimus G através de Tapatalk

yawako

May 16, 2013
Stock, I guess I should wait for official kitkat. Dont have time thinkering my fone atm.

antilis

Sep 4, 2008
I was ghosts touches on my screen. One was pressed on all sides. To fix it I had to turn off and turn on the screen. I decided to change the touchscreen and the problem was fixed. Now it works ok.

Sorry my english.

Enviado desde mi LG-E975 mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: yawako

yawako

May 16, 2013
where do you get you're replacement touchscreen? any online site that offer spare parts?

antilis

Sep 4, 2008
where do you get you're replacement touchscreen? any online site that offer spare parts?

I bought it on ebay. Screen+touch+ frame. This option:
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=111278902215
But You can buy other options.

1. Touch + screen+ frame (medium dificult)

2. Touch + screen without frame (best option)

3. Only touch screen. (very dificult option)

Many people have told me that the best option is 2, without frame to not be taking off parts that are originally attached to the frame.

You can see totorials on youtube

Last edited:

yawako

May 16, 2013
Ghost Touch now keeps rapidly pulsing at the buttom edge of my screen (portrait) my phone is sometimes uncontrollable. I never thought this kind of newer high end device gets broken so easily under short period of time. I never experienced this from my good old Galaxy Y, Xperia mini and X8 that I accidentally deep under water even now still working in mint condition. So sad with LG products. I was planning to buy LG G Pad but because of this I probably get Nexus 7 instead.

Im going to sell this for $155

Reflash it again with stock firmware twice, problem still persist :(

Its now a hardware issue

Last edited:

yawako

May 16, 2013
Touch screen seems deteriorating overtime. At first Ghost Touch, then on the next day a dead touch portion just above the home screen panel where the ghost touch first occurred rapidly moving back and then after few days a ghost touch appeared again just below in the middle of the screen (portrait) then after an hour probably about 1.5mm size thickness dead touch. Now a I have 2 horizontal dead touch portion of my screen and probably more to come if I keep using it.

htomasz

Sep 17, 2010
Few days ago i'v got first phaton/ghost touch problem. I used Omni 4.4.4 so

- reflash to clean OmniRom (try few kernels) - the same
- flash to Android L Preview - the same

fu***

Install - ARTMod ROM so 99,9%of stock - and as for now all its ok.

Strange.

Update:
One day and zero problems.

Last edited:

dashcsn

Feb 6, 2011
Japan
Few days ago i'v got first phaton/ghost touch problem. I used Omni 4.4.4 so

- reflash to clean OmniRom (try few kernels) - the same
- flash to Android L Preview - the same

fu***

Install - ARTMod ROM so 99,9%of stock - and as for now all its ok.

Strange.

Update:
One day and zero problems.

Please, can you post the link from the exact same rom?
I've got so many ghost touches on an exact same point my screen (I posted that on another thread on this board) that made me got another phone, typing was impossible (the touches were on the left-down corner, right on swiftkey settings -_- )...I've tried many many roms, but nothing worked yet...

Thank you a lot!

htomasz

Sep 17, 2010
I've got so many ghost touches on an exact same point my screen (I posted that on another thread on this board) that made me got another phone, typing was impossible (the touches were on the left-down corner, right on swiftkey settings -_- )...I've tried many many roms, but nothing worked yet...

Thank you a lot!

On this ROM 0 phantom/ghost touch
http://xdaforums.com/optimus-g-intl/development/rom-e97520a-eu-4-4-2-artmodv3-0-te-10-t2811342

kt-Froggy

Sep 14, 2012
YVR
Samsung Galaxy Note II
LG G8
OK, this is freakin' weird... :confused:

I have been running KitKat on my F180S pretty much from the time it got released (different versions: full stock, VDT, Sling...). Yesterday, out of the blue, my digitizer started getting crazy with ghost touches in the upper portion of the screen (around the strip where Q-slide apps usually are in the notification shade, or the clock area on a weather widget where most people have it). This made the phone 100% unusable, as it was constantly registering touches. Rebooted to recovery to do a factory reset, and the problem was persistent in the recovery, too (I am using PhilZ Touch). So, at that point it looked like a hardware issue to me. To clear my consciousness, I opened the phone, disconnected the digitizer, cleaned the connectors, plugged it in again. No dice. :( Still, I thought about reflashing a full stock KDZ, just for the heck of it (no root, no custom recovery, locked BL). Here is what happened:

1. F180S V30c KitKat - same problem.
2. F180S V30b KitKat (downgraded a notch) - same problem.
3. F180S V20n Jelly Bean - everything is working fine, no ghost touches. Huh?!? :eek:
4. Rooted V20n, unlocked BL (Mako method) and flashed CWM using FreeGee - no problem, everything is still OK.
5. Flashed my favourite JB ROM - no problem, everything is still OK.

So, the phone is now running on rooted JB, with unlocked BL and CWM recovery, with no touchscreen problems whatsoever. I may try going to KK again at some point, but will just leave it for now, as I need a stable working phone.

WTF??? I am just scratching my head, trying to understand where the issue came from. It appears to be directly related to KitKat, since eliminating unlocked BL and custom recovery didn't solve the issue, but going back to JB (either full stock, or unlocked BL with CWM) totally cured it. The most bizarre thing is that it started out of nowhere, as I didn't do anything to my phone recently, apart from installing some apps here and there...

Last edited:

FcoEnrique

Jan 4, 2013
Santo Domingo
OK, this is freakin' weird... :confused:

I have been running KitKat on my F180S pretty much from the time it got released (different versions: full stock, VDT, Sling...). Yesterday, out of the blue, my digitizer started getting crazy with ghost touches in the upper portion of the screen (around the strip where Q-slide apps usually are in the notification shade, or the clock area on a weather widget where most people have it). This made the phone 100% unusable, as it was constantly registering touches. Rebooted to recovery to do a factory reset, and the problem was persistent in the recovery, too (I am using PhilZ Touch). So, at that point it looked like a hardware issue to me. To clear my consciousness, I opened the phone, disconnected the digitizer, cleaned the connectors, plugged it in again. No dice. :( Still, I thought about reflashing a full stock KDZ, just for the heck of it (no root, no custom recovery, locked BL). Here is what happened:

1. F180S V30c KitKat - same problem.
2. F180S V30b KitKat (downgraded a notch) - same problem.
3. F180S V20n Jelly Bean - everything is working fine, no ghost touches. Huh?!? :eek:
4. Rooted V20n, unlocked BL (Mako method) and flashed CWM using FreeGee - no problem, everything is still OK.
5. Flashed my favourite JB ROM - no problem, everything is still OK.

So, the phone is now running on rooted JB, with unlocked BL and CWM recovery, with no touchscreen problems whatsoever. I may try going to KK again at some point, but will just leave it for now, as I need a stable working phone.

WTF??? I am just scratching my head, trying to understand where the issue came from. It appears to be directly related to KitKat, since eliminating unlocked BL and custom recovery didn't solve the issue, but going back to JB (either full stock, or unlocked BL with CWM) totally cured it. The most bizarre thing is that it started out of nowhere, as I didn't do anything to my phone recently, apart from installing some apps here and there...

Kinda like my situation.
I have the sprint version of the phone,in every kitkat GEE ROM I have ghost touches, but not in Gproj kitkat ROMs neither in stock or JB.
some weird sh*t is happening here lol

kt-Froggy

Sep 14, 2012
YVR
Samsung Galaxy Note II
LG G8
Kinda like my situation.
I have the sprint version of the phone,in every kitkat GEE ROM I have ghost touches, but not in Gproj kitkat ROMs neither in stock or JB.
some weird sh*t is happening here lol
Yeah... But at least in your case the problem seems to be consistent. :) I was using my phone without any issues, and then it just crapped out for no apparent reason. Nothing changed, same ROM that was working fine before...

j4yd3n

Sep 29, 2014
Baguio City

The same thing happened to me. Are you guys familiar with Sky Vega phones? I had a Vega Iron before and also it began having ghost touch issues after upgrading to kitkat. I was frustrated, i also flashed any custom rom i could search and no luck at all. I just sold it recently! :( and i heard this ghost touch issue is also a common on Nexus 4.:rolleyes:

htomasz

Sep 17, 2010

Thank you a lot!

http://xdaforums.com/optimus-g-intl/development/rom-e97520a-eu-4-4-2-artmodv3-0-te-10-t2811342

dark_razor

Feb 4, 2015
Hello everybody,
I have the same problem with my LG - ghost touch and dead zones on the display. First installed the ROM from this link - http://xdaforums.com/opti...te-10-t2811342 , but the issue still exist.
Then change the display with a new one. Dead zones vanished but ghost touch doesn't. Tried some other ROMs even the original stock ROM.
When I installed the new display the ghost touch is mostly when I use Facebook Messenger.
What can I do in this situation?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was ghosts touches on my screen. One was pressed on all sides. To fix it I had to turn off and turn on the screen. I decided to change the touchscreen and the problem was fixed. Now it works ok.

Sorry my english.

Enviado desde mi LG-E975 mediante Tapatalk