Android Revolution HD 7.3

Search This thread

Cainsmoker

Jan 29, 2014
Hey guys,

Having some problems with this ROM. I downloaded the ZIP, used Titanium backup to back it all up, and flashed the Rom with no problems at all...got through all the screens and whatnot, and upon launching for the first time it's stuck on the "Beats Audio" screen. Not really sure why or what happened. I'm coming from MIUI ROM and haven't had issues with flashing any other ROM before.

One thing I noticed is on the HD 7.3 first page there is a firmware update that you apparently need before you flash the ROM but all links are 404/not found.

Wondering if any of you pros can offer a hand? :confused:

-Cain

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
Hey guys,

Having some problems with this ROM. I downloaded the ZIP, used Titanium backup to back it all up, and flashed the Rom with no problems at all...got through all the screens and whatnot, and upon launching for the first time it's stuck on the "Beats Audio" screen. Not really sure why or what happened. I'm coming from MIUI ROM and haven't had issues with flashing any other ROM before.

One thing I noticed is on the HD 7.3 first page there is a firmware update that you apparently need before you flash the ROM but all links are 404/not found.

Wondering if any of you pros can offer a hand? :confused:

-Cain

post the output of this command
fastboot getvar all

don't show your imei and serial number

and what recovery do you have?

Cainsmoker

Jan 29, 2014
post the output of this command
fastboot getvar all

don't show your imei and serial number

and what recovery do you have?

In looking at my Hboot, it's old as sin....I'm using Revolutionary Hboot 1.17.1111 and Radio 10.14.9035.01_M

I run clockwork recovery mod v5.0.2.0 as well. This could be an issue causing the problem. I've been using the MIUI ROM for probably 2 years or so because I enjoyed it but I'm ready for a change. Apparently my phone doesn't agree. lol.

You want me to connect via USB and run the cmd prompt for the getvar command and let you know what it says?

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
In looking at my Hboot, it's old as sin....I'm using Revolutionary Hboot 1.17.1111 and Radio 10.14.9035.01_M

I run clockwork recovery mod v5.0.2.0 as well. This could be an issue causing the problem. I've been using the MIUI ROM for probably 2 years or so because I enjoyed it but I'm ready for a change. Apparently my phone doesn't agree. lol.

You want me to connect via USB and run the cmd prompt for the getvar command and let you know what it says?

there is no need to do it now
you gave me exactly what i need
you still have gb firmware that's why you can't boot ARHD 7.3(ics rom)

see this thread
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1459767
flash 3.33 universal
follow the instructions to the letter
and before flashing check md5 sums(important)

Cainsmoker

Jan 29, 2014
The speedy reply is much appreciated.

I'll go ahead and update the firmware and see where that lands me. I figured it could have been a problem from the get go but in the original thread for the HD 7.3 Rom the firmware link has been removed (likely since it was from 2011)

Thanks for the point in the right direction Rzr, and I'll let you know how it goes!

there is no need to do it now
you gave me exactly what i need
you still have gb firmware that's why you can't boot ARHD 7.3(ics rom)

see this thread
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1459767
flash 3.33 universal
follow the instructions to the letter
and before flashing check md5 sums(important)

Cainsmoker

Jan 29, 2014
Hmmm....the firmware update didn't work.

I can verify that I'm on the firmware 3.3, Hboot is 1.27.1100, Radio is 11.24A.3504.31_M.

Each time Hboot is run it asks if I want to start the update. If I select yes, I've got 9 on screen options that it runs through and tells me "Update complete. Press power to reboot" The only way to do anything at all is to take out the SD card so it does not try to load up the firmware zip

Pushing power reboots the phone on an endless boot loop. Regardless of what ROM is being used (I also downloaded cyanogenmod) I can not make it past the spash screen.

Could it be that I'm just flashing the ROM incorrectly? To my knowledge I've followed instructions for both and have backed up my phone and it's contents and done everything from a factory reset/wipe to wiping the dalvik cache, etc. I didn't have this many problems rooting my phone and putting on MIUI to begin with and have flashed ROMS before with no trouble....not really sure where I'm going wrong on this one.

Anyway, I'll await your reply.

Thank you!

-Cain

Update: awww frick. So now it looks like this will be more difficult....I hope you like a challenge. I can now no longer get into my phone. It appears that it's soft bricked. I have tried going to a clockwork mod recovery from my first MIUI in 2012, it goes through the entire process of factory resetting restoring the boot image, system and data information. It asks for a reboot which I do. It goes to the white HTC splash screen and the MIUI initializes and goes black immediately. There doesn't seem to be a way to get my phone connected to my computer to get into the SD card to troubleshoot from inside the phone. :( Hopefully one of you guys has the answer for me. Is there any way to get into it via bootloader usb?

Last edited:

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
Hmmm....the firmware update didn't work.

I can verify that I'm on the firmware 3.3, Hboot is 1.27.1100, Radio is 11.24A.3504.31_M.

Each time Hboot is run it asks if I want to start the update. If I select yes, I've got 9 on screen options that it runs through and tells me "Update complete. Press power to reboot" The only way to do anything at all is to take out the SD card so it does not try to load up the firmware zip

Pushing power reboots the phone on an endless boot loop. Regardless of what ROM is being used (I also downloaded cyanogenmod) I can not make it past the spash screen.

Could it be that I'm just flashing the ROM incorrectly? To my knowledge I've followed instructions for both and have backed up my phone and it's contents and done everything from a factory reset/wipe to wiping the dalvik cache, etc. I didn't have this many problems rooting my phone and putting on MIUI to begin with and have flashed ROMS before with no trouble....not really sure where I'm going wrong on this one.

Anyway, I'll await your reply.

Thank you!

-Cain

Update: awww frick. So now it looks like this will be more difficult....I hope you like a challenge. I can now no longer get into my phone. It appears that it's soft bricked. I have tried going to a clockwork mod recovery from my first MIUI in 2012, it goes through the entire process of factory resetting restoring the boot image, system and data information. It asks for a reboot which I do. It goes to the white HTC splash screen and the MIUI initializes and goes black immediately. There doesn't seem to be a way to get my phone connected to my computer to get into the SD card to troubleshoot from inside the phone. :( Hopefully one of you guys has the answer for me. Is there any way to get into it via bootloader usb?

remove the pg58img.zip from your sdcard so it won't scan and identify any pg58img.zip file
and don't restore your miui rom because probably is a gb one and now you have an ics firmware installed
just download an ics or jb rom
put it on your sdcard
full wipe from recovery
flash the rom
done

Cainsmoker

Jan 29, 2014
remove the pg58img.zip from your sdcard so it won't scan and identify any pg58img.zip file
and don't restore your miui rom because probably is a gb one and now you have an ics firmware installed
just download an ics or jb rom
put it on your sdcard
full wipe from recovery
flash the rom
done

With the phone being in a boot loop I can't get it detected by my computer to remove/add anything from the SD card. I do have the HD 7.3 ROM on and the Gapps that's required but it never makes it past the "beats audio" splash screen. I have no idea what's going on with it but will try any suggestions you've got up your sleeve.

Cainsmoker

Jan 29, 2014
Ahhhhh....I've gotten a fix for this!

I was unable to do anything because of the update zip which wanted me to update every time bootloader was initiated. By keeping my case off I removed my SD card to be able to boot in recovery and then put the SD card back in to load the HD 7.3 zip from the card. This seemed to take care of the problem.

Thanks for the help Rzr :)