[Q] Virtual machine?

Search This thread

purec0de

Nov 12, 2007
London
Hi all,

this may be a silly question, and i apologise if its already been asked....

so on my Windows 7 laptop, i want to run some old programs...i use the Windows XP virtual machine feature....

is there an equivalent app for ANDROID that i can install on my HDX8.9 that would effectively allow me to run a stock rom 'inside' the virtual machine?

...and obviously get full play access ....or there would be little point.

obivously there would most likely be performance issues etc. and you are running and O/S within an O/S which some may find confusing or cumbersome.

just a thought....anyone know?

regards
Dale

Reckerr

Feb 26, 2012
Safestrap I believe. 13.3.1 or 14. You have your original OS and then allow you to create another Android OS(kinda).

I think I missed the whole idea you were getting at...:(

Last edited:

ferrouskid

Mar 12, 2014
Hi all,

so on my Windows 7 laptop, i want to run some old programs...i use the Windows XP virtual machine feature....

is there an equivalent app for ANDROID that i can install on my HDX8.9 that would effectively allow me to run a stock rom 'inside' the virtual machine?

obivously there would most likely be performance issues etc. and you are running and O/S within an O/S which some may find confusing or cumbersome.

regards
Dale

There is a way to mount linux in a rooted device- without actually installing it. Oracle might have worked around that- but the problem with a virtual machine is they are not actually installed. Something as easy to run as android could work- but seriously, that could work.

iattilagy

Nov 28, 2011
Budapest
Hi all,

regards
Dale

Your only option is an emulator, since windows runs on x86 and kindle has arm. Snapdragon 800 might be powerfull enough to emulate a windows xp, but be prepaired for serious perfomance issues. You should use the oldest version of windows that your software runs on. But for native android apps use 1mobile market.

purec0de

Nov 12, 2007
London
Thanks all for the responses....just to clarify, what I was trying to ask is is there an app for android like the Virtual PC app on Windows that runs Android.....so I would be running a sandboxed android on android lol, kinda hoping for an alternative solution to the current root crisis....I.e. I have no root and its really frustrating that the awesome hardware in my HDX is crippled by not being able to access the play store....never mind the fact I can't load additional keyboards or wallpapers etc.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

Patrick4

Jan 18, 2013
I'm sure you could run it in chroot, you'd have to create a bash script to boot it :eek:

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
Thanks all for the responses....just to clarify, what I was trying to ask is is there an app for android like the Virtual PC app on Windows that runs Android.....so I would be running a sandboxed android on android lol, kinda hoping for an alternative solution to the current root crisis....I.e. I have no root and its really frustrating that the awesome hardware in my HDX is crippled by not being able to access the play store....never mind the fact I can't load additional keyboards or wallpapers etc.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

No there is no application that allow that which I am aware of. But this almost what safestrap does.

Envoyé de mon KFTHWI en utilisant Tapatalk