[XT1068] Lollipop with Dual-SIM working!

Search This thread

ffosilva

Oct 26, 2010
Campina Grande, PB
I did some tricks (like I did before on XT1033->XT1032 variant) and it worked like a charm!!! I'm uploading at this time a flashable zip. I'll post instructions after upload.
There's some screenshots attached.
[]'s

Installation steps:
1) Flash RETUAWS_XT1064_4.4.4_KXB21.85-17_cid9_CFC without flashing fsg.mbn (if you're on another firmware, you'll get errors on install process)
Important: Do not flash fsg.mbn or you will have NO SIGNAL after installation and need to flash XT1068/XT1069 fsg.mbn back after the process to get signal back.
2) Install custom recovery (CWM, TWRP, etc...)
3) Download and install update_nofsg.zip via recovery.
4) Wipe cache/data.
5) If you doesn't get any error message at install process, reboot and wait... (it's around 5 minutes first startup)

update-nofsg-working.zip - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3o5NziVM8e5UU9QRjNaYzJQeG8&authuser=0
(I bring back this file because someone said to me that this is working and sent to me screenshots.)

Problems with file permissions. When I get home, I'll fix this.

Magically it's working again. =O

Buglist:
1) no sim selector activity, you need to select a single sim for voice calls (I'm working on this)

Working receive calls from both SIMs

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-13-07-51-02.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-13-07-51-02.png
    54.1 KB · Views: 19,253
  • Screenshot_2014-11-13-07-54-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-13-07-54-20.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 19,330
Last edited:

BeepBob

Nov 19, 2009
Thanks so much for sharing this.

However, since you can't upload the file right now, would you be able to give a short step by step (I'd gladly take bullett points without long descriptions just as a guideline).

Also: Does it require root? Unlocked phone?

Thanks again!

adukale

Nov 27, 2012
Solapur-Pune-Mumbai
I did some tricks (like I did before on XT1033->XT1032 variant) and it worked like a charm!!! I'm uploading at this time a flashable zip. I'll post instructions after upload.
[]'s
PS: See my reputation before saying that this trick is fake. =P
PS2 - AND IMPORTANT! You need to flash RETUAWS_XT1064_4.4.4_KXB21.85-17_cid9_CFC without fsg.mbn image. (keep stock fsg image)

OK:

I can't upload right now the flashable zip (i'm using 3G right now). The trick is adding these lines to end of /system/build.prop file:

persist.radio.multisim.config=dsds
persist.multisim.config=dsds

And flashing back fsg.mbn from stock firmware.

[]'s

eagerly waiting

Adaho0

Jan 13, 2008
Use your head, search and read, don't just ask. You're a Senior Member!! Use google to search Project Volta.

Reactions: immy8796

samcortez

Dec 11, 2011
Curitiba
Hey, I'm Brazilian too! Parabéns, cara, haha! What have you done? Flashed 4.4.4 image from xt1063 into xt1068, upgraded to lollipop and then just edited the build.prop?

Last edited:

deownagee

Account currently disabled
Nov 26, 2012
Usa
cutt.ly
Will Mobile Network eventually work in Europe? Since I'm still waiting for Lollipop to arrive on my XT1068

Adaho0

Jan 13, 2008
@samcortez after that, you must flash your original (mean from your original stock KK software) fsg.mbc using mfastboot.

Reactions: samcortez

dashcsn

Feb 6, 2011
Japan
Great work! É DO BRASIL! hahaha
The flashable file...I have to root my device and flash through recovery, or I can just sideload it via adb?

thx!

Reactions: GuilhermeKarpov

StariX37

Jan 23, 2012
Mumbai
[]'s
PS: See my reputation before saying that this trick is fake. =P
PS2 - AND IMPORTANT! You need to flash RETUAWS_XT1064_4.4.4_KXB21.85-17_cid9_CFC without fsg.mbn image. (keep stock fsg image)

OK:

I can't upload right now the flashable zip (i'm using 3G right now). The trick is adding these lines to end of /system/build.prop file:

And flashing back fsg.mbn from stock firmware.

[]'s

Thnx for u r effort buddy :thumbup:

Can u tell me how to downgrade from KXB21.85-23 to 21.85-17.

And is downgrade possible because i tried to downgrade to 85-17 earlier for retaildsdsall.en03.retin. It kept giving me errors while downgrading.

Because i m currently on the KXB21.85-23 build.

As u have told that we need to flash The

RETUAWS_XT1064_4.4.4_KXB21.85-17_cid9_CFC. That means its a downgrade to a US firmware.

Plzz provide the steps
I will be grateful to you..

glossywhite

Dec 24, 2009
I can't imagine that the AWS version of the USA firmware would be the only one that this could be used with. I'd think that the global GSM variant would be a better fit for non USA owners, in fact:

"Blur_Version.21.11.17.titan_retuglb.retuglb.en.US"

(glb = global)

Thoughts?

Last edited:

StariX37

Jan 23, 2012
Mumbai
Where do i need to edit the build.prop ???

On the RETAILAWS or after flashing Lollipop update zip.

I m very much confused...

Plzzz give step by step instructions..

Reactions: glossywhite

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    []'s

Installation steps:
    1) Flash RETUAWS_XT1064_4.4.4_KXB21.85-17_cid9_CFC without flashing fsg.mbn (if you're on another firmware, you'll get errors on install process)
    Important: Do not flash fsg.mbn or you will have NO SIGNAL after installation and need to flash XT1068/XT1069 fsg.mbn back after the process to get signal back.
    2) Install custom recovery (CWM, TWRP, etc...)
    3) Download and install update_nofsg.zip via recovery.
    4) Wipe cache/data.
    5) If you doesn't get any error message at install process, reboot and wait... (it's around 5 minutes first startup)

update-nofsg-working.zip - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3o5NziVM8e5UU9QRjNaYzJQeG8&authuser=0
    (I bring back this file because someone said to me that this is working and sent to me screenshots.)

Problems with file permissions. When I get home, I'll fix this.

Magically it's working again. =O

Buglist:
    1) no sim selector activity, you need to select a single sim for voice calls (I'm working on this)

Working receive calls from both SIMs
    cant wait you upload zip file :good:

Uploading right now.
    Finally with 2 SIM working in dialer

Well, finally I can make 2 SIM work in my phone and dialer also works.

I not use the XT1064 firmware, I use the XT1063 firmware and add the same values in the build.prop file.

I use these files:
    1. Stock 1033 firmware http://sbf.droid-developers.org/download.php?device=36&file=943
    2. Lollipop OTA http://xdaforums.com/moto-g-2014/general/ota-moto-g-2014-xt1063-v22-11-6-android-t2939881
    3. Build.prop modified (see attachment) with flash zip

You can flash the stock firmware with these commands (including fsg.mbn)
    Code:
    mfastboot.exe flash partition gpt.bin
    mfastboot.exe flash motoboot motoboot.img
    mfastboot.exe flash logo logo.bin
    mfastboot.exe flash boot boot.img
    mfastboot.exe flash recovery recovery.img
    mfastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
    mfastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
    mfastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
    mfastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
    mfastboot.exe flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
    mfastboot.exe erase modemst1 
    mfastboot.exe erase modemst2 
    mfastboot.exe flash fsg fsg.mbn
    mfastboot.exe erase cache 
    mfastboot.exe erase userdata
    mfastboot reboot

Then reboot your phone and wait to first boot (don't worry at this point, maybe SIM shows No service status)

Then copy to internal storage or SD card the other two files, then reboot to bootloader and enter in recovery mode, then select apply update from SD and select the lollipop OTA and wait to apply.

Then, the phone will reboot and now you are on Lollipop and maybe the SIM still shows No service status.

At this point you need to add this values to the build.prop file
    Code:

Or flash the attached zip in TWRP recovery, this change the build.prop with modified one.

Then boot and ready, the phone have two SIMS and dialer is working

NOTE1: If dialer still crashes with 2 SIM , you need open the phone app, touch the 3 dots in the search box and select Settings, then Call settings and then in SIM config select SIM 1 or SIM 2 to make calls, this app crash when promt SIM is selected. See the attached pictures for more info

NOTE2: In case to lost the 2 signal and no connection with your provider, you can flash the modem of your original firmware using this commands
    Code:
    mfastboot.exe flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
    mfastboot.exe erase modemst1 
    mfastboot.exe erase modemst2 
    mfastboot.exe flash fsg fsg.mbn
    L
    luckiesjohnny
    The way it worked for me was the following:

- i have tried a lot, so back to the rules
    - flashed with fastboot this rom http://sbf.droid-developers.org/download.php?device=36&file=941 (Android 4.4.4 Blur_Version.21.11.14.titan_retde.retdeall.en.DE)
    - boot the rom, skip 1st config
    - with this rom, you should have both sim
    - boot to bootloader
    - flashed with fastboot this rom http://sbf.droid-developers.org/download.php?device=36&file=942 (Android 4.4.4 Blur_Version.21.11.17.titan_retuaws.retuaws.en.US)
    - boot this rom, skip 1st config
    - dont worry, i had no sim card (no network service) with both sim
    - now, copy (in my way CWM phil) a recovery and the ROM from OP (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3o5NziVM8e5UU9QRjNaYzJQeG8&authuser=0) AND SuperSU (http://download.chainfire.eu/606/SuperSU/BETA-SuperSU-v2.22.zip)
    - boot to bootloader
    - flash the recovery
    - boot to recovery
    - flash SuperSU
    - boot to the rom
    - nothing changed
    - boot to bootloader
    - flash the rom from OP (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3o5NziVM8e5UU9QRjNaYzJQeG8&authuser=0)
    - enjoy Lollipop with Dual-SIM (i dont use a 2nd sim, but i should be able to use it, with no problems)

i hope, i could help with that litte tutorial
    ### Pre-emptative warning ###

Since there is no hard and fast evidence (yet) that downgrading from Lollipop back to KitKat on Moto G is possible, I think it would be extremely prudent of the OP to include a warning, duly noting that IF THIS GOES WRONG, YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO REVERT TO STOCK 4.4.4 (KitKat).