[Discontinued]

Search This thread

Wootever

Jun 27, 2012

Boot your phone into download mode:
Put your G2 into download mode by switching it off, hold the Volume up button and insert the usb cable into the phone; wait for the drivers to finish loading if doing it for the first time.​

Start the LG Mobile Support Tool and click on Options -> Upgrade Recovery

yzmzii3ylece.png

It should now download the firmware (about 2gb) and flash it - this may take some time.

xgbjvrpg5wbe.png

This is needed if you stuck in a bootloop after the flash is done:
Factory reset (this wipe your data and sdcard):
1. Turn the phone off.
2. Press and hold the Power and Volume down button.
3. When the LG logo pops up let go for a second and press the combo again.
4. You'll be prompted to press the Power button 3 times to wipe the device.​

Last edited:

imstill@g

Jun 6, 2007
OnePlus 9
I would hate to have to use this, but wow what a good find. Thanks for contributing.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk 4

Steve125

Aug 19, 2010
Just got my g2. About to root install twrp etc. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for posting.

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

karstensson

Jun 10, 2010
I used this method last night and it didnt mess with the storage at all. They don't even have a 16gb G2 so who knows. Also are you sure you are not mistaken cause this method doesnt wipe data.

I know it does'nt wipe data, but it reflashes recovery, and in my case something went wrong. But Lg DO sell D802 as a 16 gb model!

karstensson

Jun 10, 2010
I don't understand how could this be, you downloaded the specific firmware for your device (using your serial number)...

Can't you just try to flash it again ?

I have reflashed it 5 times:) The problem was that it asked for some kind of password the first time (not the pin). So I did a factory reset. Now even TWRP says that my storage is 10.66 gb :/

Noam23

Feb 26, 2008
I have reflashed it 5 times:) The problem was that it asked for some kind of password the first time (not the pin). So I did a factory reset. Now even TWRP says that my storage is 10.66 gb :/

Which password exactly ? when ? in the process of flashing ? the OP mentions no stage in which you need to give password...

What are you going to do now ? your device is not rooted, so you can replace it under warranty, no ?

karstensson

Jun 10, 2010
Which password exactly ? when ? in the process of flashing ? the OP mentions no stage in which you need to give password...

What are you going to do now ? your device is not rooted, so you can replace it under warranty, no ?

It did not say what the password was for, just asked for it. It came up after the phone had booted, but before i could see the lockscreen. I will wait a couple of weeks, to check if someone else gets the same problem, or if it is fixable. Otherwise i will hand it in on the warranty since there are not traces of root.

Noam23

Feb 26, 2008
It did not say what the password was for, just asked for it. It came up after the phone had booted, but before i could see the lockscreen. I will wait a couple of weeks, to check if someone else gets the same problem, or if it is fixable. Otherwise i will hand it in on the warranty since there are not traces of root.

Why should a password appear at that stage ???

If you went through all of the flash process successfully, booted successfully and only then did a factory reset (when you saw that password), I see no reason to blame the factory reset that you did. This is something to do with the flash process. Maybe this is kind of a punishment that LG unleash on those who use this process ? :p seriously, why on earth would anyone try to flash his LG2, if it wasn't to get rid of root ? I also don't understand how the password went away after you did hard-reset, since the device was "hard-reset" when you did that flash. You said that you re-flashed about 5 times, did that password appear after each of those 5 times ?

Last edited:

dmbardal

Just wanted to notify that this method made my 32gb D802 a 16 gb one!

Same issue here.

I also got the question after I used the software to enter my encryptionkey. Wich I didnt have.
So I had to hardreset from the recoverymenu (volume down + pwr), then I suddenly had 10.77GB left instead of 26.77GB or something similar.
Annoys me pretty darn much at the time beeing!

I did use my IMEI, not my serialnumber and model. I'll try to use the serial and model this time around, and see if there are any differences at all in doing so.

And yes, it does say 32GB on the back. So we're not mistaken it for a 16GB-model :p
And it does say that the model is the 32GB when I check the hardware-info on the android itself.

Maybe this has something to do with me using the adbcommand for mounting storage incorrectly?
I thought however it would be reset when I used the LG Mobile Support Tool to hardreset everything though.

Last edited:

U4z

Mar 22, 2013
Will this work with the AT&T model D800?
Also does this remove all traces of root to the point where you get your warranty back?

whittikins

Oct 12, 2011
The windows application keeps getting a Windows error and closing shortly after the process begins. Any tips?

Last edited:

antawnm26

Apr 3, 2008
Atlanta
I would prob stay away from this if i was anyone else....Because it must be messing people phones up and changing the storage capacity

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Boot your phone into download mode:
    Put your G2 into download mode by switching it off, hold the Volume up button and insert the usb cable into the phone; wait for the drivers to finish loading if doing it for the first time.​

Start the LG Mobile Support Tool and click on Options -> Upgrade Recovery

yzmzii3ylece.png

It should now download the firmware (about 2gb) and flash it - this may take some time.

xgbjvrpg5wbe.png

This is needed if you stuck in a bootloop after the flash is done:
    Factory reset (this wipe your data and sdcard):
    1. Turn the phone off.
    2. Press and hold the Power and Volume down button.
    3. When the LG logo pops up let go for a second and press the combo again.
    4. You'll be prompted to press the Power button 3 times to wipe the device.​
    I was reading elsewhere that if you wait about an hour the message will revert back to rooted. Can you check yours again?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Just checked and still says unrooted and the restore to stock took place yesterday afternoon.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I'm trying to go through this procedure and I have nothing but trouble.

I accidentally wiped EVERYTHING from my phone, and I believe I have no software on it other than TWRP.
    I could be wrong, as I have no way of confirming it.

It would be awesome if I could get this to work, but the process fails every single time.

I have installed the drivers.
    I have the phone in download mode.
    I am running the LG Mobile Support Tool, it's finding the G2 as an "L02E", country settings Denmark (which is correct), and clams the firmware is D80210A, and I choose the upgrade recovery option. The program finds my phone and states that the firmware is up to date. Still, I run the Upgrade Recovery.

It runs through the first of the four screens, analyzing and testing for conflicting software. Then it crashes with the following message:
    "LGUserCSTool LGMobile Application stopped working".

Can anyone please help me get around this? Any suggestions as to what I could be doing wrong?

Thank you in advance.
    Kingkeld.
    Thanks for posting this!!!

Still says unrooted..

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    is the phone completely unrooted? when you boot into download mode does it still say rooted?

Nope, it says UNROOTED.