[APP] [WM 6.5!!] |VGA!!| Pandora Radio Cab -Updated 9.29.09

Search This thread

krook6023

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 9, 2009
Midwest, USA
OnePlus 8

Over at PPCGeeks they have posted a cooked cab that (I think) was 1st posted over here at XDA and then edited further. The graphics have been tweaked and what we have is a usable and fairly attractive VGA version. I did not make, edit or even tweak this app so my troubleshooting knowledge is limited. This will not work with every ROM but this cab works for me running ★ EnergyROM 'Genesis' (SYS 23016) Manila 2.1 - 9.20.09 WM 6.5 ★ and is fully functional!

Pandora Radio is your own FREE personalized radio now available to stream music on your Windows Mobile handset. Just start with the name of one of your favorite artists, songs or classical composers and Pandora will create a “station” that plays their music and more music like it. Pandora on Windows Mobile is fully integrated with Pandora on the web. Enjoy all your existing stations – and create new ones right from your Windows Mobile handset.

With Pandora you can explore this vast trove of music to your heart's content. Just drop the name of one of your favorite songs or artists into Pandora and let the Genome Project go. It will quickly scan its entire world of analyzed music, almost a century of popular recordings - new and old, well known and completely obscure - to find songs with interesting musical similarities to your choice. Then sit back and enjoy as it creates a listening experience full of current and soon-to-be favorite songs for you.

You can create up to 100 unique "stations." And you can even refine them. If it's not quite right you can tell it so and it will get better for you.

Updated 7/27
New cab posted! XDA member NRGZ28 was nice enough edit this cab so that it DOES add a shortcut to the start menu....thanks NRG!

Updated 9/29
New cab posted! XDA member bkress has made a cab that should help those who have the C++ Error, please see Post # 83 and and try downloading this cab at your own risk...thanks bkress!

ATTENTION EnergyROM Users
-->CLICK HERE<-- to download the exact same cab except it adds the shortcut to start/programs/multimedia for streamlined use with EnergyROMs.

buttondid.png

When I try to install Pandora I get a C++ error!!!
This is typically caused by a some type of software that is conflicting with the installation. Member bkress has made a cab that should help those who have the C++ Error, please see Post # 83 and and try downloading this cab at your own risk

I installed Pandora but where is the shortcut?
Download the new version, Thanks to NRGZ28...this issue has been solved!! New cab posted 7/27 which does add a shortcut to the start menu.

Pandora installs fine but I get stuck at the "connecting" screen!!
Try logging on to your Pandora account on your computer (not your phone) and change your email address to a different one and then try you use the app on your phone. Also using the Advanced Configuration Tool try navigating to Network>TCP Window and change the value to 98304, Save your changes, and soft-reset.

Pandora in not showing up in my task manager?
How do I close Pandora?

This version like so many others will not show up in the task manager and will not close just by pressing the X button, you have to press menu (down on the circular pad) then select exit Pandora from the menu.

Once I have switched to another app how do I switch back to Pandora?
To switch back to the program simply click on the shortcut as if to launch it again and it will switch back to the app.

Do I need a subscription for this service?
No.

I have tried all this and it still will not work!!
It should be noted that this seems to be working for people running the newest EnergyROM by NRGZ28...you could always try flashing a different ROM. Before flashing any ROM make sure that you flash the correct one for your phone (i.e. GSM or CDMA) and follow all flashing procedures described in the Stickies and provided by the Chef.

:D

Attachments

• Pandora+VGA+IVAN1+SC.cab
    843.4 KB · Views: 16,747
Last edited:

MRFERRARI23

Jul 19, 2007
NYC AkA GOTHAM!
So I installed to my htc fuze running sheps wm 6.5 w/manila 2 but after I put in my info an click next it goes to the blue pandora screen with the spinning thing an stays there an doesnt work?!?!?! why's that?? anyone w/some input please?? :D

HTCWiz

Feb 13, 2007
Argh, neither one works for me....

If this is old news I apologize but I thought this warranted a new thread. I have been trying for a long time to find a working VGA version of Pandora that will work with Windows Mobile 6.5 and I finally found one. This cab works for me…fully functional…and the graphics have been edited to work on VGA.

Over at PPCGeeks they have posted a cooked cab that (I think) was 1st posted over here at XDA and then edited further to work correctly. I am on T-Mobile using EnergyROM 'Magic' (23003) TF3D2.

If you would like to give it a try you can download the cab here.

I'm having a problem regarding the 'vector subscript out of range line 756' error upon launching the application.

I've got the Sprint Touch Pro CDMA version running Groove Rom 5.0 with WinCE v5.2.21815.

Anyone else run into this issue?

I've tried two different versions of the Pandora VGA "hack" and both report back the same error.

Am I missing something? :mad:

Last edited:

krook6023

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 9, 2009
Midwest, USA
OnePlus 8
Not sure about either of the two issues above...but it has been said that other software can effect the install of Pandora...I could never get it to work with Mobile Shell 3. Maybe try installing Pandora first after a clean flash and see if it works.

GldRush98

Jun 3, 2006
Taylorville, IL.
www.GldRush98.com
Nice, works great on my Fuze!
Even the screen taps work and stuff is in the right spot now.
My only complaint would be the Fonts are still Micro, but at least we have a fully functioning Pandora.
Thanks!
Also, I have attached the file here so people won't have to sign up for a PPCGeeks account just to download the file.

krook6023

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 9, 2009
Midwest, USA
OnePlus 8
Nice, works great on my Fuze!
Even the screen taps work and stuff is in the right spot now.
My only complaint would be the Fonts are still Micro, but at least we have a fully functioning Pandora.
Thanks!
Also, I have attached the file here so people won't have to sign up for a PPCGeeks account just to download the file.

Good idea, I updated the 1st post with the attachment.

Last edited:

mavblues

Nov 2, 2008
Same here - app gets stuck at "connecting" after you enter the artist's name.

CDMA Touch Pro with WM 6.5

krook6023

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 9, 2009
Midwest, USA
OnePlus 8
So I installed to my htc fuze running sheps wm 6.5 w/manila 2 but after I put in my info an click next it goes to the blue pandora screen with the spinning thing an stays there an doesnt work?!?!?! why's that?? anyone w/some input please?? :D

Same here. Even over Wifi.

Same here - stuck at "Connecting" after you enter the artist's name.

I have heard this may work for fixing that...using advanced config navigate to Network>TCP Window and change the value to 98304, Save your changes, and soft-reset.

fone_fanatic

Aug 4, 2005
Central Texas
Thanks! On my way out to the gym and my ipod is dead and can't find the charger... So this will be the first time i take my Fuze to the gym, wish me luck! haha

also I installed it to storage card and it didn't create a shortcut to my programs :/

Sign in worked, on my way out the door... lets see how this goes.

---update------

Everything worked out well.. Buttons on the bottom are a little off and the font in the menus is small but thats just cosmetic and doesn't bother me.

It took a little longer than expected to buffer between songs :/
Used about 55% of battery for 1.5hrs of streaming and maybe 5 min of internet browsing.

When i left the gym it said 45% remaining (left the house with a 100% charge). When i got home it said 27% remaining.. i live less than 3 min from my gym, soft reset the device and now it says 30% remaining :S ?

OH yah, also you can't exit the program just by pressing the X button, you have to press menu (down on the cirular pad) then select exit pandora from the menu.

Last edited:

Tenny

Jul 10, 2007
Houston, TX
www.tenfpv.com
Mine gives me a ton of errors...

Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library

Debug Assertion Failed!

Program: \Program Files\Pandora\Pandora.exe
File: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\ce\include\vector
Line: 756
Expression: vector subscript out of range

then after i press ignore it gives me the sme thing except
Line: 757
Expression: ("Standard C++ Libraries out of range", 0)

Then it crashes.