[Root] HTC A9

Search This thread

jcase

Retired Forum Mod / Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Raleigh NC
This method is now depreciated, please see the A9 TWRP thread.

If you appreciate this, please considering donating to Chainfire, and either donating to beaups and myself at doxsearch@gmail.com or purchasing a copy of our SunShine s-off application, which we hope to bring support to the A9 with soon from http://theroot.ninja

Last edited:

krazie1

Jun 5, 2010
I really agree with you on this being and looking better than the Nexus 5X, thanks for Root.

Reactions: maxosis

Lizard

Mar 12, 2006
Nice, so the A9 will be supported by Sunshine in the future? Great job!

Will972

Feb 17, 2011
paris
OPPO Find X3 Pro
Hey Jcase thank u for this nice thread..

My question is my device is 1.10.401.7 and i need to root it by your thread so :

-First i need to unkock the bootloader
- download the supersu or superuser and reboot "adb reboot download" and get acces to option and then flash the su zip ?

I'm right ?

jcase

Feb 20, 2010
Raleigh NC
Hey Jcase thank u for this nice thread..

My question is my device is 1.10.401.7 and i need to root it by your thread so :

-First i need to unkock the bootloader
- download the supersu or superuser and reboot "adb reboot download" and get acces to option and then flash the su zip ?

I'm right ?

If its a non ATT A09, then I will need to whip together an image for your device. Let me know if it isn't and I can

jcase

Feb 20, 2010
Raleigh NC
For use Sprint users , is there anything we can do to help along with a Sprint version of this?

--

Just got the A9 today. . . I did not think about how new it was , and was all kinds of looking forward to getting rooted. :)

See "[Requesting Model/Carrier/Firmware Support]" in the op

David 617

May 12, 2011
@jcase
Holy ****. You just tear though htc ;)!

I used your root on the m8 way back.

Thank you so much! Keep up the awesome work!

jmanley69

Feb 21, 2009
PM me then, I will need to build a boot.img for sprint
I also have Sprint. I should be able to flash the "recovery" image (not the boot) that you provided and then backup the boot partition from recovery correct?

Also, can your boot image (the one you would make for Sprint) work WITH encryption? I just spent the entire weekend setting up my device and do NOT want to reset to factory.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This method is now depreciated, please see the A9 TWRP thread.

If you appreciate this, please considering donating to Chainfire, and either donating to beaups and myself at doxsearch@gmail.com or purchasing a copy of our SunShine s-off application, which we hope to bring support to the A9 with soon from http://theroot.ninja
    SunShine can now s-off the HTC A9 - http://theroot.ninja
    Rooting should be easier now, since there's a new flashable zip of SuperSU (2.61) that automatically patches and roots the boot.img.

So you just have to 1) unlock, 2) flash TWRP, 3) Format Data, 4) reboot recovery and 5) flash the zip. Reboot and you're rooted!

P.S. I'm not providing a link to it - search on the site works perfectly fine ;)
    FYI

I posted an updated TWRP at the link in the OP that fixes the USB connection issues. Besides decryption (which isn't supported in TWRP because HTC uses proprietary encryption), TWRP should now be working 100%. I'll be submitting my device files soon for official inclusion, and probably starting an official TWRP thread as well.
    Real quick

Until which time @Dees_Troy can build an "official" one, here's the TWRP I just built with working touch. Just don't disable MTP or you'll have to reboot recovery to get USB connection back (still working on that).

https://basketbuild.com/devs/Captain_Throwback/One (A9)/Recovery/TWRP