[APP][2.1+]MinimalLock[06/10] - Gesture based, Notifications, Music Controls

Search This thread

crazyfool_1

Nov 25, 2010
promo.png

MinimalLock is simple concept. It has no buttons or sliders, using solely gestures to handle your music controls, sms and call notifications and of course unlocking your phone.

It can display sms or call notification in the form of a contact picture as depicted above. When a notification is tapped it can open directly to the sms thread, show a quick preview or simply dismiss it.

It also has music controls which supports a variety of music players including PowerAmp, DoubleTwist, Winamp, PlayerPro, Google Play Music, Amazon MP3, MIUI, Apollo and many more.

Feature filled and minimalistic. Simple.
Freehttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=robj.minimal.lock or Prohttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=robj.minimal.lockpro - Please leave a review if you like the app :)

If anyone has any feature requests or ideas I will be happy to look into implementing them if possible.

Feedback is greatly appreciated. Screens attached. Enjoy :)
HOME BUTTON does unlock the screen as many have pointed out however there is no easy way around this. I am looking into it but I'm not sure if I want to implement what is essentially a hack to prevent this. My advice to you for now is simple.. Don't press the home button :)

To be added:

• None
Bug Tracker:

• None
    * Fixed in upcoming release

Last edited:

crazyfool_1

Nov 25, 2010
Changelog

ChangeLog
Version 1.6 - 13/10/12
  • Fixed wallpaper bug
  • Lockscreen now starts immediately after a reboot
  • Removed leading 0 on 12 hour time format
  • Faster lock screen loading
  • Minor bug fixes

Version 1.5.2 - 06/10/12
  • Added color picker
  • Added BeyondPod support (username request)
  • Fixed black or custom wallpaper issue
  • Wallpaper now autocrops, no longer squeezes or stretches an image
  • Minor bug fixes

Version 1.4.3 - 01/10/12 - BETA
  • Added long press for Help option
  • Possible fix for some people having to swipe multiple times to unlock
  • Fix lockscreen shows over call when listening to music
  • Changed missed call to open to call log
  • Disable orientation change - Portrait only for now

Version 1.4 - 30/09/12 - BETA
  • Added twelve hour clock option
  • Added option to choose unlock gesture
  • Added option to choose font from SD card
  • Added option to change font size
  • Fixed quick preview bug
  • Changed quick preview appearance
  • Made settings scrollable
  • Minor bug fixes

Version 1.1 - 22/09/12 - BETA
  • Fixed bug with sms sometimes opening to an empty thread
  • Added quick preview

Version 1.0.1 - 22/09/12
  • Minor bug fixes
  • Fixed lock screen stops working bug

Version 1.0 - 20/09/12
  • Optimized lockscreen loading
  • Added the option for a custom wallpaper
  • Minor bug fixes

Version 0.6 - 18/09/12
  • Fixed settings screen closing automatically
  • Removed option to disable stock lockscreen, this is now the default functionality
  • Minor bug fixes

Version 0.5 - 18/09/12
  • Added an option to disable the native lockscreen
  • Fixed a bug where the lockscreen shows over the dialer while in call (Broken by the lockscreen fix)

Version 0.4 - 17/09/12
  • Fixed app showing over normal lockscreen
  • Fixed lag when unlocking
  • Fixed app flashing up during switching settings tab

Version 0.3.4 - 16/09/12
  • Fixed music controls showing null
  • Fixed MinimalLocker not always showing
  • Fixed white box if contact has no image
  • Fixed MinimalLocker showing over call screen
  • Fixed calls and texts for the same contact showing two pics
  • Changed font size
  • Changed font to default
  • Change default contact image
  • Added dark theme (Text)
  • Added option for missed calls
  • Added option to toggle Lockscreen elements
  • Added down swipe to unlock on music control screen
  • Improved settings UI
  • Various optimizations
  • Missed call now open to Contact card
  • New Icon

Version 0.2 - 15/09/12
  • MinimalLock no longer shows up in running apps
  • Call notifications not always showing bug fixed
  • Battery status doesn't always update bug fixed
  • Back button no longer unlocks the screen
  • Added support for many more music players
  • MinimalLock wasn't properly checking if the screen is locked bug fixed
  • MinimalLock appears when normally using a supported music player bug fixed

Last edited:

Cyb0rgz

Jan 2, 2012
Chennai
Nice work!! The lockscreen is looking good actually. I could see my battery status, time and operator name. Very nice. Love it.

Few UI improvements required,
1. Need to have help screen text.(Even I don't know how to use this. Please provide some more info regarding how to use gesture)
2. The settings screen could be improved more.
3. Could provide some option to select the features to be displayed in lock screen.

This app collides with native lock screen. Need some focus over there.

Appreciate your work:)

Profool

Dec 29, 2010
Sydney
This is simply beautiful, but you might want to work on how it the music data is pulled?

On my Sony Xperia S (not necessarily sure whether or not this is related to my ROM or not) using the stock (Sony) music player, it'll come up as "Null - Null" for all my songs...

Apart from this, it's an absolute beauty to use...

Have yet to test missed calls though, but messages work perfectly. :)

ak0r

Jul 20, 2011
Pune
Nice work mate. Need to work over few issues. But it's perfect looking lock screen. Back button kills lock screen. Even if I unlock the system lock is still showing.

crazyfool_1

Nov 25, 2010
1. Need to have help screen text.(Even I don't know how to use this. Please provide some more info regarding how to use gesture) - Possibly will do this but for now the gestures are depicted in the attached screens
2. The settings screen could be improved more. - Will be added in an upcoming release
3. Could provide some option to select the features to be displayed in lock screen. - Will be added in an upcoming release

On my Sony Xperia S (not necessarily sure whether or not this is related to my ROM or not) using the stock (Sony) music player, it'll come up as "Null - Null" for all my songs...

Have yet to test missed calls though, but messages work perfectly. :)
I'll see what I can do, the issue with this is theres no official way to pull music info so it depends on the player to broadcast an intent to say if a track is playing or has changed,, I'll see if I can find one for the Sony music player.. Calls in now fixed along with a few others, I'll upload a new release later on today once I've had time to test it.

Nice work mate. Need to work over few issues. But it's perfect looking lock screen. Back button kills lock screen. Even if I unlock the system lock is still showing.
By system lock are you referring to a pin/pattern or just the normal slider? And back button does, I thought I had fixed that I'll do it for the next release.

Appreciate the feedback guys keep it coming :)

Reactions: G1Master

crazyfool_1

Nov 25, 2010
New Release is up, Changelog:

Reactions: ak0r and Cyb0rgz

crazyfool_1

Nov 25, 2010
New version's up.. fixed a bunch of bugs and made a bunch of optimizations.. changelog in the 2nd post would appreciate some feedback.. thanks :D

Fouanette

May 12, 2010
Great app. It works great and looks real good except for one thing. It does not replace my normal sense lockscreen, so I have to unlock twice. That's for the latest version, the first one does it. I'm on an unrooted HTC DHD, on gingerbread. Keep up the good work.

Antoine

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using xda app-developers app

Profool

Dec 29, 2010
Sydney
New version's up.. fixed a bunch of bugs and made a bunch of optimizations.. changelog in the 2nd post would appreciate some feedback.. thanks :D

Ok.

Dark Theme doesn't work - having it enabled makes the lock screen appear, but it'll be completely devoid of any information that would appear if the setting was off. I.e., Time / Network appear with Dark theme OFF, don't with it ON.

Though you have fixed the null void bug, now it doesn't fetch song titles / artists at all, nor is it replaced with a placeholder text - THIS DOESN'T BOTHER ME. It adds to the minimalism of the lock screen. But if you still want, I could give you the apk / name if you so desire.

There is a buggyness with the lockscreen as a whole. I'm going to assume that its tied to the Android OS having a native setting enabled? Like, you can't have "None" as a security option and have Minimal Lockscreen just work? Because, that's what's happening to me, unfortunately. I'll have to unlock your lockscreen, then do the android OS's one; quite annoying.
*Edit* I seem to recall that the first version did this - this is probably the only gripe with the application honestly. Revert this, and you have something that's solid.

Another thing, the settings menu, though this is just me nitpicking, when I switch tabs, from settings to the "cosmetic" (for lack of a better word) tab, the screen will redraw the homescreen and flash between the selected tab and the homescreen for about 0.5ms. Similarly, I've noticed that on occasion, the lockscreen (your one) will fail to deploy, and when for example I'm going through my application drawer, the same redraw / flashing will occur.

Apart from that, it's quite good.

Maybe consider incorporating an alternative way to unlock it, or the ability to unlock from the "music" sub gesture menu? Possibly a vertical swipe? It's sorta tedious turning on your phone, double tapping, swiping till you get to a song, double tapping, then swiping again :p

Last edited:

Cyb0rgz

Jan 2, 2012
Chennai
Great app. It works great and looks real good except for one thing. It does not replace my normal sense lockscreen, so I have to unlock twice. That's for the latest version, the first one does it. I'm on an unrooted HTC DHD, on gingerbread. Keep up the good work.

Antoine

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using xda app-developers app

I'm also HTC user. Got the same issue mentioned above.

1. In case of HTC, it would be nice if native lock screen is disabled. As of now, I have to unlock twice.

2. Not sure, this is related to my ROM. After swiping to unlock, there is some delay (~2sec) to launch the HTC lock screen.

3. In App settings, while switchover the tabs, have some kind of animation. It would be like to have normal transition (eg: youtube)

4. When music player is running in background, its not displayed in the lock screen(Could any other HTC users confirm?)

5. Yes, Dark theme doesn't work.

6. Contacts are not displayed in lockscreen. Does this app automatically pulls up top recent contact from contact history?

Since its beta, hope this this app would be released with stable full functional in near future.

Really it's great app. Thanks for your wonderful time in hearing the feedback from users.

Good luck dev!! :)

Last edited:

Qbsti

Sep 15, 2012
wow, i was realy looking into it. after each unlock my widgets are restarting, plus now my app drawer is not showing any apps.
did i mention the lockscreen only show after the first unlock? during the second one it goes back to stock lockcreen.

galaxy ace running apocalypse ROM

tu3218

Apr 14, 2009
I didn't see this in to be added, but I'm sure you know this. Option to change wallpaper. This seems really nice.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

dirt

Jun 14, 2009
SC
Dark theme works for me... kinda hard to see due to my wallpaper, no big deal for me.

I'm also having the double lock screen issue.

NS4G running stock rooted jb

e3eru4ar.jpg

Screenshot doesn't show the info, but it is at the very bottom in black with the dark theme...

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

crazyfool_1

Nov 25, 2010
Ok.

Dark Theme doesn't work - having it enabled makes the lock screen appear, but it'll be completely devoid of any information that would appear if the setting was off. I.e., Time / Network appear with Dark theme OFF, don't with it ON.

Though you have fixed the null void bug, now it doesn't fetch song titles / artists at all, nor is it replaced with a placeholder text - THIS DOESN'T BOTHER ME. It adds to the minimalism of the lock screen. But if you still want, I could give you the apk / name if you so desire.

There is a buggyness with the lockscreen as a whole. I'm going to assume that its tied to the Android OS having a native setting enabled? Like, you can't have "None" as a security option and have Minimal Lockscreen just work? Because, that's what's happening to me, unfortunately. I'll have to unlock your lockscreen, then do the android OS's one; quite annoying.
*Edit* I seem to recall that the first version did this - this is probably the only gripe with the application honestly. Revert this, and you have something that's solid.

Another thing, the settings menu, though this is just me nitpicking, when I switch tabs, from settings to the "cosmetic" (for lack of a better word) tab, the screen will redraw the homescreen and flash between the selected tab and the homescreen for about 0.5ms. Similarly, I've noticed that on occasion, the lockscreen (your one) will fail to deploy, and when for example I'm going through my application drawer, the same redraw / flashing will occur.

Apart from that, it's quite good.

Maybe consider incorporating an alternative way to unlock it, or the ability to unlock from the "music" sub gesture menu? Possibly a vertical swipe? It's sorta tedious turning on your phone, double tapping, swiping till you get to a song, double tapping, then swiping again :p

Thanks for the feedback. I'll look into the random redrawing and I'm aware of the bug with it not showing if you don't have a default lock screen and will fix this in the next release.

Also I added an unlock gesture to the music screen, swipe down, I thought I put that in the changelog maybe I forgot..

Sent from my Nexus S using xda app-developers app

crazyfool_1

Nov 25, 2010
If someone can give me the package name of their HTC music app I'll try and get the info showing..

As for the contacts on the lockscreen it shows missed call or sms contacts.. not frequent contacts..

The dark theme makes the text black so if (like me) you use a dark lockscreen you won't be able to see it..

crazyfool_1

Nov 25, 2010
New version is up.. reverted some changes so lockscreen should now be used if you disable the native one.. couple of other changes too..

Profool

Dec 29, 2010
Sydney
"Note: Dark theme makes the text black so if you are using a dark wallpaper you won't be able to see it. It DOES work."

I can't help but feel this is directed at me :p

Apart from this, it's perfect.

EDIT* Disregard what I commented about it not opening the sms thread. It's working fine.

THIS IS PERFECT.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    promo.png

MinimalLock is simple concept. It has no buttons or sliders, using solely gestures to handle your music controls, sms and call notifications and of course unlocking your phone.

It can display sms or call notification in the form of a contact picture as depicted above. When a notification is tapped it can open directly to the sms thread, show a quick preview or simply dismiss it.

It also has music controls which supports a variety of music players including PowerAmp, DoubleTwist, Winamp, PlayerPro, Google Play Music, Amazon MP3, MIUI, Apollo and many more.

Feature filled and minimalistic. Simple.
    Freehttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=robj.minimal.lock or Prohttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=robj.minimal.lockpro - Please leave a review if you like the app :)

If anyone has any feature requests or ideas I will be happy to look into implementing them if possible.

Feedback is greatly appreciated. Screens attached. Enjoy :)
    HOME BUTTON does unlock the screen as many have pointed out however there is no easy way around this. I am looking into it but I'm not sure if I want to implement what is essentially a hack to prevent this. My advice to you for now is simple.. Don't press the home button :)

To be added:

• None
    Bug Tracker:

• None
      * Fixed in upcoming release
    Changelog

ChangeLog
    Version 1.6 - 13/10/12
    • Fixed wallpaper bug
    • Lockscreen now starts immediately after a reboot
    • Removed leading 0 on 12 hour time format
    • Faster lock screen loading
    • Minor bug fixes

Version 1.5.2 - 06/10/12
    • Added color picker
    • Added BeyondPod support (username request)
    • Fixed black or custom wallpaper issue
    • Wallpaper now autocrops, no longer squeezes or stretches an image
    • Minor bug fixes

Version 1.4.3 - 01/10/12 - BETA
    • Added long press for Help option
    • Possible fix for some people having to swipe multiple times to unlock
    • Fix lockscreen shows over call when listening to music
    • Changed missed call to open to call log
    • Disable orientation change - Portrait only for now

Version 1.4 - 30/09/12 - BETA
    • Added twelve hour clock option
    • Added option to choose unlock gesture
    • Added option to choose font from SD card
    • Added option to change font size
    • Fixed quick preview bug
    • Changed quick preview appearance
    • Made settings scrollable
    • Minor bug fixes

Version 1.1 - 22/09/12 - BETA
    • Fixed bug with sms sometimes opening to an empty thread
    • Added quick preview

Version 1.0.1 - 22/09/12
    • Minor bug fixes
    • Fixed lock screen stops working bug

Version 1.0 - 20/09/12
    • Optimized lockscreen loading
    • Added the option for a custom wallpaper
    • Minor bug fixes

Version 0.6 - 18/09/12
    • Fixed settings screen closing automatically
    • Removed option to disable stock lockscreen, this is now the default functionality
    • Minor bug fixes

Version 0.5 - 18/09/12
    • Added an option to disable the native lockscreen
    • Fixed a bug where the lockscreen shows over the dialer while in call (Broken by the lockscreen fix)

Version 0.4 - 17/09/12
    • Fixed app showing over normal lockscreen
    • Fixed lag when unlocking
    • Fixed app flashing up during switching settings tab

Version 0.3.4 - 16/09/12
    • Fixed music controls showing null
    • Fixed MinimalLocker not always showing
    • Fixed white box if contact has no image
    • Fixed MinimalLocker showing over call screen
    • Fixed calls and texts for the same contact showing two pics
    • Changed font size
    • Changed font to default
    • Change default contact image
    • Added dark theme (Text)
    • Added option for missed calls
    • Added option to toggle Lockscreen elements
    • Added down swipe to unlock on music control screen
    • Improved settings UI
    • Various optimizations
    • Missed call now open to Contact card
    • New Icon

Version 0.2 - 15/09/12
    Whatsapp will be added in pro mate.. pm me if u fancy testing the whatsapp notifications :)

Sent from my Nexus S using xda app-developers app
    New Release is up, Changelog:
    This is now on the market as a paid app however I will keep it free for xda users as a thanks for all the feedback and testing.. feel free to purchase it as a donation if you like though or leave a rating on the market :D
    Market Link