[APP][2.2+] ownMdm - your own Mobile Device Manager - Remote Device Control - FREE

Search This thread

pacosal

Oct 6, 2010
www.pacosal.com
Seems like a cool app and I would really like to use it but I don't trust closed source software.
Many people are asking why you don't release the source code for the app and you don't respond to them. that makes it even worse so that I think you just try to build a database of imei numbers or want to get a bot net with android phones.

So please explain yourself.

Just some facts that you might not know. Open Source doesn't mean free. If you want to make money with the app thats totally ok. Only give the source guys who paid for the app. It's all about the right licence.

Btw, which licence do you use for your app?

Hi,

First of all, I will not open the App source code because users only need the Web part source code to work.

My plans:

- Create a Portal for all kind of users who do not know how to set your own server
- Use the same App for all with same features
- The Portal will have 2 types of users, standards and premium. Standard will be free and premium will have special commands
- This App will be free forever for users who set their own server

The App code only connects with Google Analytics and with the configured server. You can look for this on your own router.

There is no licence. You can use the web part as you want. Even if you improved web part, I will host it.

SO, YOU CAN USE THIS APP WITH CONFIDENCE.

I'm a serious developer with a lot of apps at Google Play and you can visit my blog (in spanish) too.

Pacosal

thehacker66

May 13, 2013
Seems like a cool app and I would really like to use it but I don't trust closed source software.
Many people are asking why you don't release the source code for the app and you don't respond to them. that makes it even worse so that I think you just try to build a database of imei numbers or want to get a bot net with android phones.

So please explain yourself.

Just some facts that you might not know. Open Source doesn't mean free. If you want to make money with the app thats totally ok. Only give the source guys who paid for the app. It's all about the right licence.

Btw, which licence do you use for your app?

Hi,

First of all, I will not open the App source code because users only need the Web part source code to work.

My plans:

- Create a Portal for all kind of users who do not know how to set your own server
- The Portal will have 2 types of users, standards and premium. Standard will be free and premium will have special commands

The App code only connects with Google Analytics and with the configured server. You can look for this on your own router.

There is no licence. You can use the web part as you want. Even if you improved web part, I will host it.

Pacosal

Don't want to judge but.. IMHO dealing with delicate stuff like this, which takes control of someone's device surely raises some concern, but on the other hand i don't really think someone well known in the community would go and kang info right away..

If someone's too worried just grab ApkTool and decompile the apk yourself.

Fmstrat

Aug 3, 2007
Hi,

My plans:

I'm a serious developer with a lot of apps at Google Play and you can visit my blog (in spanish) too.

Pacosal

First off, thanks for the app, and thanks for opening up with rational. I see you've got great reviews on most of your apps in the Play Store, congrats on that, too.

Many of us in this thread were excited about this project because of the open source elements (thus things like the Tasker integration I talked about helping with earlier). As a point of note, I had started my own project that was to be deployed on GitHub doing similar things to this, only with a much different web interface. I was happy to stop knowing this was in dev and you were much more dedicated to it.

That being said, I'm disappointed in the decision to not fully open source. I say that because I wanted to expand on the project, but also because there are TONS of paid options for many of the features included here, so I'm not sure you're even going down the road of a wise investment. In fact, many have created these features just using Tasker and AutoNotification (including myself).

In any event, good luck with the project, and I will continue to use it as I love the idea and hope it progresses.

Thanks,
Ben

pacosal

Oct 6, 2010
www.pacosal.com
This is what we do so far:

ownmdm portal:

- Developed at 60%
- SSL certificate in progress
- New Hosting ready

In order to use you will have to own a Google Plus user.

As I said before, there will be 2 types of users, but for a limited time all the users who sign in will be premium forever.

For client App:

- New Command Lock with password (equal to android lock)

For Web part:

- Option to set a name for every device
- Small changes

Not published yet!

Thanks

pacosal

Oct 6, 2010
www.pacosal.com
This is what we do so far:

ownmdm portal:

- Developed at 70%
- SSL certificate Ready
- New Hosting ready

As I said before, there will be 2 types of users, but for a limited time all the users who sign in will be premium forever.

For client App:

- New Command Lock with password (equal to android lock)

For Web part:

- Small changes

Not published yet!

Thanks

pacosal

Oct 6, 2010
www.pacosal.com
News

ownMdm portal developed at 99%.

We plan to release the portal in a few hours and a new App version as well.

Features will be the same than you have with last version right now, but with our servers.

Portal have:

- Option to Add devices
- Option to Delete devices
- Small changes

All connections will be Secure.

Thank

pacosal

Oct 6, 2010
www.pacosal.com

AndroTech

Sep 30, 2007
Getting the error while logging in

"Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Google_ServiceException' with message 'Error calling GET https://www.googleapis.com/plus/v1/people/me?key=AIzaSyDuAdK3lXHcRA8l9RBPjFUiGXL7DCg4aqY: (404) Not Found' in /home/iogrozgd/public_html/inc/io/Google_REST.php:66 Stack trace: #0 /home/iogrozgd/public_html/inc/io/Google_REST.php(36): Google_REST::decodeHttpResponse(Object(Google_HttpRequest)) #1 /home/iogrozgd/public_html/inc/service/Google_ServiceResource.php(186): Google_REST::execute(Object(Google_HttpRequest)) #2 /home/iogrozgd/public_html/inc/contrib/Google_PlusService.php(233): Google_ServiceResource->__call('get', Array) #3 /home/iogrozgd/public_html/login.php(55): Google_PeopleServiceResource->get('me') #4 {main} thrown in /home/iogrozgd/public_html/inc/io/Google_REST.php on line 66"

pacosal

Oct 6, 2010
www.pacosal.com
Getting the error while logging in

"Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Google_ServiceException' with message 'Error calling GET https://www.googleapis.com/plus/v1/people/me?key=AIzaSyDuAdK3lXHcRA8l9RBPjFUiGXL7DCg4aqY: (404) Not Found' in /home/iogrozgd/public_html/inc/io/Google_REST.php:66 Stack trace: #0 /home/iogrozgd/public_html/inc/io/Google_REST.php(36): Google_REST::decodeHttpResponse(Object(Google_HttpRequest)) #1 /home/iogrozgd/public_html/inc/service/Google_ServiceResource.php(186): Google_REST::execute(Object(Google_HttpRequest)) #2 /home/iogrozgd/public_html/inc/contrib/Google_PlusService.php(233): Google_ServiceResource->__call('get', Array) #3 /home/iogrozgd/public_html/login.php(55): Google_PeopleServiceResource->get('me') #4 {main} thrown in /home/iogrozgd/public_html/inc/io/Google_REST.php on line 66"

Do you have a Google Plus User?

pacosal

Oct 6, 2010
www.pacosal.com
Web version on our servers has option to change device name. This option will be at your own server soon.

More features are coming....

Thanks

sonyd71

Jun 27, 2007
Hello!!!!

if the thief reset the phone, it works?

if no work, how can do it for it works?

sorry for my bad english....

thanks friends!!:silly:

xmxm

Sep 24, 2010
additional features

Great application! I would like to propose following features:
1. Take a picture after X failed unlock pin/password/pattern entries (where X can be configurable)
2. Option to view log from application
3. Option to change the number to dial for stealth mode
4. Send notification when SIM card is changed

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I want to introduce you my new project called ownmdm.

web1.png

ownMdm is your own Mobile Device Manager, where you and only you, can remotely control your devices or your family devices and It is Free.

You put your own server and use the App to use it.

It has 2 parts:

- Web: The web part is a php web that uses a mySql Database to send and receive commands to your registered devices.

- App: The App is a mobile administrator that works like others, with a simple screen, and a configuration screen, but it makes things transparently.

You can use your Raspberri PI for more things than only Raspbmc or you can use your own LAMP server.

The instrucctions and software for preparing your Server to control your own android devices can be found at: http://ownmdm.pacosal.com

Download a Raspberri PI image from here and start to try quickly!

* Android App is https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pacosal.mdm

Now this code is Open Source, go to http://ownmdm.pacosal.com to get the code.

Visit our Google Plus Community https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/107302069235858624856
    ownmdm.pacosal.com now has last version ready for you!

http://ownmdm.pacosal.com/index.php

Version 2.0.0 of:

- web part
    - App part (this version is not hosted at Google Play, will be on 15/5/2014)

Thanks
    Working on next Version ;)
    Hi,

ownmdm servers will be discontinued on 15/5/2014, but...

since that date this software will be open source completely.

Working in cleaning App code and improving web interface.

Soon more news.

Thanks
    here is the log file, seems to be a problem storing the data?

Hi,

this software is only for devices with imei number, for example, mobiles or tablets with 3G.

Could you try with other device?

Regards