[ROM] [20120426]CronosX (Android2.3.7) for XT720 continues...update to RC2.1

Search This thread

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
Battery life seems great, just about woke up with what I went to bed with, so at least no battery drain. everything is great except radio volume, HD recording and it could be a little more snappier. I changed window animation settings to fast to kinda help with that. Also it is good to change the crt-on animations to off for now til there is a fix for that. I usually leave that setting off anyway.

Last edited:

banshee56

Mar 27, 2011
I installed this over the XT720mod SBF (with sensor fixes) and it seemed to run fine. RAM was averaging 35ish free, which I thought was a little low given the amount of apps and widgets I run. Two things that kept me from converting from CM6.3.6.2 was the fact that the backlight and sound notification widget buttons are still broke on pretty much every CM7-based ROM and because there are no options for lockscreen delays for screen auto-off and turned-off situations.

Can't say much about battery life, but it cannot be better than the 30+ hrs average I'm getting with moderate usage on CM6.3.6.2 (with careful management of backlight levels, My Location settings, and SetCPU clock speed settings).

Reactions: Mioze7Ae

brianlili

Sep 2, 2011
guangzhou
I installed this over the XT720mod SBF (with sensor fixes) and it seemed to run fine. RAM was averaging 35ish free, which I thought was a little low given the amount of apps and widgets I run. Two things that kept me from converting from CM6.3.6.2 was the fact that the backlight and sound notification widget buttons are still broke on pretty much every CM7-based ROM and because there are no options for lockscreen delays for screen auto-off and turned-off situations.

Can't say much about battery life, but it cannot be better than the 30+ hrs average I'm getting with moderate usage on CM6.3.6.2 (with careful management of backlight levels, My Location settings, and SetCPU clock speed settings).

Yeah, I change the memory clean margin for better multi-task purpose

Reactions: B_e_n

aks_cool6

Dec 27, 2010
I have flashed my phone with 2.1 & then by using open recovery i updated it to this formware but my phone is not turning on since the update. I have tried with two -3 different firmwares. Can any1 plz give me the link & the step by step process for this update.:confused: Right now i have got back to BRAVO 2.2 plz help

banshee56

Mar 27, 2011
If you have Bravo 2.2, then you are obviously already rooted. Assuming you have the OpenRecovery by Mioze7Ae, then simply put the ZIP download into the OpenRecovery\updates folder, reboot to recovery, and flash the update. I've found it's a good idea to wipe the Dalvik cache and cache partition and do a factory reset before AND after flashing (reset only after).

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
If you have Bravo 2.2, then you are obviously already rooted. Assuming you have the OpenRecovery by Mioze7Ae, then simply put the ZIP download into the OpenRecovery\updates folder, reboot to recovery, and flash the update. I've found it's a good idea to wipe the Dalvik cache and cache partition and do a factory reset before AND after flashing (reset only after).

I have found after flashing a few different versions of this that you will have weird bugs if you do not RSD 2.1 SBF first then do full wipes before and after. Unless you are on this ROM already and flashing again or an update to this ROM. In that case you will only have to do full wipes first without starting over.

I have flashed my phone with 2.1 & then by using open recovery i updated it to this formware but my phone is not turning on since the update. I have tried with two -3 different firmwares. Can any1 plz give me the link & the step by step process for this update.:confused: Right now i have got back to BRAVO 2.2 plz help

The only thing I can suggest is re downloading the zip file and try again. Your SDCard may have corrupted it. I'm no expert though I can only give advice from experience.

aks_cool6

Dec 27, 2010
I have found after flashing a few different versions of this that you will have weird bugs if you do not RSD 2.1 SBF first then do full wipes before and after. Unless you are on this ROM already and flashing again or an update to this ROM. In that case you will only have to do full wipes first without starting over.

The only thing I can suggest is re downloading the zip file and try again. Your SDCard may have corrupted it. I'm no expert though I can only give advice from experience.

My memory card is not corrupt i got it chckd. I have applied the update but after applying my phone gets stuck on the red color M logo it doesnt move further. Plz give me all link tht will help me.
1st which firmware to flash
2nd open recovery to be used
& all the steps.
Thank u

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
My memory card is not corrupt i got it chckd. I have applied the update but after applying my phone gets stuck on the red color M logo it doesnt move further. Plz give me all link tht will help me.
1st which firmware to flash
2nd open recovery to be used
& all the steps.
Thank u

I didn't say your card was corrupt, I said the file you downloaded could have been corrupted, try to download it again and use a different one. But also My sdcards get checked and fixed and then get corrupted again then get checked and fixed and still get corrupted again. Even if it says it's not corrupt it still can be corrupt. There is tutorials to show you how to do this already i do not have the time to do all that for you. It's been done over and over and over again in all the threads. Sorry Bud. Sounds like you did it right. All of my issues are sdcard related every time, that is all I can tell you.

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
I just realized, I was underclocked to 550mhz since I had Milestone Overclock installed, it was set at it's lowest setting. Brian has this ROM overclocked to 800mhz, which is about right. So after uninstalling Overclock my phone is more snappier now. Milestone Overclock isn't keeping it's setting after reboot. Also I found if you are gonna use V6 supercharger, it is a good idea to uncheck the box for "Unlock home in memory" in settings/system settings.

****Battery life compares great with Bravo

Last edited:

aks_cool6

Dec 27, 2010
I got this ROM working on my phone. For people who r not able to find keyboard may use file manager download some keyboard app from net copy it ur memory card & install & u r good to go.

B_e_n

Aug 16, 2010
Paris
Someone test the motomizer app on this one???
It use to work on all J Y Daddy rom but just to be sure...
And LM if it work you d better use it than milestone overclock

edit Can we have the CM7 led notification on this one or we have to use ledmeknow????
Sorry i had not installed this rom when i post this and now it s done... So i can see there is not the cm7 led notification setting.... Too bad we have to install ledmeknow

edit 3: Again sorry... I didn t see your Led Notify app! Great job Brian lee!!!!!!!
Can you post the apk (if i use another rom...)
I test this rom for 2 or 3hours now and for now it s great! No need to plug it twice to get the usb working(like in fjfalcon's even the last...) it s fast and motomizer work on this one
So to everyone who use this rom my advice is to use motomizer to replace motorola overclock and setcpu
And for all the "non english" multilangage work well too
And for the keyboard issue i don t have it cause i had swiftkey already installed...

Last edited:
Reactions: LibertyMonger

brianlili

Sep 2, 2011
guangzhou
Someone test the motomizer app on this one???
It use to work on all J Y Daddy rom but just to be sure...
And LM if it work you d better use it than milestone overclock

edit Can we have the CM7 led notification on this one or we have to use ledmeknow????
Sorry i had not installed this rom when i post this and now it s done... So i can see there is not the cm7 led notification setting.... Too bad we have to install ledmeknow

edit 3: Again sorry... I didn t see your Led Notify app! Great job Brian lee!!!!!!!
Can you post the apk (if i use another rom...)
I test this rom for 2 or 3hours now and for now it s great! No need to plug it twice to get the usb working(like in fjfalcon's even the last...) it s fast and motomizer work on this one
So to everyone who use this rom my advice is to use motomizer to replace motorola overclock and setcpu
And for all the "non english" multilangage work well too
And for the keyboard issue i don t have it cause i had swiftkey already installed...

The led notify apk needs another three files, /system/bin/qslang,qslcng,qsldng. all files can be extracted from update file of this thread.

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
I just noticed the radio fix update thank you for that Brian! I was wondering about the reboot to OpenRecovery, I still boot into moto's recovery and just wanted to make sure it isn't just me. I think that and HD recording is all that is left to fix. Oh and also media button wake, I thought it worked in one of the test ROM's you gave me but it doesn't work now.

Reactions: B_e_n

brianlili

Sep 2, 2011
guangzhou
I just noticed the radio fix update thank you for that Brian! I was wondering about the reboot to OpenRecovery, I still boot into moto's recovery and just wanted to make sure it isn't just me. I think that and HD recording is all that is left to fix. Oh and also media button wake, I thought it worked in one of the test ROM's you gave me but it doesn't work now.

I readed Mio's advice, that might be a little complicated, need some time to digest.

Mioze7Ae

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 27, 2010
Queen City of the West
Google Pixel 7
Oh! Fixing reboot to recovery in ROMs based on CM6/7 is totally different... sorry. We can do that at the *.so level instead of in the smali. I'll try to remember which library it is, but it may have to wait until I get back to my computer tomorrow. I assumed you were asking for bravo.

Edit: based on browsing github on my phone, I think it's libandroid_runtime.so, but the trick would be finding one of fjfalcon's builds that matches the version inside chronosx. I can't seem to get a link to the commit from the phone to paste, I'll add it tomorrow. I think I keep seeing people creating wrappers around shared libraries to replace/fix functions, but I don't know how to do it...

Last edited:

B_e_n

Aug 16, 2010
Paris

The media button work for me. Weird!
Try to enable it with motomizer J Y Daddy make an option just for the xt720 to choose the action for the media button

I m very happy with this rom stable and fast. But this morning i had a weird problem (the first time for this one! i think it already make me all the possible problem...) the music app play music normally then stop then pause then FC....
i don t have the time to test it again but someone had issue with Google music???

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
The media button work for me. Weird!
Try to enable it with motomizer J Y Daddy make an option just for the xt720 to choose the action for the media button

Yeah that is an example of things that happen if we do not do a full clean install from SBF. I flashed beta over top a test run and I have noticed we get left with something screwey lol. But I was talking about media button used as screen on button. I haven't ran music enough to know about any issues but I have played a few songs and it was fine. Maybe uninstall it and reinstall by pushing it through system in Open Recovery.

Last edited:

B_e_n

Aug 16, 2010
Paris
. But I was talking about media button used as screen on button. I haven't ran music enough to know about any issues but I have played a few songs and it was fine. Maybe uninstall it and reinstall by pushing it through system in Open Recovery.

Media button as screen on!!!????:confused:
i wasn t talking of that you re right but i test it and it work...
Good idea to reinstall Gmusic through OR i will try

Zachary57

Feb 2, 2011
Is radio fm volume fix still working with hd recording ?

Edit : Some other questions :

-Is mioze bootfix needed if I flash french 2.1 sbf ?
-Does Link2sd work ?
-Is HDMI working fine ?
-Can we remove app permissions like in cm7 ?
-What about battery life ?

Thank you

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey there, since J.Y.Daddy doesn't support this device any more, so, I pick up his job, and make this firmware for us, based on Cronosx1.7.0 from jydaddy thread. It is a very smooth and stable rom.

Log:
    2012-4-26 Fix reboot to recovery; All notification can blink the media-led now; More stable(no overclock by default)

2012-3-4 Fix fm radio volume, again:), smart dial, call card phone location, mms application.
    2012-3-1 HD video recorder works now. Upload sensor patch for MotoRoi
    2012-2-29 Fmradio update

Download(RC2.1 version)
    Mirror

MotoRoi sensor patch(apply at last)

Patch area(for beta version, RC1 doesn't need them):
    Download HDrecord update(Fix hd video record)
    Download FMradio update(Optimized Volume-Adjust)

For milestone XT720(Android2.3.7)
    With moto's gallery, camera and videoplayer, HDMI shoud work(need feedback).

Installing instructions:

Install milestone default 2.1 rom(Russian, CBW, Singapore, whatever);
    Root it with androot or superoneclickroot.
    Install last openrecovery build from Mioze7Ae.
    Download update, put it to /sdcard/openrecovery/updates and update it in openrecovery.
    Special for MotoRoi user: apply sensor patch at last.

Credits:
    J.Y.daddy hhcat peshovec Mioze7Ae Fjfalcon LibertyMonger qingquan shihua
    I tried it for a few days and it seems like a great rom.
    There's one thing I don't like about it; the red Motorola animation. It's probably because of how I feel about Motorola and their support for our wonderful phone.
    Maybe a new animation could be created to reflect that Cronos X is loading. Much better than anything Motorola could ever come up with.

Thank you for getting this available to us poor souls. :D

Sent from my XT720 using xda premium

Try this one http://minus.com/m3CC0lIkF#. It's my favorite.

Just put it into SD:\OpenRecovery\theme\froyo\bootanimation
    Then reboot into Open Recovery → Other Utilities → Frpyp 2.2.1 Modding Menu → Menu Install and Restore Theme → Install Theme
    Wipe dalvik-cache and cache before and after applying just in any case.*

Here are some more:
    ICS one http://minus.com/mjsuvENsY#
    ice-cream-sandwich-bootanimation.gif

Gateway http://minus.com/mbaGsHOeFz#
    android-gateway-boot-animation.gif

Clock Hell http://minus.com/mEmVW887I#
    android-clock-hell.gif

Android Reactor http://minus.com/mbiYAawnTA#
    reactor-android-boot-animation.gif

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

Make sure the file name is bootanimation.zip
    Yes it s necessary (written at least 10times in the thread...) to flash a fresh sbf to be sure that the old rom don t mess with it
    There is not any "-" in phone numbers in this rom
    and i don t know what you mean by based... It work with all the sbf (i use the mod one) but there is not any link to the "-" you get in your numbers with fjfalcon's rom (this is related to the rom directly i think)

Yeah, it's written in the thread a lot, but that doesn't make it correct.

The *only* reason to *ever* flash sbf is because you can't boot *and* can't get into openrecovery.

I'm so sick of this bull**** myth.
    I tried this for FM radio

Beta - works but no volume control
    Beta+patch - FC
    RC1 - FC
    RC+patch - FC

Try: Settings > Application > Manage Applications > All > FM Radio > Clear Data

When switching between different FMRadio.apk's without factory reset, sometimes FC do happen because the database structures are different (switching between fwals version and stock eclair/froyo versions does this for example).
    Uploading mirror now if it is still needed.

Thanks a bunch for sharing your work Brian much appreciated. I am having mass SDcard issues now though, need to get a new one. Anybody have any recommendations?

Here is a mirror [ROM] [20120227]CronosX Ginger(Android2.3.7) for XT720 continues...beta 1.0