[Q] really dumb question but...

Search This thread

Dustin7892

Jul 4, 2013
I've been running kit kat ROMs for a while but I kinda really miss stock. The battery life is just unparalleled. Is there a way to back up all apps from 4.4 and restore on ZVC? A lot of things have just been downloaded from apks (free apps, no worries) so it wouldn't restore through the play store obviously. Any ideas?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app

engine95

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2008
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 4a
I've been running kit kat ROMs for a while but I kinda really miss stock. The battery life is just unparalleled. Is there a way to back up all apps from 4.4 and restore on ZVC? A lot of things have just been downloaded from apks (free apps, no worries) so it wouldn't restore through the play store obviously. Any ideas?

Do to mean just backup the apk's without the data that is with them?
Use estrong file explorer. In its settings> tools, it'll backup all the apk's you select. Coming from KK though, some of those might not work as stock is 4.1.2.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Dustin7892

Dustin7892

Jul 4, 2013
Use estrong file explorer. In its settings> tools, it'll backup all the apk's you select. Coming from KK though, some of those might not work as stock is 4.1.2.

Worth a shot, thanks!

ggoomani

Mar 29, 2011
Orange County, CA
copy.com

Hello, I am new to the Optimus G, (coming from Nexus 5 and very used to KitKat). I am tempted to use a KitKat rom, but it seems you are not happy with the battery life compared to stock. I am trying to decide if it is worth the effort to use a kitkat rom, or to leave it stock.

My priority is reliability (gps, data, no random reboots).... Since it sounds like you have tried a few kitkat roms, can you advise which one to try (the best among the bunch)?

Also, I am willing to forego the slick updated look of Kitkat roms, if it means more reliability and better battery life. Please update us on any differnces you may notice after reverting back to stock...

Dustin7892

Jul 4, 2013
Hello, I am new to the Optimus G, (coming from Nexus 5 and very used to KitKat). I am tempted to use a KitKat rom, but it seems you are not happy with the battery life compared to stock. I am trying to decide if it is worth the effort to use a kitkat rom, or to leave it stock.

My priority is reliability (gps, data, no random reboots).... Since it sounds like you have tried a few kitkat roms, can you advise which one to try (the best among the bunch)?

Also, I am willing to forego the slick updated look of Kitkat roms, if it means more reliability and better battery life. Please update us on any differnces you may notice after reverting back to stock...

Stock on this phone in general is just a bit snappier, and more reliable as far as how everything runs. I've been running beanstalks 4.4 for about three weeks ish and it seems pretty stable, I just don't like how snapchat causes it to yellow screen occasionally. Kinda dumb. CM11 always seemed to break everything, and blue lightning made a few apps not work so well. I feel like there's a couple more I tried but I can't quite remember. SUPPOSEDLY The G pro is getting 4.4 which means we should get a pretty clean 4.4 "stock" from that from porting over, so until then I'm gonna go/stay stock. Overall, if you wanna try 4.4 just make a nandroid backup, flash beanstalks 4.4 and gapps and see how it feels for you. If you don't like it, wipe and restore your backup.

JESUSARIUS REX

Sep 23, 2011
Florida

I highly recommend the liquid smooth ROM, either in gee or ls970 versions. I honestly get about the same battery life and performance of stock with all kit kat features :). I recommend you use f93 kernel or matr1x too.

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.