[Q] HTC ONE DIED, wont charge, wont turn on, no LED

Search This thread

zirconias

Feb 16, 2011
good morning everybody :

so last night, my phone worked normaly untel i unplaged it from computer, the screen wont turn back on, and got the red led (like it still in charge )
so i pushed the power button down for 10s and i thought that i just turned the phone off . but i actually killed my phone.

i pluggued it on wall charge all night. and today i tried several solutions and nothing:

1. held power button+down/up button for 10s and more then 10s
  2. faced the light sensor to light and held power+down/up button
  3. plugged unplugged to computer several times
the only thing i got is a sound when i plug it to computer, and adb devices wont list anything.

i noticed that my computer( win 8 ) detected it as : Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (com3)

please help

Last edited:

VidJunky

Dec 8, 2010
I had this issue after my kids were using my usb to wall plug, and later had this issue when they used my usb to 12V charger in the car. They have our old Inc.s. Anyway I ended up using a different cable and it began to charge and everything has been fine since. The odd thing is that both of the other cables still work for other devices just not my One anymore. If you don't have another cable to try it with I've found them for $7 - $8 at Big Lots/Odd Lots and for about $5 at Dollar General & 5Below and once at Dollar Tree. I should have bought 4 or 5 of those. I haven't had any issues with any of them except my kids seem to ruin them fairly quickly but they are both under the age of 10.

zirconias

Feb 16, 2011
thanks for your reply, i already tried several chargers .. but no results

I had this issue after my kids were using my usb to wall plug, and later had this issue when they used my usb to 12V charger in the car. They have our old Inc.s. Anyway I ended up using a different cable and it began to charge and everything has been fine since. The odd thing is that both of the other cables still work for other devices just not my One anymore. If you don't have another cable to try it with I've found them for $7 - $8 at Big Lots/Odd Lots and for about $5 at Dollar General & 5Below and once at Dollar Tree. I should have bought 4 or 5 of those. I haven't had any issues with any of them except my kids seem to ruin them fairly quickly but they are both under the age of 10.

VidJunky

Dec 8, 2010
It sounds like you're port may be damaged. Next step is probably the tech center at your carrier. ? hopefully you have insurance.