ZImbra calendar sync problem

Search This thread

ardkuijpers

Feb 10, 2008
I try to sync with the Zimbra collaboration server at ny work through an ActiveSync account. This works fine for mail and contacts, but not the calendar. It won't sync at all.

I tried a lot of things: sync with another Zimbra demo server on the web: same problem. Syncing a LG phone on GB: works. Syncing my old HD2 (now on CyanogenMod 9, so also ICS): works syncs partly.

Since both Android 4 phones have issues, my guess is that it is related to ICS.

Can anybody confirm this issue?

dahamsta

Dec 26, 2010
Same problem here, tried purging my calendar of recurring items, purging it completely, upgrading to the latest Zimbra, no go.

New items on the phone seem to get pushed to the calendar, but not the other way around. This is going to be a killer problem, I live by my calendar.

ardkuijpers

Feb 10, 2008
Update: my colleague has the same phone (but unrooted) and has the same problem. So it seems to be a real issue with the combination of HOX and Zimbra.

I also live by my calendar. Therefore, I found a workaround: get CalDAV-sync from Google Play. This works with Zimbra, and it you get the benefit that it is possible to sync more than one (default) Zimbra calendar.

doomstalker

Jun 26, 2007
Same here

I have the same problem here. You can use LvSync for calendar - it works. Two-way sync is not yet completely fixed for the One X - a problem with Sense 4.0 according to the developer.

There is another problem with the default email client - it cuts the quoted text in replies (the option to send the quoted text is enabled in settings).

Server running Zimbra 7.1.3

dahamsta

Dec 26, 2010
Thanks folks. Both of these are commercial apps, anyone tried both?

I note with a little concern that one of them is tagged as beta, a little cheeky for a commercial app.

Last edited:

keeiL

Apr 30, 2012
Last update for VZA is like a year ago. Full of bugs :( I hope they will make a final release cuz I really like the app

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

ardkuijpers

Feb 10, 2008
I use CalDAV-sync (beta) now and it works as it should. The two-way sync is the beta part but it works without any error until now. I know it is a commercial app, but the price is low compared to the time lost in testing/debugging zimbra calendar with the activesync :(

I haven't tested lvsync.

I did test icssync, which is free, but I could not get this to work wit Zimbra.

dahamsta

Dec 26, 2010
Thanks ardkuijpers. And this syncs with the standard HTC/Android calendar, not some custom monstrocity like the official Zimbra app mentioned above?

That didn't last long on my handset, what an /awful/ first attempt, and zero progress since. You have to wonder about the Zimbra guys, they're very hit and miss.

kamyweb

Jun 17, 2012
Torino
the same for me. Latest zimbra with last hox update.
Zimbra sync log:
sync - Unexpected error encoding server change
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.zimbra.zimbrasync.commands.CalendarSync.encodeServerChange(CalendarSync.java:441)
at com.zimbra.zimbrasync.commands.CollectionSync.encodeResponse(CollectionSync.java:1122)
at com.zimbra.zimbrasync.commands.Sync.encodeResponse(Sync.java:214)
at com.zimbra.zimbrasync.ZimbraSyncServlet.processCommand(ZimbraSyncServlet.java:552)
at com.zimbra.zimbrasync.ZimbraSyncServlet.processPostRequest(ZimbraSyncServlet.java:456)
at com.zimbra.zimbrasync.ZimbraSyncServlet.doPost(ZimbraSyncServlet.java:329)
at com.zimbra.zimbrasync.ZimbraSync$HttpHandler.doPost(ZimbraSync.java:55)
at com.zimbra.cs.extension.ExtensionDispatcherServlet.service(ExtensionDispatcherServlet.java:99)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:814)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1166)
at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.SetHeaderFilter.doFilter(SetHeaderFilter.java:79)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
at org.mortbay.servlet.UserAgentFilter.doFilter(UserAgentFilter.java:81)
at org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter.java:132)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:388)
at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:218)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:422)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:230)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.DebugHandler.handle(DebugHandler.java:77)
at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:583)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:986)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:756)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:218)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:414)
at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:429)
at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:451)
-------
General ZimbraSync exception
com.zimbra.zimbrasync.ZimbraSyncException: item=944
at com.zimbra.zimbrasync.commands.CollectionSync.encodeResponse(CollectionSync.java:1131)
at com.zimbra.zimbrasync.commands.Sync.encodeResponse(Sync.java:214)
at com.zimbra.zimbrasync.ZimbraSyncServlet.processCommand(ZimbraSyncServlet.java:552)
at com.zimbra.zimbrasync.ZimbraSyncServlet.processPostRequest(ZimbraSyncServlet.java:456)
at com.zimbra.zimbrasync.ZimbraSyncServlet.doPost(ZimbraSyncServlet.java:329)
at com.zimbra.zimbrasync.ZimbraSync$HttpHandler.doPost(ZimbraSync.java:55)
at com.zimbra.cs.extension.ExtensionDispatcherServlet.service(ExtensionDispatcherServlet.java:99)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:814)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1166)
at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.SetHeaderFilter.doFilter(SetHeaderFilter.java:79)
at org.mortbay.servlet.UserAgentFilter.doFilter(UserAgentFilter.java:81)
at org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter.java:132)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:388)
at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:218)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:422)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:230)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.DebugHandler.handle(DebugHandler.java:77)
at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:583)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:986)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:756)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:218)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:414)
at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:429)
at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:451)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.zimbra.zimbrasync.commands.CalendarSync.encodeServerChange(CalendarSync.java:441)
at com.zimbra.zimbrasync.commands.CollectionSync.encodeResponse(CollectionSync.java:1122)
... 34 more

It seems and ecoding problem...

Last edited:

kamyweb

Jun 17, 2012
Torino
HTC One X fully updated
Android Version: 4.0.3
HTC Sense Version: 4.0
Software Version: 1.29.401.11
HTC SDK API: 4.12
HTC Extension: HTCExtension_403_1_GA_7

Is there a thread with same problem on Zimbra forum on section: Forum -> Zimbra Collaboration Suite -> Mobility -> Zimbra Mobile -> Zimbra 7.2 & HTC Sense 4

Please remember report problem on HTC Support!

teamsupport

Sep 23, 2022
Same here

I have the same problem here. You can use LvSync for calendar - it works. Two-way sync is not yet completely fixed for the One X - a problem with Sense 4.0 according to the developer.

There is another problem with the default email client - it cuts the quoted text in replies (the option to send the quoted text is enabled in settings).

Server running Zimbra 7.1.3
I am looking for a Zimbra open source developer.

I did check Upwork platform and failed to find one. Please advise where to find candidates