[RADIO]Raphael Radio Thread - Latest Raphael 1.13.25.55 Radio [27 November 2009]

Which Radio do "you" find the best.

• 1.02.25.19 Raphael

Votes: 406 16.9%
  • 1.02.25.27 Raphael

Votes: 34 1.4%
  • 1.02.25.31 Raphael

Votes: 59 2.5%
  • 1.02.25.28 Raphael

Votes: 377 15.7%
  • 1.02.25.32 Raphael

Votes: 478 19.9%
  • 1.03.25.18 Diamond

Votes: 31 1.3%
  • 1.09.25.14 Blackstone

Votes: 148 6.2%
  • 1.05.25.BS14 Diamond

Votes: 30 1.2%
  • 1.09.25.23 Diamond

Votes: 107 4.4%
  • 1.08.25.08 Diamond

Votes: 51 2.1%
  • 1.06.25.29 Xperia

Votes: 94 3.9%
  • 1.09.25.13 Quartz

Votes: 52 2.2%
  • 1.08.25.20M1 Raphael

Votes: 539 22.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

xcsdm

Mar 2, 2006
It is my pleasure. You guys have no idea how far a simple Thank You goes. Those things are few and far between these days which is really sad. BTW, Thank You for the Thank you's.:)

Thank you for thanking those who gave thanks.

But now, I'm a little confused on the RIL dll relationship to the radios. does the ril actually change when a rom has a new radio? Or is it more of a device specific, RAPH, HD, DIAMOND, etc. file?

XC

mrgsxr77

Jun 10, 2008
**If you want to Flash a Non Raphael Radio then your phone MUST be Security Unlocked

Sorry but i have been a member on this forum from that i had my kaiser phone. But it seems i cant find the solution how to SECURITY UNLOCK my new touch pro.
Tried to install blackstone radio because i have no GPS fix at all sometimes after i pair of minutes it gets fixed then losses fix again. Tried to install the radio but of course got an error message ( thought id bricket the phone for a couple of minutes there :).:eek:
Thanks in advance for any help or pointing me in the right direction.

P1Tater

Retired Senior Moderator
Nov 28, 2007
In UR Head
For those interested in the rilphone.dll's of the 4 different Blackstone Radios.

It takes a little time to find the shipped roms with the radios included, extract the dll's, zip and post, so this is it for now. If anyone really needs another one, just shoot me a PM and I will do my best to get to it as soon as possible.

The dll's are hidden system files so unless you have your OS set to view these, you won't see the files after you extract them. Just a friendly reminder.

Cheers.

fhk

Aug 21, 2008
Sorry but i have been a member on this forum from that i had my kaiser phone. But it seems i cant find the solution how to SECURITY UNLOCK my new touch pro.
Tried to install blackstone radio because i have no GPS fix at all sometimes after i pair of minutes it gets fixed then losses fix again. Tried to install the radio but of course got an error message ( thought id bricket the phone for a couple of minutes there :).:eek:
Thanks in advance for any help or pointing me in the right direction.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=426609

mindfrost82

Retired Senior Moderator
For those interested in the rilphone.dll's of the 4 different Blackstone Radios.

It takes a little time to find the shipped roms with the radios included, extract the dll's, zip and post, so this is it for now. If anyone really needs another one, just shoot me a PM and I will do my best to get to it as soon as possible.

The dll's are hidden system files so unless you have your OS set to view these, you won't see the files after you extract them. Just a friendly reminder.

Cheers.
Thanks! I'll copy this over and use the registry hack. Unfortunately I can't try GPS until I head home, which is about 7 hours from now :(

P1Tater

Retired Senior Moderator
Nov 28, 2007
In UR Head
Well renaming it to rilphone2.dll and changing that reg setting didn't work on the PROven 1.14a ROM. I don't get cell service now lol.

EDIT: The phone radio wasn't on and it won't turn on. When I try through the comm mgr I just get the spinny circle then it goes away and the radio still isn't on.

Didn't work on Monx 1.70.3 rom as well. Same result as you.

AllTheWay

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 3, 2007
Folsom, California
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Well renaming it to rilphone2.dll and changing that reg setting didn't work on the PROven 1.14a ROM. I don't get cell service now lol.

EDIT: The phone radio wasn't on and it won't turn on. When I try through the comm mgr I just get the spinny circle then it goes away and the radio still isn't on.

Didn't work on Monx 1.70.3 rom as well. Same result as you.

I also tried this on the Blackstone. Same result. I assume this is a file that needs to be cooked in. However on my device I simply replace the .dll file and didn't rename it rilphone2.dll

mindfrost82

Retired Senior Moderator
I also tried this on the Blackstone. Same result. I assume this is a file that needs to be cooked in. However on my device I simply replace the .dll file and didn't rename it rilphone2.dll
It didn't work by replacing the file either?

I manually renamed it to rilphone2.dll and changed that registry key and it didn't work. I didn't try overwriting my existing file.

P1Tater

Retired Senior Moderator
Nov 28, 2007
In UR Head
It didn't work by replacing the file either?

I manually renamed it to rilphone2.dll and changed that registry key and it didn't work. I didn't try overwriting my existing file.

Nope, tried replacing the file completely as well and it didn't work for me either. It either needs to be cooked in or the dll's from other devices just dont work for us.

Warjcowski

Nov 9, 2008
Even though it didn't work, were you able to actually replace the file? As in overwriting the old .dll with the new one.

Last edited:

mr.jaguar

Nov 20, 2007
fountain valley, ca
I was running 1.10.25.25 for a few days, all around decent radio. battery laster about a day. I just installed 1.9.25.35.. I'll let you know more after I play some more. I did notice the .25.35 has very quick gps lock with good signals..

oh yeah, I'm in southern cali near the coast.

Last edited:

Da_G

Inactive Senior RD / Moderator Emeritus
Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
xcsdm, yes, if it works than your ROM has had the nk.exe no certificate patch applied and it loaded successfully. :) I believe NATF is still using my XIP so that would make sense :)

For everyone else it's not working.. it's because your ROM hasn't been no-certificate patched. Gonna have to cook it in! Or cook in a no-cert patch!

xawen

Nov 12, 2008
Annapolis
I think I have a winner

After mixed results with the 1.10.25.25 radio I think I finally found my radio with 1.09.25.35. Thank you P1 for this one...

* Phone: Fuze
* ROM: PROven ROM 1.14a
* Call quality is great.
* Signal quality is among the best of any radio yet. Full signal in areas where other radios had half to none. No dropped or missed calls.
* GPS lock seems to be very fast (7-10 seconds indoors). Haven't used it enough to know if there are any drops.
* Battery life is the best part. I take the metro (underground) every day and work in a basement level office. Other radios (particularly 25.25) worked great at home, but killed the battery in these low signal situations. 35.25 goes all day and still has 60% left on it when I get home. On weekends, it'll have 85% left at the end of the day with minimal usage and 70% with moderate.

mindfrost82

Retired Senior Moderator
xcsdm, yes, if it works than your ROM has had the nk.exe no certificate patch applied and it loaded successfully. :) I believe NATF is still using my XIP so that would make sense :)

For everyone else it's not working.. it's because your ROM hasn't been no-certificate patched. Gonna have to cook it in! Or cook in a no-cert patch!
Have you been able to test to see if it helps with speed lag at all?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    20m1 radio sucks for GPS for me, but radio reeception was ok. GPS took 20 minutes to lock on!

btw MAW did you have the touchlockpro software when you had the 20m1 radio installed? was it the radio not the proggy that did the drain?

okey the same happened to me.. took me 20 minutes to lock.. do you sugget any that might work much better? have you changed or?

[edit]
    i changed to radio 1.02.25.28 and it took 25 sec. to lock 4-5 satellites ;)
    i have a touch pro unlocked gsm version with natf rom flashed and so forth.. well my prob is thateach time i try to flash a radion which were ment to be used for another phone which is supposed to work on the touch pro according to the thread, then i get an error [226]: write file. as for now i've flashed it with 1.08.25.20M1 Raphael which do work.. why can't i manage to use anything else.. i want to try the BS radion P1Tater is talking about...
    well you guys are right... i might have dissmissed that.. and seems like there are no shortcut to secu ulock it without paying.. correct me if im wrong though...
    in Turkey

i use blackstone 1.10.25.25 radio rom...in my opinion, this radio rom is the best...the gps connection time is max 1-2minutes under full cloudy weather.
    I was using 1.14.25.05 and i installed 1.17.25.09 yesterday. I have no problem and i think better battery life with it.
    Should i apply any rilphone.dll?
    You might as well just stick with the one you've got, especially if you've already confirmed better battery with the new radio/rilphone combination.