Help Me Break Pattern Lock

Search This thread

UnNaMeD__

My sister's phone (Micromax Canvas 2) was stolen and fortunately has been found by police (anyway still cash, credit card, HDD, USB and cash is missing). Phone have stock JB 4.1.1. Recovery is corrupted and it won't open (shows android with red sign).

Actually phone have pattern lock. Before it was stolen, luckily I have enabled android debugging. I have spent few hours but couldn't break and I don't want to erase data. Any help please?

My sister's phone (Micromax Canvas 2) was stolen and fortunately has been found by police (anyway still cash, credit card, HDD, USB and cash is missing). Phone have stock JB 4.1.1. Recovery is corrupted and it won't open (shows android with red sign).

Actually phone have pattern lock. Before it was stolen, luckily I have enabled android debugging. I have spent few hours but couldn't break and I don't want to erase data. Any help please?

I don't know much about Micro Max, but in my Samsung you can reset pattern by deleting
/data/system/gesture.key and
/data/system/password.key

I assume you know how to use ADB shell to delete above files.
If you don't know, ask me. I will be glad to help.

Sent from my GT-S5360 Gadget of Mass Destruction using xda-app
Using CWM........Busybox Commands........No I use my hands :D

Reactions: UnNaMeD__

UnNaMeD__

I don't know much about Micro Max, but in my Samsung you can reset pattern by deleting

Whenever i try to delete it says permission denied

GermainZ

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Aug 3, 2012
If you enter a wrong pattern 5 times, it should offer to send it to your associated Gmail account (you may need to tap the emergency call button then go back to the lock screen for that to appear.) Restoring to stock is also an option, although you'll lose your data (but not what's on your internal/external SD card).
There's also this article.

Last edited:

You need root access. If you have root, then type
Code:
adb shell
su
Then delete those files, reboot and lock is removed.

For GermainZ's Gmail method you need to be connected to internet. If you flash stock then external SD card will be safe. Internal card will be wiped.

Last edited:

UnNaMeD__

If you enter a wrong pattern 5 times, it should offer to send it to your associated Gmail account (you may need to tap the emergency call button then go back to the lock screen for that to appear.) Restoring to stock is also an option, although you'll lose your data (but not what's on your internal/external SD card).

Gmail account is associated with some unknown one that I don't know. Restoring to stock will only delete my apps right? I could do this but its recovery isn't working.

UnNaMeD__

Code:
adb shell
su

For GermainZ's Gmail method you need to be connected to internet. If you flash stock then external SD card will be safe. Internal card will be wiped.

Its not rooted :/

Recovery corrupt dunno why.

Search your device's forum/ask a recognized developer of your device how to install recovery by SP Flash Tool.

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

You can also flash your device (complete installation of stock).
You don't need recovery for that.
I can't help much as I don't have Micromax. I have Samsung.

But be extremely careful. Ask some experienced person before you do anything.

UnNaMeD__

Search your device's forum/ask a recognized developer of your device how to install recovery by SP Flash Tool.

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

You can also flash your device (complete installation of stock).
You don't need recovery for that.
I can't help much as I don't have Micromax. I have Samsung.

But be extremely careful. Ask some experienced person before you do anything.

Hey,! I have flash CWM recovery using fastboot. I have deleted both files but phone is just keep asking me the Gmail account login info. What to do?

Hey,! I have flash CWM recovery using fastboot. I have deleted both files but phone is just keep asking me the Gmail account login info. What to do?

If you deleted both files, then it will accept any pattern. When my phone was locked, I deleted those files from Aroma File Manager, rebooted and entered any wrong pattern and phone unlocked.

UnNaMeD__

If you deleted both files, then it will accept any pattern. When my phone was locked, I deleted those files from Aroma File Manager, rebooted and entered any wrong pattern and phone unlocked.

I deleted but it only asks gmail login info. I own a same phone, I changed lock screen to "none" on my phone and copied "locksettings.db" and "settings.db" from my phone to my SDcard. Inserted it on locked phone and replaced said files with armoa file manager and rebooted. Lock gone! Thanks for file manager and info bro. <3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
    adb shell
    su

Then I hope you can use recovery. Download Aroma File Manager, I suggest version 1.80 or 1.90
    Flash Aroma File Manager from recovery. Mount data before flashing.
    Delete above mentioned files. (No root required).
    Reboot and done!